Northern Digital Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Northern Digital Inc Interview Questions

Interviews at Northern Digital Inc

2.0

Hardware Designer Interview

Interview

Terrible interview. The HR person just asked typical silly HR questions about personality and how I get along with coworkers. I gave her the standard "canned" responses. The hiring manager didn't even understand the role I was applying for so he asked very basic technical questions. The one team member asked very detailed questions that only someone who was or had worked for the company in that role could answer. Honestly, it was a waste of four peoples time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something illegal or unethical?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, they presented an offer and I took it. I needed some experience as I was right out of school, and after getting it I ditched the company for greener pastures.

Northern Digital Inc Response

Oct. 4, 2016 – Web & Digital Marketing Specialist

NDI did successfully fill a Hardware Designer position in 2014, and we're happy to report that this valued member of our team is still with us... and happy! As for the comment posted here - if this... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc.

Interview

Had a pleasant interview over skype with one of the managers. It was a fairly laid-back and straight forward interview with lots of back and forth exchanges. I think it mostly depends on who's interviewing you, as there was no HR intervention really.

Interview Questions

• Had an unexpected question pop up about what I didn't like about my previous jobs   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc in March 2015.

Interview

terrible questions, all personality based nothing on skills
    interviewer was not prepared, they didn't review my resume or cover letter
    it seemed I knew more about the company and products than the interviewer, and I got all my info from the company website.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
      How would you market our product?
      Why do you think you would be good in this role?
      Do you like working with others?
      How would you solve a problem like Maria?
      What is your favorite colour
      What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?   1 Answer

Northern Digital Inc Response

Oct. 4, 2016 – Web & Digital Marketing Specialist

These interview questions made us smile! That being said, we never advertised a Marketing Manager position - but if we ever do, we encourage this person to apply! We appreciate this sort of... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc.

Interview

No worries here. Just be calm, collective, positive, and confident. Make yourself presentable and bring a sense of humor. All questions relate to your resume and education.

Negotiation

None

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc (Waterloo, ON) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email from HR manager for scheduling a telephonic interview. We talked about my background, experience and opportunities at NDI. She scheduled for the onsite interview on next available date with three people. But, there were two people present. They asked me about my experience and projects that I have done in the past. There were also some technical questions on the paper related to strings, arrays, string functions like strcmp and pointer arithmetics with precedence.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest problem that have ever solved?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Two interviews in total with the same interviewer. The first interview was about personal background, such as work experience, educational background, etc, and introducing the company. It was a normal HR type interview.
    After the first interview, the second interview was mainly focus on the company products. The interviewer provided me a pointer point file about their product 3 days in advanced, and asked me to present the product to him. It was a test for presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• During the interviews, there was 3 languages being used (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin), and the interviewer changed languages without any notice. No difficult questions being asked.
      Also, the product presentation was not popular to technical person. Maybe it would be easier to salesperson.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northern Digital Inc.

Interview

Basic HR interview.

Asked to present your latest work as a power point presentation.

Technical staff asked question related to what you did.

Brief detail of their expectation for the position.

If successful final interview question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.