Netflix Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Netflix Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview is with a recruiter on the phone for no more than 30 minutes. They are very friendly and asks questions right away.
If the 1st interview is successful, then you get to interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

They reached out to be through Linkedin and set up a call. They were flexible as I was traveling for work. I only went through one call, as I decided the role was not for me. It was simple process: set up the call, chat, then I was to follow up and let them know if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them how I got to where I was today in my career.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, second round was a google hangout, third round I interviewed with 2 recruiters and the first two people I spoke to. So total in person was 4 folks. Honestly up until that point in the process everything was great. I had a feeling I did not get the role, which in the recruitment business you are familiar with a candidate not being chose, etc (sometimes you are just not the one) BUT what I thought was both rude and demeaning was receiving a thanks but no thanks stating that I wasn't polished enough. Totally unnecessary to say and when you have 4 caucasian people interview a non caucasian that comment even hints at other underlying motives.

Interview Questions

• What type of new/unique things do you do for recruitment?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I interviewed in person with 4 recruiters and a senior manager in the group I would be recruiting for. Almost everyone I met is very new to Netflix and barely there for a year. I got the sense that each person interpreted "freedom and responsibility" differently. They emphasized the work atmosphere as high performing, non micro-managing, and an active feedback culture. However when I asked each of them to give me examples of feedback they have received, the responses appeared to show a "micromanaged" environment. One recruiter said another teammate told him to not reply all to emails because he was stepping on her toes. I received feedback as well, noting that I should respond to all recruiting emails with "a thank you and that I received the email". My understanding was that I would receive feedback that would help me improve as a recruiter, i.e. providing context about the bigger picture, not about irrelevant day to day issues. They boast a year long maternity leave policy, but 2 interviewers, who were pregnant were both taking less than 6 months. My assumption is that the benefit is all for branding and that anyone that actually takes the full time off would probably get blacklisted in the firm. The senior manager had an impressive background, and he definitely showed it. He came in late and didn't make a ton of eye contact. He said he partners with recruiting but acted like I was wasting his time. He loved to interrupt the interview process with his own thoughts and would stop me mid way to ask follow up questions when I hadn't even finished my initial answers. He basically told me so far they've tried everything possible to recruit and it's still very difficult to attract talent. Overall, the recruiting process was a bit disjointed, but that isn't out of the ordinary for a firm with so many new people. I would be surprised if any of these people will still be at Netflix in a year. I decided not to move forward in the process after this interview because it was clearly not a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were able to influence the business.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a recruiter via LinkedIn and she got my resume into the right hands, and I had a phone interview the next day with a researcher who ended up shepherding me through the entire interview process, calling me each step of the way to ensure all of my questions were answered. After a few rounds of Skype interviews, I was flown out to meet the whole time. I found everyone to be passionate, friendly, and incredibly helpful. Overall, the process was incredibly efficient and ensured a positive candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most critical piece of feedback you've received from a hiring manager, and how did you respond to it?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix in January 2019.

Interview

SIGH. Netflix recruiting, I had such high hopes for you. The recruiting team & HR is always praised saying how great each and everyone of you all are. The cutthroat environment of only high-performers made me believe that the recruiting process would be some what of a high caliber interview process. I’m sad and disappointed to say that mine wasn’t. After reaching out to a Director directly, I was sent an interview request from a Researcher. This researcher had less than a year of experience. I was hesitant initially but I thought, hey, it’s Netflix, she must be solid to make it at least that long. Gosh, I was so wrong. The call started 5-6 minutes late. She apologized and laid out the outline for the phone conversation (typical layout: going over your background first, recruiter asks you questions and goes over the position, and question time at the end). First couple minutes through the phone call, I can already tell it’s not going well. Was it me? Or was it her? I can definitely let you know that the tone of the Researcher’s voice already made a statement. She wasn’t interested... not even at a bare minimum. Was she forced to screen me? It sure felt like it. The call was VERY rushed. I get that it was for 30 minutes but calling me late, that’s on you. I asked her questions at the end and you know what a recruiter’s pet peeve is? Not answering the darn question. I asked her about the typical req load and offices that I would recruit for. She only answered the latter. So how are you going to judge me as a recruiter and pass on me when you can’t even do a good job screening me? I’m not sure if she was taught about “candidate experience” but here’s my thing. Most candidates take time to research and prepare for the call, even taking time off as needed from work. At the very least, we want to chat to someone who can act interested so the prep and the time is worth it. One Researcher or a Recruiter can leave a bad taste for a candidate. I hope that they can train their newer teammates better because I would hate for anyone to go through what I did.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix in September 2014.

Interview

Applied to the position online and was contacted by a coordinator. I was scheduled for an interview with a recruiter located in the Bay Area and was provided to a link that had a deck to their company's culture. There were some interview schedule mishaps, so by the time I connected with the recruiter, she seemed disinterested and fairly dismissive. During the course of the interview she did not refer to the extensive desk I was requested to become familiar with.

Interview Questions

• No questions out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Don't expect to land a job on their Talent Acquisition Team, if you don't look like you stepped out of Legally Blonde.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.