Nulogy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in April-2018.

Interview

Timely (Nulogy got back to me promptly at all stages in the process), professional (interviewers were knowledgable and on-time), relevant (interview questions had to do with Nulogy's actual domain; many good explanations as to what Nulogy does), and challenging (Some questions definitely had me thinking hard) without being over-the-top with questions designed to grill or trick people.

Interview Questions

• Explain the relationships in this domain (after being shown a real life manufacturing scenario)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

Super slow. And unresponsive.
    So slow that I ended up taking a role with Facebook in the process of this application because Facebook was way more organised in scheduling interviews and was actually looking for an engineer and no a comments formatter.

First call was great and was handled by an actual engineer. It was helpful to jump right to the tech talk.

Assignment was super easy, however it was rejected due to flood of personal and styling preferences of the reviewers.

I even got a comment about using `class << self` questioning what it does and wether it's needed at all in a module. Yes it could be `extend Namespace` or it could be a `class` even. Point is it's a personal or a style matter. Candidates have no idea about your internal style-guides.

Statement about the use of blocks just killed the last bits of my interest in this company. Assignment review speaks for the level of knowledge and type of environment.

Funny, some failed to even bring the environment without dependencies locally. Literally all you need is: irb and a bash.

I am glad the interview process is over with just an assignment and I haven't wasted more of my time.

Good luck with your business guys.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
      What's your weak points?
      What's your strong points?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in August-2016.

Interview

It started off really good. I had a skype interview which went great and the interviewer couldn't be more friendly. He proceeded me to next round which was a take home assignment. My experience up till here was nothing but great. I finished it in a day and sent it, the person told me he will get back to me 2 days later but he never got back to me. I even sent a follow up email twice, but he never replied.

Interview Questions

• Skye interview was more of a personality check and take home assignment was really easy.   Answer Question

9 Sep, 2016 – CTO

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We're sorry that your interview experience ended on a bad note. We aim to be very respectful of the time applicants invest in applying to Nulogy... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in August-2016.

Interview

I was fortunate to have an in-person session with the interviewer and we learned a lot about each other. He was kind enough to offer advice on helping me stand out as a job candidate, which I'm taking and implementing into my career. Furthermore, we got to share common perspectives on what makes a great engineering culture and I'm ready to move on to a career that supports that.

Finally, the interviewer was thoughtful when he asked me questions about my career aspirations, and offered me pointers on how to improve my chances. I cannot thank him enough!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in August-2016.

Interview

A series of three interviews; the first two were sit down conversations with founders. They asked some challenging but important questions. These two interviews were structured around my past experiences and learning opportunities/challenges/obstacles/reflections. It was fast-paced back and forth style which built on the answers I was giving.

The last interview was an exercise in which I had to accomplish a task that would be similar to the work I would be doing during the job itself. I had a week and a half to prepare and came into the office to showcase it to about 12 people from the office. Following the task, I had the opportunity to ask questions to the team and they gave me feedback on the spot.

I was contacted a few days later and was given an offer.

Overall I think that the interview process was an accurate representation of what it would be like to work here, and one of the most exciting/challenging ones I've done yet.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual where the interviewer first asks you questions related to your hobbies and interests they found out using your linkedin profile. Then they ask you questions about why you want to join Nulogy, your strengths and weaknesses and other general questions. Then at last they give you a chance to ask them questions related to Nulogy or anything related to it. It takes almost 30 minutes for the interview.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Had 1 round at their office. Was very casual and laid back. Was asked some behavioural questions that were very generic and a few technical questions about string concatenation and performance. Overall my interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I dressed up but the whole office was in t-shirts. My interviewer said he appreciated me dressing up.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and don't try and make it into a positive trait   Answer Question

Negotiation

None as it was a summer job

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in May-2018.

Interview

Met with the manager of engineering for 45 minutes, talked about career goals etc. and experience. Then met with a team of 3 for a whiteboard session around database design, this was around an hour. Then met with a team of 3 for a paired programming session where I had to extend a function in a language of my choice, and create a new function on a whiteboard. Everyone was very supportive and answered all questions I had about the company. It was a challenging and insightful process, really liked the people and the company. Would highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest mistake you made in your career   Answer Question

17 May, 2018

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback with us and we're happy to hear you enjoyed meeting with our team. We do hope you keep in touch as we grow and looking forward to connecting with you again... More

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in November-2014.

Interview

I found out about the company through a friend of mine and applied online. I had about 4 rounds of interviews with various levels of senior leadership, ending with a presentation. The interviews were friendly, honest and focused. They have an exhaustive process to ensure fit and your success in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on a simulation on the PackManager   1 Answer

I would've loved to work here but had a better offer elsewhere and had to decline.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON) in January-2015.

Interview

This is one of those companies which waste your time through their "unique" interview process full of useless things. First there is a coffee date during which one person from the team will meet up at an uncomfortable Starbucks across the street. If you are successful, they give you an extremely easy coding challenge. After the challenge you go into the office for a more technical interview which consists of questions about your past experiences, a white boarding exercise and then a pair programming exercise with another employee.

I am 95% sure Mr CTO hadn't read my resume before meeting me and commented that "they want someone with more computer science experience". Well why don't you read my freakin resume and not call me for an interview?

My advice is to skip all that coffee date crap and have one or two phone interviews to decide if there is a match or not before wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Write a small program to test how you write code and push it to a public repo.   Answer Question

17 Jun, 2015 – CTO

Thanks for your feedback as it helps us continually improve our process and how we connect with potential Nulogites. Our interview process spans several meetings as we find that it allows both the... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.