Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs

3.1

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Guelph, ON).

Interview

Process is impersonal. Was asked to prepare a presentation but there was no equipment for presenting. Basically shared printouts with the interview panel and went through the slides on physical printout. Panel busy making notes and little room for personality to show. Was asked a set of questions which were given an hour in advance - time to prepare. There was a written task section as well.

Interview Questions

• This job requires coordinating with various stakeholder groups. Provide an example where you had experience engaging with government or outside government partners   Answer Question

Student Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Guelph, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

One Phone interview
    About 15 minutes
    5 questions - panel of members of the line
    Easy process and saved time of having to travel/wait for process to occur in board room

Interview Questions

• Give an example do policy and how to apply it?

Why do you see yourself a fit for this position.

Example of a time you had competing deadlines what did you do?   Answer Question

Agricultural Geomatics Assistant Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Woodstock, ON) in February 2018.

Interview

After I applied online, I received an email within two weeks about setting up an interview time. I responded back and set an interview time within a week. After the interview I got a response about the position in about a week. Overall the interview process was easy, quick and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how phosphorus gets into soil and how it might leave the soil (specifically in farm fields).   1 Answer

Economic Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.

Interview

One month after applying online for the position, I received an e-mail saying that I have an interview in a week. After confirming that I am still interested in the position, I received another e-mail describing the interview process and providing the names of the interviewers. The interview was divided into three sections:

- A ten-minute presentation for which I was given the topic a week in advance
    - A sixty-minute interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of three people. They asked me five behavioural questions (i.e. How do you prioritize your projects?). I was given the five questions fifteen minutes before the interview to prepare my answers.

- A thirty-minute written test. The test consisted of one question that relates to the field of economic development.

In all honesty, I don't the interview was that hard. I think the hardest part with government jobs is to get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you had to resolve a conflict with another co-worker.   Answer Question

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Guelph, ON).

Interview

The interview consisted of a legal manager, a legal principal, and the deputy director. The interview was quite technical, asking substantive questions about the Ministry and areas of law it practices in. To prepare, I would recommend reviewing the Ministry website, knowing the areas of law in which the Ministry practices, and also being familiar with the statutes in which the Ministry uses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent Ministry case that went to the Supreme Court of Canada.   1 Answer

Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in January 2016.

Interview

CASUAL process where it was taken in my uni's building.
    People were extremely nice and friendly. Dress formal and be nice show that you can be a team member. starts with everyone asking a question to you.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Guelph, ON).

Interview

Application was online and was contacted for an interview by phone. Formal interview panel with difficult questions that were not completely outside the bounds of the job description, but focusing intensely on what was previously described as a minor portion of the job. Questions were difficult, but appropriately probing for technical knowledge. The questions were provided before the panel interview and I was given Interview process also consisted of a brief presentation where the question was given a few days prior to the interview. Candidates were required to put together a powerpoint on the topic and deliver a brief presentation.

All interviewers on the panel were acceptable in their approach but one who’s responses and follow-up questions and attitude was unprofessional.

A challenging technical / written portion of the process was conducted right after the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• - Describe the skills, knowledge and experience relating to the position
      - cite specific examples for providing advice to clients   Answer Question
    • - Outline the main focus areas for future work of past work experience relative to this position   Answer Question
    • - What challenges did you face from this work?   Answer Question
    • - What approaches did you use to address challenges?   Answer Question
    • - provide examples where you led or were the main contributor for consultation / coordination with multiple stakeholders
      - how did you identify project needs?
      - how did you learn from this example -- how could it be applied to this position?   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Guelph, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Took awhile to hear back after applying. Inteview with two managers. Pretty informal and easy questions. Make sure to mention the qualifications - they have a list they will check off. E.g. "good communicator" or "excellent writing skills". Interviewees were very nice and seemed genuinely interested in my background. Very welcoming environment helped to calm interview nerves!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you put your communication skills to work   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simcoe, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Simcoe, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

No phone interview. Straight to a panel interview with three employees and all other employees watching/observing. The questions were easy and straightforward so long as you knew about local agriculture and Canada's agricultural programs. Research ethics was also tested during the interview process. This is an entry level position so as long as you are educated, informed about Canadian agricultural practices and ethically sound the interview is very fair.

Ensure you know the ins and outs of research ethics, why/proof that you have strong attention to detail, proof that you can perform menial tasks for extended periods of time, proof that you can endure repetitive procedures and still ensure data integrity.

Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked multiple questions in person and then some on paper (like a test). The interview was about an hour long but it didn't feel like it. Everyone was very kind and it was a really relaxing atmosphere.

Some example questions:

-how do you handle situations where you have to perform repetitive, mundane tasks?   Answer Question
    • -given an example of unethical research work done by a collegue, what would you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in September 2011.

Interview

Interview lasted 2 hours and consisted of a 15 min PowerPoint Presentation, interview with 3 panel members and a written assignment. The question for the presentation was given 2 days before interview. Before interview I was given 10 mins to review the questions and make notes. I had 50 mins to complete the written assignment. I got an offer 3 weeks after interview. Preparing for the interview felt like a full time job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how your qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.