Pottery Barn Design Studio Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pottery Barn Design Studio Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Pottery Barn

1.8

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview

I came into a retail store for a career fair. After filling out an application and submitting my resume and cover letter I was able to speak with the manager right away. He was very courteous and friendly. He read through some questions, described the role including the sales goals, and inquired about my availability. He also shared a bit about his background and the direction the company was taking in future months.

Interview Questions

• We spent a lot of time discussing scheduling, hours, and my availability.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pottery Barn

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very casual interview. Myself and the store manager sat on a couch and talked for 20ish minutes. The store I applied at was brand new so they were hiring an entirely new staff of people. Since I am currently an interior design student, I think I had an advantage, but being so young, 19 years old, definitely made me feel a little our of place at first.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep customers buying items in the store instead of going online themselves?   1 Answer
    • What makes you passionate about design?   Answer Question
    • What would you bring to the Design Team?   1 Answer

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

Simple questions aimed at assessing who you are, work experience, goals, and that you will be a good match for the team and the company. Management is friendly and easy to talk to during the interview process. The general manager does a good job assigning roles where employees express they feel most comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation if you're starting as a seasonal employee. Other positions are more flexible according to one's level of experience.

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Lynnwood, WA (US)).

Interview

One on one for me but sometimes two managers will be present. Not intimidating at all, very laid back. Dress like JCrew or Banana Republic. Accessorize if a girl. I was interviewed on floor but usually you go up to office. They are friendly and try to put you at ease. Lasts about twenty mins to half an hour. It's important to them that they feel you'll be reliable and fit in with the family feel of the store so be friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How do you react under pressure or stress?   1 Answer
    • What would you do on a very slow day, not many customers?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a line is forming?   1 Answer
    • How do you recover from a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Geneva, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was more of a conversation. The interview was concocted then 2 months later they finally called me to come in for training. Just seemed like too long omg a process.

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Norfolk, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I went into the store several times to express my interest. Spoke with store manager who referred me to the General manager. After several weeks I Met with general manager; answered questions about my experience and goals; informed of job duties and environment,l expectations; positive and engaging. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a fast paced multitasking environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussed salary, what is normal and what I expected; realistic and natural

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very straight forward interview. Hours available, experience, etc. With little experience in furniture sales, interior design experience is a plus. After you get hired, you get right on the sales floor and training happens along side experience.

Interview Questions

• Book of my designs/inspiration   1 Answer

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted over phone set up a date to have interview. The process was quick and did not take long. The interview itself was chill. Came in filled out application sat on one of the store sofa. It was very causal just like talking with a friend.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic: why am I interested, qualification, how would I handle a customer in this situation....   Answer Question

I went to another location

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Eugene, OR (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy interview process. Contacted by phone and set up a time to meet in store for the interview. The interview itself was very casual, we were just talking more than a formal interview with question to answer and question to answer. She took me on a tour of the store and talked about what the job consisted of; including hours and what a day-to-day looks like.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career? Where do you want to go in life?   Answer Question

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Hands on. Very easy process. Meet with managers, answer questions, check references. Very easy going. I personally met with store management and then some other studio specialists. They go over your knowledge of design software and basically ask you why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position and what makes you different than anyone else applying.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.