Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services in Feb 2021

Interview

I've been interviewed for two different positions an it's either an assignment they either send in advance (1 week before the interview), OR that they provide 1 hour before the interview). They will also have a round of 4-6 questions that will test your experiences, understanding of the role/competencies, issues, work required, and company policies.

Interview Questions
  • I can't disclose this, sorry, but they are questions related to the role and the department using scenarios. "Tell us a time that you..." But using the "STAR" method helps.
    Answer Question

Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Application

I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Interview

Introduction about yourself, name, grades, project, both in class and out of university. what you want to get and learn in the company. some random questions about computer program and basis java knowledges

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2019

Interview

Easy interview process. East to understand. Not difficult. Nice people that interviewed me. Nice work space for the job. Good location to work at. Enjoyed the experience. Have to have good resume

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Selected for a 10 minute pre-interview, 3 minutes of which was spent describing interview process and introducing panel consisting of 4 senior members of the Centre for Forensic Sciences. Prior to the interview it was described as being a mix of both general and scientific questions. Turns out each panel member asked one question each. 3 general science questions and one general question. Perhaps a good way to filter candidates but definitely not a rigorous way to assess a candidate’s qualifications.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindsay, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Lindsay, ON) in Sep 2017

Interview

3 panels welcomed me. Very typical interview process. Asked questions while they took notes of my answers. The questions were easy. I thought I did really well, but I haven't received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • 1. how does your educational/ professional experience prepare you for a. assessment b. crisis intervention c. clinical treatment d. counselling 2. What will you do before attempting to provide support for an inmate given that it is a high structure capacity and resourceful interdisciplinary team? 3. What will you consider when doing psychological and bio-physical examination on inmates that gets reported to the parole? What are the important factors for immediate risk assessment? 4. Tell us about an experience when you went out of your way to advocate for a client who couldn't advocate for himself. 5. How will you create a positive, non-discriminative working environment? Written Q1: How will you approach hostile, uncooperative, and angry inmate? Written Q2: How will you answer to an inmate, asking you what can a psychometrist do for me?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2017

Interview

called for an interview 4 weeks after closing date. You can check status of job competition by searching on the job id number. Interview was a panel; nice group of people but very little eye contact

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services

Interview

The selection process involved resume screening followed by a 40 minute face to face interview with three panel members (5 questions), as well as two half-hour tests (computer skill testing and prioritization exercise requiring knowledge of government decision-making process and administrative protocols). Successful candidate was also submitted to a detailed reference check and security screening.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What was the situation? What did you do? What would you do differently?
  • Give examples of ways you've used technology creatively.
  • How do you prioritize your work?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Hamilton, ON) in Feb 2016

Interview

The hiring process takes approximately 1 years, the interviewer gives you questions to work and and then asks you about them. The interview basically is designed to fin out if you are mentally prepared for the job and if you know what the position entails.

Interview Questions
  • What type of crisis intervention training do you have and can you give an example?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Sudbury, ON) in Sep 2014

Interview

It was a competency based interview with questions to prepare beforehand including a presentation. I was interviewed by three people who took turns asking questions. I don't know what else to say, it was a regular panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would be the disciplinary process based on a scenario they provided.

Anonymous Employee in Monteith, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services (Monteith, ON)

Interview

Filled out and submitted an application. The application was reviewed. I had to submit health and eye exam results. I had to get certified in First Aid & CPR. I was called into a local testing center where we underwent scenario analysis and wrote an entrance exam. I was contacted by the training center at Bell Cairn near Hamilton and was given a training start date for a 7 week corrections training course.

Interview Questions
  • Basic addition and subtraction exercises that many people failed. We had to keep track of and maintain a total number of inmates as they were moved from cell to cell. 4 of 12 applicants in my test group were selected for training.
  • Many questions on the exam tested a person's thought process, ability to think through challenging ethical/moral decision making skills. The questions were formatted to distinguish a person's personality types and reaction to violence, opposition and coping ability.
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with Ontario Ministry of Safety & Correctional Services Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews