Netflix Talent Acquisition Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Netflix Talent Acquisition Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

The hiring manager is a huge part of the interview, almost every step of the way. I had one phone interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by a coffee at the office, and then a day at the office where I had four interviews back-to-back, each thirty minutes. One of the interviews on that in-office day was via google hangout. The person who arranged my interview was on the team I was applying for. She was friendly, punctual, and accessible even when she was not in the office. They move fast and the interviews are demanding and intense, likely reflective of the culture, which is great. Use your interviews as a chance to interview the company and its people yourself, and remain honest with yourself at every part of the process. Prepare 3-4 good, well-researched, thoughtful questions for each of your interviewers and don't be afraid to ask them. They're looking for the best of the best because they can, so make sure to remind yourself whenever you are nervous that it is just as much your decision as to whether you want to work there as it is theirs.

Interview Questions

• If a Hiring Manager is not returning your emails about a position, what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview process was quick and sweet. I was contacted by email and then I had 2 phone screenings followed by an in-person interview. The in-person was lengthy, but I met with 6 people separately so it was the only time I had to come in to interview. Each interviewer touched on a different topic so I never felt like I was getting repetitive questions. The hiring manager was very open and honest about where the team was in the process of interviewing so I knew what day I'd hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you spearheaded a task and it succeeded. Tell me about a time when it failed.   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest fear leaving your current company for Netflix?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

I had a great candidate experience while interviewing. My point of contact was communicative and in constant touch with me in case I had any questions. I was welcomed with great staff, a welcome bag and had great conversations with each interviewer.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Was reached out to ~3 weeks after I applied online, spoke with a recruiter for about 20 min then was invited in to the office to meet with the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Throw your recruitment strategy out the window - how would you specifically start recruiting for Netflix?   2 Answers

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

The interview process with Netflix was so unpleasant that I felt the need to post my first-ever company review. For a company that prides themselves on a "seamless candidate experience," this was exactly the opposite. Firstly, the recruiter was 45-minutes late calling me for our scheduled call - I only received a call after I followed up with her inquiring if we needed to reschedule. Shortly after, she called and a last-minute interviewer, (Supervisor I believe), had been added in to the mix. There was lack of warmth and personal touch from both. It was a weird call; I was left questioning why they had even set-up the call in the first place. I was not asked one question about myself in terms of skill-set, experience, what I can bring, what I've done, where I've been, who I am etc. I was only asked about the culture, why I had chosen Netflix and what I like to watch.

When I had mentioned recently relocating to the area and picking up a temporary recruiting position while I sought permanent employment, I was asked in a rude tone, (the ONLY question she asked, might I add), "well then why did you apply to Netflix?" Surely, not all candidates have the luxury of not working while they seek something permanent. Should I really need to explain that I’d prefer not to have job gaps and I like income? She seemed inexperienced and that was the only question she could pull out. After the most awkward, 15-min call, I was told that although my answers were "impressive" and "stood out," I wouldn't be the right fit. I was taken aback in how this info was so uncomfortably delivered to me during a screen. I was genuinely curious to know why, (seen as I wasn't asked anything about my myself besides my TV preferences); to which the interviewer provided a response that didn't make any sense coupled with they have more "qualified" applicants for this role, (I was actually overly-qualified).

Not everyone is a fit - fair enough - being an experienced recruiter, I definitely empathize with and understand that. However, I was prepped and excited for my call. I love the Netflix brand, am an avid user of the product and this opportunity was with company I wanted to represent and hire for. However, I got off the phone feeling low, defeated and just completely put-off. The entire interviewing scenario was disappointing and distasteful and not what I would have expected from such a renowned media company who emphasizes a "people” culture.

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you applying or looking elsewhere?
      2. Did you read about our culture?
      3. Do you have Netflix? What do you watch?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.