OpenText Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

OpenText Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenText

2.8

Solutions Consultant Interview

Interview

Plusieurs entretiens dont un panel avec une présentation effectuée devant des employés. Un bon exercice avec des retours pertinents qui permettent déjà d'évaluer le niveau des personnes travaillant dans cette entreprise

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was more about what you did on your college. Just say the things you've achieved, your skills, knowledge, and work experiences. As far as I remember, our topic was about my thesis and my contribution to my group. Overall, the interviewer was fun to talk with.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very simple (by the script) phone screening interview Was told I’d hear back from the recruiter in the upcoming days. Ghosted! But after reading the many reviews it comes as no surprise. Thanks for dodging me first because i clearly dodged a bullet!

Software License Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Completely unprofessional in their inexcusably long process to refuse two very qualified candidates and sophomoric interviewing skills. They don't seem to have the maturity to understand that they are playing with others' livelihoods and careers. Racial slurs and inappropriate questions. Specifically, two giggly women in their mid-50s conducted the onsite interview with an Asian co-worker and me. The giggly women acted as though they were at Happy Hour in a local bar, not trying to impress a candidate (who might become a co-worker) in an interview. During the interview, Giggly One made a racial slur directed to the Asian man, their co-worker. He handled it with grace by ignoring it. Giggly Two told Giggly One that she should not have said that. Then, Giggly Two asked me directly: "Where do you live?' I was appalled, but I calmly answered her question as to the part of town where I own a home. (It happens to be a somewhat affluent area of Austin.) Giggly One responded: " And YOU should not ask that question." And, she giggled some more. Giggly Two defended herself saying that she wasn't asking me how expensive my house was. She said she was curious about what my commute would be. She then told me she lives in Round Rock (which is much longer a commute than for me!). UGH! Please tell me why it is any of my potential co-worker's business to know what my house might cost and how long it takes me to drive to work in the morning?!?! If I commit to the job, I will show up on time. Period. Paragraph. My recruiter is disgusted with them, too. The recruiter said she refuses to represent them any more due to the length of time they took to interview two highly qualified candidates and the lame reasons OpenText gave for not choosing either me or the other candidate (an attorney!). I think I dodged a bullet by NOT getting hired here. I suggest others avoid them as well. They have many negative Glassdoor reviews, as you might read for yourselves.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? (Meaning what part of town do you live in?)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

1:1 with various individuals, architect, senior and junior engineers and engineering manager. Whtieboarding coding problems. Straightforward. Basic computer science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures were emphasized. There were no terrifying coding problems.

Interview Questions

• There were several, but one was about adding the sum of n fibonacci numbers.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Gaithersburg, MD (US)).

Interview

Not difficult but was surprised that the Director and not the hiring/reporting manager led the interview. He asked 95% of the questions while the other four people listened. The one thing that shocked me was the volume (per product) of audits they said they handled (50+) and controls (1500+) - given the size of this company it was a bit insane to hear. Evidently they have had several acquisitions with no integration (continue with business as usual). They indicated they were trying to bring on about twenty-four compliance folks. DId not get any response/follow-up (formal rejection) to the interview after I sent a thank you message for their time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (San Mateo, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone screen w/ Recruiter, More technical phone screen with director, Onsite with coding questions with 2 other engineers. Had a few white board questions as expected as well as just chatting with the engineers.

Interview Questions

• Given a price and a payment, what's the best way to make change? Print out the types of coins you used   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a few days after applying. 6 hour in person interview. 1 hour single interviewer interviews back to back. Lots of scenario questions and skills tasks on computer. Offered job week later.

Interview Questions

• How many piano tuners are there in the city of Chicago?   Answer Question

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

3 people. 3 questions each. Very conversational. Nice experience. Got job offer same day. Took it as it paid $10 per hour and I couldn't pass that easy money up.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had an initial interview over the phone, then another over the phone and then I went in. Met with 2managers and it was ok. I enjoyed the interview process but they didn't get back to me until 2 and half weeks later with a NO

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.