Pottery Barn Casual Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pottery Barn Casual Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Pottery Barn

1.8

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Interview was not bad. Interviews are done as a group with a series of questions. If you are the last one in a group of about 10 it can get really hard to answer as it likely has already been said. It is also not great discussing all your past experiences in a group of people. Some private questions are also asked in the group making it very uncomfortable. A lot of inappropriate questions are also asked. They ask if you have children, are married etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating done. Not really applicable to the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Pottery Barn

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (West Des Moines, IA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied, interviewed, got job offer. Pretty straight forward and easy. It's hard to find good help right now, so many companies around here nab you if you have half a brain and seem driven.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength and weakness   1 Answer

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Salem, NH (US)).

Interview

I filled out an application and was called for an interview. They actually do "group interviews" which is a really good way for them to save time. It was 5 of us in the back room with the General Manager and we were asked things like "who's our biggest competitor?", "do you shop here?", "what experience do you bring?". It was pretty clear who might get an offer and who was definitely not getting an offer. They hired me and one other person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult to me but the people that weren't hired seemed to struggle with everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered $9/hr.

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple, 2-part interview, no problem, face-to-face. Casual and easy. Stress free. Met with 2 managers on 2 separate occasions. Hired and started mid-year. Pleasant and stress free enviroment, would recommend to anyone seeking a part time job.

Interview Questions

• General questions, where did you work before? Why did you leave? What did you like about your former job? What are your goals? What do you know about PB?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.