Newton Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Newton Europe Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct, 2017

3.6

Operational Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Interview at career fair. Then Skype interview with HR, then online test, then phone with director, then Skype again with 2 consultant, then on site case study. The case study was surprisi. You might think you need to present results but no, you have to simply ask questions and go with the flow don't impose anything. Don't act as know it all.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult situations? Tell me about how you go about solving a problem. What are key values?   Answer Question

20 Jan, 2017 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Glassdoor, we are always keen to hear an applicant’s experience so we can continue to improve our processes. I am glad to hear that your overall... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online application (numerical test, video interview). On the selection day: Introducing each other followed by some group activities (also presentations about the company, have the chance to ask questions). Performance will be evaluated and they will decide whether you can stay for afternoon interview right after lunch.

Interview Questions

Newton Europe Response

14 Dec, 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Glassdoor, I am pleased to hear your experience was a positive one.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe in November-2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was sent a link to do a numerical and data interpretation test. After passing that, I had to do a recorded interview. The online interview had 3 basic questions. Be prepared to talk to a camera under a time limit (and try to stay calm).
    After the online interview, I was invited to selection day where you and approx. 7 other people will spend time presenting, working on a case, and doing more numerical/data interpretation tests. After lunch, some people are sent home, and the remaining will spend time one-on-one with the assessor explaining a given case and doing self-assessment. The final test was a multiple choice test on a new concept they would teach. Try to work on the data interpretation part quickly, as time runs out pretty fast. Cases were straightforward (very numerical) but the assessor asked questions that were challenging. Be enthusiastic, confident, positive and listen to others.

Interview Questions

• Online:
      What would you ask the director?
      Example of leadership.
      What would they (Newton) describe you if you've worked together for 3 months.   Answer Question

Consultatnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got invited to take an online test and then a video interview and was finally invited to t the selection day in New York. There were 8 people and it started with introducing each other after a brief conversation. Then there was a written test and finally a group case study. After which they give lunch and after lunch they tell who is going to stay further and who leaves. Out of 8 people, five were international and 3 Americans. They sent back all internationals and kept only Americans, not sure if that was intentional but certainly seemed like it given the performance we saw from everyone. Interview process is long but good overall.

Interview Questions

• What would you ask the Newton director if you saw him on the elevator.   Answer Question

5 Dec, 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are extremely passionate about our recruitment process and endeavour to ensure it is a positive learning experience for all applicants regardless of the... More

Graduate Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Newton Europe in November-2016.

Interview

Numerical test and case test combined at university followed by an automatic online interview, which consisted of hearing a question, thinking for 30 seconds about it and answering within 60 seconds.

Interview Questions

Newton Europe Response

24 Nov, 2016 – Candidate Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

After applying online I was asked to do a math/physics/engineering online test, which was followed by another data analysis/case test. The tests are not easy and time is a constraint. Then, I was invited to do an online video interview composed of 3 questions. I passed that round and I will be attending the selection day which is the next stage of the interview process.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newton Europe in October-2016.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was an online test. The first test is general math test to test your number crunching skills. The second online test was a Data Interpretation test containing questions similar to the cases Newton Consultants handle day to day.

The second round was an online video interview where you have to answer three questions. The questions flash on the screen. You have 30 seconds to think of an answer and 1 minute to answer. They are general behavioural questions, similar to those you filled out on the form.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your best accomplishment is - personal, academic or professional? Why?   1 Answer

24 Nov, 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Glassdoor, we are always keen to hear about candidate experiences and ways that we can improve our recruitment process.

Graduate Operational Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, two skill based exams (math and analytical skills) where there was multiple choice but penalized for wrong answers, don't worry too much about that you can score somewhat low % and still make it to next round as it is testing how you perform under pressure as much as anything else, and an online recorded interview set of questions, ranging from 30-60 seconds to answer

Interview Questions

• what is one thing someone will learn about you after working with you for 3 months   Answer Question

10 Feb, 2017 – Recruitment Administrator

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

Interview

Had a video interview, the process is very standard and streamlined. Three behavior questions plus several math questions. It is not difficult, but you need to do it really fast because you only have about 25 mis for 50 questions. The questions are also harder at the end.

Interview Questions

• Basic math questions with extremely limited amount of time   1 Answer

13 Jun, 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Glassdoor. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience, we try to take on board all feedback as to continuously improve our... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

First is video interview.Questions include:
    1.What do you want to ask a Newton director
    2.If we've been working together for 3 months, what would I say about you? Something good, something bad?
    3.Leadership experiences

Interview Questions

• What do you want to ask a Newton director
      Leadership experiences   Answer Question