Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 7 Dec, 2017

2.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

I was called and interviewed over the phone after expressing interest to a financial planning internship. This position was heavily dependent on commission and I became uninterested. Upon expressing my disinterest I was still emailed back for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my personality and history.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

Background information, very pleasant interview without any serious challenging questions, they asked me what are my plans for the future and where I see myself in 5 years. They called me later and said that they wanna schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing besides college?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in April-2013.

Interview

The process was to be as expected. Efficient and thorough. I had an initial screening in person with someone at Northwestern's downtown campus, then had another group interview about a week later. They offered me the position, but ultimately I didn't want sell insurance. You build your own network, so I especially didn't want to start by trying to sell insurance to all my friends and family. Definitely could be a good role for a true sales person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your previous position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions

The position just wasn't for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX (US)) in March-2011.

Interview

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY (US)) in July-2010.

Interview

To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying at Northwestern?   1 Answer

Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC (US)) in June-2010.

Interview

Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March-2010.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.