Cover image for OnStar

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

OnStar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at OnStar

OnStar

Application

I interviewed at OnStar

Interview

Solid interview. Asked typical questions. 30 minute interview. Panel of diverse interviewers. Interview was via video call and was seamless. Opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What positive things I could do
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OnStar (Ban Phone Savang)

Interview

Odd situation as they hire you initially through an agency for a one year contract, then if they like you, they hire you directly. I interviewed twice with the agency then had a panel interview with 4 OnStar/GM managers, which was a full hour, and went well. The lead interviewer was quirky, he challenged me to give an example of overcoming a certain complicated sales scenario and then stopped me within seconds on the example I began. He said it was too “high level” (I previously managed multiple teams of salespeople and a total of 200, I was overqualified but was fine with this role). So I gave him a ridiculously simple example, his response was an arrogant “now see, that wasn’t so hard, was it?”. The team asked me to put together a 30/60/90 day plan which I submitted in less than 24 hours. After 3-4 days I reached out to the agency rep who told me I was the only one they even interviewed, she expected that I would get the offer shortly. After another week I reached out and was ignored. I’ve reached out a couple more times to a couple of them, and never had a response. Extreme unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in U-No, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (U-No, NC) in Jul 2021

Interview

On zoom, very polite team members. Was through in job description and expectations of employees. Very knowledgeable in the process of helping new hires with questions. Seems like a good decision for me so far.

Interview Questions
  • How I would react to a customer that was upset.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Miami, FL)

Interview

Got in through Kelly services, phone panel, drug test, background check, I-9 verification, very simple, easy, it went by really quick, they explained the benefits, pay and comp, you are hired through Kelly services

Interview Questions
  • Got in through Kelly Services, had a phone panel interview with 3 people, they asked me about my experience, what I knew about the product, how can I generate sales, build my territory and general sales questions.

Anonymous Employee in Grants, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OnStar (Grants, NM) in Nov 2020

Interview

Interview was simple but very thorough. The lady was nice and respectful and explained everything well on how the company works, benefits and hours. I’m executed to work for this company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OnStar

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar in Jul 2016

Interview

The easiest interview in the history of the world. They asked 1 question and then told me about the job for the rest of a phone interview and another face to face interview. It was so simple it totally threw me off as to whether or not they were interested in me.

Interview Questions
  • Can you walk me through your resume from bottom to top?

OnStar

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OnStar

Interview

easy anyone can get the job. it was quick and mouth swab drug test then offer. the interveiw was fast and propmt you will thwn do a two week training.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time you had to display excellent customer service
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in Dec 2015

Interview

They ask a lot of questions that start start with "Describe a situation where...". This is a behavioral assessment. I found the hardest part is just remembering where I may have had those situations at some point in the past. I found this interview to be negative because they did not give me the technical portion. That means they can not hire me as a Senior Developer. It also means they can not have me come back and take the technical interview due to HR rules. I may be perfectly qualified for the position but due to a mistake on their part they cannot hire me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to prioritize difficult set of tasks.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OnStar (Luton, East of England, England) in May 2015

Interview

quick chat and showing of the building. Several questions asked by the in house recruitment agency Love Work Life, a phone test scenario was also carried out. 3 questions to be answered in length on paper. Meeting with the HR manager. Confirmation of job at the end of the interview and date of start given.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if an irate customer called you

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in Feb 2015

Interview

Consultancy approached for latest resume. Had an interview with Staffing agency manager before forwarding to GM. Then had an interview with technical architecture manager. Final interview was with HR.

Interview Questions
  • NDA agreement is signed but in general questions are about past experience, latest technologies and Architecture processes.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews