PA Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PA Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jan, 2018

3.1

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

I had a initial phone screen, AC day, and a final partner call. All interviews were behavioral except for a group case on AC day. The group case was an exercise advising a pyramid building company. The behavioral and technical interviews were indistinguishable. Everyone was extremely warm and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, "describe a time," industry/current events, and questions about the current state/future of the consulting industry   1 Answer

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Denver, CO (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was one-on-one, and the second consisted of a group problem solve/present, a casual lunch, and then 5 30-minute separate interviews with various people from the office.

The group problem consisted of presenting the recommended option for where to build an additional pyramid. Cost, time constraints, distance, material, number of pyramids, and other factors must be considered and addressed (they provide a packet with all of this info). There's no right answer, just justification for your recommendation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Denver, CO (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

The interview for an Analyst with the Energy and Utilities group began on campus, after an initial conversation I was shortlisted to visit their Denver office for the AC day. On this day, all candidates for interview were present, and we had 7 rounds - 5 official interviews with members of the team, one group discussion with other candidates, and one informal lunch session.
    All the interviews were based on my resume, and the primary aim seemed to be to form a personality assessment and fit for each team. The group discussion is a case study, but the aim is to ensure that we play nice with others, not to get the right answer. Lastly, the informal lunch is a way to make a good impression in a looser setting. We were watched at all times.
    Note: This particular team cares about selecting people who can fit well with others, and therefore, it is essential to avoid coming off as bossy, snarky, or short-tempered. People can be taught the role, but they can't be taught behavior. You may have good qualifications but that is not enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe xyz on your resume   Answer Question
    • What is one experience/project that you worked on, that you are most proud of/value the most?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in October-2017.

Interview

1st Round : Behavioral telephone
    2nd Round: Superday (technical, behavioral, group case)
    3rd Round: Call with Partner

The group case is still the Pyramid case that is mentioned all over glassdoor! I️ have a feeling they never change the case. As an FYI it is not possible to quantitatively evaluate all possible options, so make sure to divide the deliverables throughout the team.

The technical interview was not technical. It was mostly an evaluation as to what your perspectives are in the respective sector and where you think there are opportunities for growth. Most technical questions were specific to your previous project work on your resume.

Behavioral interview was the standard “tell me a time”.

Honestly, I️ got the impression (on multiple fronts) that they are struggling as a business (limited resources/ under utilized consultants/emphasis on limited clients). I️ frankly would not recommend if you are considering other management consulting firms, but ultimately the decision is up to you. Good luck!

FYI there travelling agency will fly you out and back on the same day for superday. Make sure they give you enough time to get to and from the airport.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

1. Very unorganized
    2. First interviewed on campus
    3. Then the recruiter did not send me any final round interview logistics until I actually followed up with her
    4. Interviewers from UK were unfriendly

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

They want to come to big schools, like MIT for recruitment, and then show the highest unprofessional attitude. Started with a behavioural round, and after that took 4 weeks to take the 2nd round (onsite), after that 1 week to give results, which were positive! Then they asked for another round, and on the day of that final round (call with Partner), they called and put the process on hold, saying THEY NEED TO RE-EVALUATE HIRING REQUIREMENTS! And it took them another 2 weeks to review requirements, at the end of which they called off the procedure saying they have better candidates!
    One thing I fail to understand is that consulting companies can fail so badly in creating their own strategy, that too hiring strategy, which is nothing new, and that they fail so badly in understanding that we do not have all the free time on earth, and its our future they decide to play with. All-in-all, this was a wastage of about 2 months, which are very very crucial when you desperately need a job!
    Thoroughly disappointed by this company's attitude and conduct!

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

(Still pending second round interview)
    First round interview was on-campus. I was asked typical behavioral questions, but strangely none of the "Tell me about a time when you..." questions came up. Instead, my interviewer asked me "Why PA Consulting," asked me to give a resume walk-through, and told me about various projects PA Consulting had worked on (I think she wanted to gauge my views on the decisions the company had made). It was a pleasant surprise to learn that I had a second-round interview before the first round ended.

Interview Questions

• Why PA Consulting?, Resume walk-through, Was told of various projects the company had worked on and asked for my thoughts on decisions made   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

I applied through my college's job application portal. It was a resume submission, and I heard back from them. First step was a behavioral phone interview. It was pleasant, more like a conversation. Second step was a "super day" (but not really a super day) at the NYC office. Here I did a group case, as well as two behavioral interviews with consultants. We then were served lunch and got to talk to many of the other employees. I received a call later to gather some more information about me, and I was told my application was as a top candidate. Two days later, I was told I did not get the job, which is confusing, and I did not appreciate. It gets the hopes up just to be let down again.

Interview Questions

• Group case was the pyramid game. (can be found on google)   1 Answer
    • Other questions were just about how I could deal with certain situations that might come up in a consulting positions, such as how I could deal with conflicts between client and my group, etc.   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was very structured and professional. Most of the interactions were handled through senior and junior HR personnel. They often went back and sought responses to many of the project related questions. I only met with the consultants during in person interviews. The process is quite standard for the more general management consulting firms

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for their firm?
      How I learned about them?
      What was my awareness of the firm from the public sphere?   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group.

Interview

4 interviews, 2 with partners and 2 with Managing Consultants focused on prior work and career desires. After the interviews, I was told that I was "not a fit" because "PA doesn't do the kind of work that I said I wanted to do." Well, I'm pretty confused about what type of work they actually do because all four interviewers claimed that they had worked on or were working the types of projects that I had direct experience in and was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Purely experiential interviews. The first two interviewers asked my opinion of tech trends in a particular industry and that led to some pretty interesting conversations.   Answer Question