News360 Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at News360

News360

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News360 in Feb 2019

Interview

I had a 30 minutes call with HR, then I had an assignment to send back in 3 days. The assignment was time consuming. Two weeks later, I received a basic rejection email without any details, I asked for more feedback, they didn't bother to respond. This company was not worth my time.

Interview Questions
  • Experiences, behavioural questions
    Answer Question

News360

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at News360

Interview

The HR contacted me a few days after I applied online for a Skype call. The interview was more of a resume and culture check than a portfolio review. The HR said he would send me a design task afterwards on the same day, but I didn’t receive it until two days later. The design task took me a whole weekend, but I never heard back from them ever since. NOT even a rejection letter. I feel there’s lack of organization and sense of time for the recruiting process. And I don’t think it’s respectful of the candidates who put in lots of their time for this job. Will never apply again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

News360

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at News360

Interview

There was some technical difficulties in the beginning of the interview. The recruiter was nice and friendly. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. However, I do feel like the team emphasize on culture fit and work ethics above any skills or abilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

News360

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at News360

Interview

Their process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a programming task, in-person interview, and a final interview with the founders. One of the first questions in the phone interview was about salary expectations. The programming task is supposed to take 3-4 days and required knowledge of Docker and data analysis. After learning about the relevant materials it took about 8 hours to code it up. The in-person interview questions were very broad: "Tell me about HTTP", "What do you know about databases" etc. with no clarification on what specifically they wanted to know. There was no whiteboard coding during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know about [Javascript?] promises?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at News360 (Richmond, BC) in Jan 2018

Interview

They give you a very practical take home project, it will take 1-7 days depends on your skills and knowledge, you have to show them your code and explain every part in details. Once you pass the project, you will do 1-2 rounds technical interview, the final one is a talk with their leaderships. All questions and projects are super easy, the CEO rejected me because "culture fit" reason. I guess they just want to steal people's idea of how to do ML based content feeding system. The reason why I say this is because my couple friends have gone through the same process, passed all interview and got rejected because "culture fit". Completely waste of time, if they think "culture fit" is the most determine factor of hiring someone why don't they do "culture fit" check at very beginning? that's why i think they are stealing ideas

Interview Questions
  • News feeding system that feed twitter news to subscribers. explain the algorithm and why you choose it
  • How to do searching and sorting in large scale array

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at News360 (Richmond, BC)

Interview

I was informed of the opportunity by an external recruiter who helped arrange interviews and completed a video call, skills assignment that took about 2 hours to complete and then an in-person interview where we discussed my results and also a lot of discussion around how I would approach solving problems. Overall a positive experience, friendly people with a focus on finding top skills.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in working for this company?
2 people found this interview helpful

News360

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at News360

Interview

They said that test assignment should take 4-5 hours of coding, but it actually took me whole weekend, though it was interesting. I solved their problems, but was pretty slow with details.

Interview Questions
  • You have a very large file with zero-terminated strings, find all unique ones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at News360 (Richmond, BC)

Interview

I applied after talking to them at a Tech fair. Was sent a programming project and was told I had 3 days to complete it. Was asked to come in for an interview. Was asked a variety of questions on hashtables, RESTful design principles and deep cloning. Was sent a rejection letter one week later.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at News360 (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2017

Interview

Got notification from email that I will have a skype interview. The interview starts one week later. Quite short interview. Ask some brief questions about my developing experience. What is my expectation for the salary, and do I have any question for the company. It is the first interview in my life, so I learn a lot from it.

Interview Questions
  • Can you talk about one of your developing experience?

News360

Application

I interviewed at News360

Interview

Contacted by and had a brief interview with HR over Skype asking general question. I was then given a take home coding test and a week to complete it. Feedback was to be sent in 1 week, at which point they let me know the feedback would take another week. A week later I received an email telling me I was not asked to continue to the next stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews