Nordstrom Visual Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nordstrom Visual Merchandising Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.8

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2weeks later I got an email from HR to choose a certain date and time for a phone interview. I choose the first available time and she called. At the end of the phone interview, she invited me to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?
    Why do you want to be a visual merchandiser?
    What experience do you have that related to visual merchandising?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Relaxed and laid-back, two current employees (the manager and another merchandiser) conducted the interview. They asked questions on current fashion trends, stores and brands that I found inspiring as well as creative projects that I'd taken part in outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Favorite brands, brands that are current, modern, trendy, traditional, etc.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process takes a few months. There's a phone interview , FaceTime interview, and an activity. There was about a two week time frame between each interview. And I expect it to Be a other few weeks until they narrow everything down.

Interview Questions

• What does visual merchandising mean to you?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Norfolk, VA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a sit down interview where we discussed resume and experience. After that there was a practical portion where I styled a group of mannequins according to the placement of merchandise on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter after submitting application. Brief phone interview, followed by an in-store interview with 2 managers. Asked questions about what I knew about the company and retail itself.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

A very thorough interview. They take you into a side room and will ask you questions from a sheet of paper and write down your answers. I was interviewed by the Visual manager and her assistant. Once the sit down interview is finished they walk you to a certain department with a rolling rack and give you an inspiration sheet and ask you to pick outfits that correspond to those trends. Layering the outfits is key* and also pay a lot of attention to detail i.e.: rolled cuffs, rolled sleeves, popped collar etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of fast fashion brands?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Sat down with the manger and went over the role. She asked me about my experience from my resume and introduced me to some of the team. She went over the hours of the position and the need for a flexible employee who would be open to early hours and late nights.

Interview Questions

• How important is it to adapt to different trends while being part of the visual team?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Was odd that there was no one to meet me for my interview at the scheduled time had to pick up a phone to page.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview(personality/problem solving gauge), in person interview with visual managers on experience, and visual styling assessment which took about 20 minutes. The whole experience was pleasant. The process took about a week.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

The Visual Manager had me pull three outfits for 3 different customers in 30 minutes. I then described where each "outfit" was going and the target market

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.