Nordstrom Visual Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nordstrom Visual Merchandising Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2020.

Interview

I received a call from a hiring manager during the day The hiring manager explained the position to me. She asked me about five questions regarding my experience and gave me customer scenarios. She also asked for my availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview(personality/problem solving gauge), in person interview with visual managers on experience, and visual styling assessment which took about 20 minutes. The whole experience was pleasant. The process took about a week.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, then got a call from the visual merchandising manager. Had one phone call and then they invited me to the store for an in-person interview where I presented a mood board to a group of 4 of the district visual merchandising managers.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

A very thorough interview. They take you into a side room and will ask you questions from a sheet of paper and write down your answers. I was interviewed by the Visual manager and her assistant. Once the sit down interview is finished they walk you to a certain department with a rolling rack and give you an inspiration sheet and ask you to pick outfits that correspond to those trends. Layering the outfits is key* and also pay a lot of attention to detail i.e.: rolled cuffs, rolled sleeves, popped collar etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of fast fashion brands?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Sat down for coffee. Talked about my resume and schooling. Talked about the position requirements. Asked me about past expierience. Asked about if I want to grow with the company and am I mobile

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Summited resume via its website. After two weeks received an email to schedule a one hour interview call. The interview consists of genetic visual merchandising course questions rather than actual skill set. After the interview, the VM gives feedback what could have been said and how to excel at the interview for future reference.

Interview Questions

• Generic VM questions
      What is the most important thing about visual merchandising?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Sat down with the manger and went over the role. She asked me about my experience from my resume and introduced me to some of the team. She went over the hours of the position and the need for a flexible employee who would be open to early hours and late nights.

Interview Questions

• How important is it to adapt to different trends while being part of the visual team?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I first had a phone interview, we talked for about 20 minutes and it was basically her describing the job. She then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. I went in a few weeks later for the in person and it was a panel of 3 people(2 VM Managers and the district visual director) I was also with 3 other interviewees. The interview wasn't bad, pretty simple questions and having 3 other people gave each of us time to think of a good answer. After that they have you wait in a room where they then call each in one by one. During this they will either thank you for your interview and you will hear back(means you didn't get it, most likely) or they will tell you that you are going to the second round. The second round they give you a trend board and you have to go to a department and select 3 outfits that reflect the trends given. You only have 20 minutes. They will then take a photo and review it. They don't review it with you but this is just to see if you can style outfits. That is basically the whole interview and all together it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite designers?   1 Answer
    • What do you think Visual Merchandising is about?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual and straightforward. I had a phone screen and then had an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I had to style 3 looks that would be displayed together and then explain my though process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you look for fashion and style Inspiration?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process takes a few months. There's a phone interview , FaceTime interview, and an activity. There was about a two week time frame between each interview. And I expect it to Be a other few weeks until they narrow everything down.

Interview Questions

• What does visual merchandising mean to you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.