Pottery Barn Design Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pottery Barn Design Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Pottery Barn

1.8

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager in the middle of the store. She was friendly, mad asked the standard interview questions. I came with a resume and they also had me fill out an application. I had one interview, and than they had me come back to discuss compensation. When I accepted the offer I had to come back for an 8hr day of training, and watching videos. The interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pottery Barn?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a dollar more than they were offering

Other Interview Reviews for Pottery Barn

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (North Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very easy, seemingly nice friendly and helpful people that work there. Appears to be busy. This position is mostly outside sales. Interview was 1:1 and very easy going, relaxed yet professional. Excited about working for this company.

Interview Questions

• There was none of either. I was prepared either way but didn't seem to come up. Smooth process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Met initially with the store general manager and she was very nice and professional. Secondary meeting with assistant store manager who was very nice but a bit cold personally. Both liked me and my qualifications and set-up another interview time to meet with regional manager who was visiting so she could interview me as well. Was offered a Design Specialist position right away.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but was unexpected that the design specialists can make in-home appointments and close business from the customers' homes directly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations regarding salary were short; no room for more money based on experience; opportunity given to take on a seasonal management role for possibly more pay.

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was done in the middle of the Mall. I thought it was just because they were being casual but it is really because they don't care. Job title was deceitful as I thought I was going to be doing design work. In reality, it was all sales and the interviewer (store manager) never told me that and lead me on.

Interview Questions

• Really basic about what do you like about design and how do you talk to clients.   Answer Question

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied to job online. Was called for an in person interview following day. Interview was very basic. typical for retail job. Following day I was contacted and made an offer. Started orientation shortly after.

Design Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in July 2011.

Interview

Initially, very positive. The General Manager did most of the talking. Confirming only that I could do what was asked of me. Free schedule? Yes. Described the position as also providing a new service PB would be initiating: In-Home Design Consultant. I had been an In-Home Consultant for 6 years for my own business. I was happy to do that. He showed me a safety video at the staff table. Huge mess of boxes and stuff there and in stock room area. Little room to move.

Interview Questions

• Will you be available when called?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate only $1/hr more than set wage. Very firm. Advice here would be to get in writing what exactly you are negotiating for. I was told I would be getting 30+ hours a week. Each week I have been getting fewer hours. I am put on call most of the time. This week I got 4 hrs and was told I was hired as CASUAL. I had no idea what that meant at time. They hired a previous PB employee of 5 yrs last week along with bringing back a previous PB employee of 5 yrs who was out on disability.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.