Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jan, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a phone to set up a phone interview two or three days after I applied. I was sent an email to complete which covered typing, tech knowledge, and grammer. The phone interview is more of a general Q&A about work experience and how you respond to customers. When you are speaking to the recruiter make sure to use "the STAR method" when responding to behavior based questions. I passed the first step in the process. They invited me out to an interview at the call center. Note the interview really does take 2 hours. The first part of the interview you listen to other agents on the phone. After that you pull into a meeting room and do group role playing. After that I did another interview one on one. One of the interview questions was my attendance record. When I said I was only late twice in the last year the interviewer didn't like the answer. I told him that it was because of the snow. (Keep in mind I live in Utah) he looked dumbfounded. He asked how I could have not been late. My response was leave my house earlier. He still looked very confused. After going through that process I knew I didn't have the job but I wanted to write in here for those of you who want the job. My suggestion for applicants is: Be very extrovetred and make sure to be very personable in the role play part of the interview. If you introvtred this job process probably won't be your style but make to practice before hand.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview the question was: Tell me one time you received criticism and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview then they invite you to a group interview, have you do role plays with different people. If you don't get the job, don't waste your time asking why. You'll send multiple emails only to never get a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Group interview with about 8-10 people total, they go around the room and have you role-play a random scenario, then you use a computer to role-play a Netflix call. They told me they did not offer me the job because I said "umm" too much in the interview and told me that it would be too difficult to train me because of that. They are a call center but they do not want the "scripted" call center attitude/professionalism. I feel like there is definitely favoritism there and that certain people were given an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Favorite movie/TV show, Describe a positive customer service experience when you were the customer Role-plays one not related to Netflix one related to Netflix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

I filled out a short application online. I received an email about two weeks later asking me to do some tests including, grammar, typing and technical test. You also had to do this weird thing were you had to either take a video of yourself answering some questions or have a automated voice call. Warning: if you do the automated voice, you have hardly any instructions on how to proceed and I did horribly. Somehow, I passed that part of the hiring process and was emailed for a phone interview. This was pretty standard and just be yourself. It was about 10-15 minutes and I was asked to come in for an interview. Make sure you ask what you need to bring. In my case, they told me to come dressed casual and to be 10 minutes early and to BRING TWO FORMS OF ID. I showed up and met with some other interviewees, most of which were great and full of energy. This interview lasted about two hours and here is how it went down. -The recruiter and two Netflixcs employees were in the interview. The first thing asked was what is our favorite show or movie and how to we enjoy it. -There was a small slideshow deal and then we were asked to roleplay. Basically, the recruiter made up a scenario for each individual and the individual had to act like the owner of a business while the recruiter was the customer. -After the first roleplay, we had to do a second round of roleplay questions. In this roleplay, the two Netflixcs employees would give each individual feedback and you were to implement it into the second roleplay scenario. Now, this is something I found a bit strange. Almost everyone had negative feedback but me and another person. They said I did a great job and really didn't offer much else. This roleplay was a netflix specific scenario and you had to go up on a laptop in front of everyone and "take a call". I nailed it, or so I thought. I didn't sound scripted, I sounded confident and knowledable. It was all around, a good customer experience. -After this last roleplay, we were told that they were going to step out and talk, then pull each of us out for a chat. I was one of the first few called out and I knew this was probably not a good sign. The recruiter didn't even take me in another room, she literally walked me out the door and said "we are just pulling people out and letting them know we will have a decision in a few days." Now, I understand that I may not fit the role that Netflixcs is wanting for employees. What I don't understand and what I find as an insult to my intelligence is everything that happened in the last minute after I left the room full of people. You ask us to bring two forms of ID but somehow you are now needing a few days to discuss it? Don't be a coward and just be honest with people. We are all adults and should be treated with a basic level of respect. This really told me a lot about how working at Netflixcs might be, and I don't believe I would have been a good fit with the lack of professionalism on their part that has taken place as soon as leaving the group interview. I still haven't gotten the courtesy email or phone call the recruiter said I would get when walking out the door. Good luck to anyone interview there and don't expect to get the job, even if you have always provided a positive customer experience with great energy.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie or show and how do you enjoy watching it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, and then a group interview. It turned into survivor, with people being cut after every round. The process included a computer skills test, mock phone calls, and a one on one with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of personality questions and hypothetical situations.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

First applied online. 2 days later, got an email from the recruiter, she gave me links to do different tests (1. Typing test, need at least 35wpm. 2. Grammar test, just to make sure you know how to read and speak basically. 3. Netflix help center test. Basic questions about basic technical stuff) and also a link to do a video interview type thing. It asks basic netflix related questions and you film your response. Unlimited time from when you read the question to when you respond, but your response has to be under 30s. Just relax and be calm and laidback. Netflix's major thing is that they aren't hiring for an actual call center, so dont give off a call center vibe. After that, a couple days later, the recruiter emailed me back and asked for a time id be available for a phone interview. She called me the next day and asked me normal interview questions (name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, a time you recieved feedback and implemented it, etc). Then we scheduled an in person interview. For the in person interview, I dressed very casually, like leggings and a tshirt. I got to the interview about 20 minutes early and waited for the other applicants to arrive (its a group interview). 3 other people arrived, and we all talked about our favorite movies and shows until the recruiter called us all back. The recruiter and 2 other netflix people introduce themselves and then asked us to introduce ourselves and say our favorite movie/tvshow. Then they do scenarios. The first is a non-netflix related question, the second is a netflix related question, where you use their online help center to answer. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the help center before you interview, its the same one that customers use. Throughout the interview, i stayed happy and excited. I complimented everyone else's roleplays when they asked what we thought of the scenarios. Engaged with the interviewers along with the other interviewees. The biggest thing netflix cs wants is a human experience, where you're a real human talking to other real humans. No robotic responses. At the end, they'll begin walking people out of the building one by one. The first people taken out are those who don't recieve a position. However, in my experience, i was one of the first people walked out, but i was walked into another room to be offered the position. Two others in my interview group were also hired, and we filled out our paperwork on the spot, so bring your drivers license and social security card or other 2 forms of identification in case you do get hired. Overall, stay positive, laid back, understanding, casual, make sure not to be too professional, and be a real human, not fake.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite tvshow and movie and how do you like to watch them?   1 Answer
    • Name 5 devices you can watch Netflix on. (This was on the initial application)   1 Answer
    • What was a customer service experience that you recieved that you enjoyed as the customer?   1 Answer
    • What was a good customer service experience where you were the one providing customer service?   1 Answer
    • What do these experiences have in common? What makes them stand out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Fairly Easy for someone who is not shy or nervous around people. Role Playing is a huge part. Also only apply if you have empathy and oooh do not be callcenter-y! although you are applying to work at a call center. Although I have never worked at a call center.. I was way too professional for them. So I suggest being laid back and just talk about favorite actors, movies, etc, and dress like your homeless. Which was surprising to me, but hey that's their environment...and i'm just a little jelly because if i would of gotten the job I would had loved to come in to work wearing jeans and flip flops...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

It was a different kind of interview which was good the only problem was if you didn't know someone already working there you were out of luck. You can totally tell they go by referrals not by skills. About 4 people who did great still didn't get a offer because we didn't know people working there. Also one girl who knew someone pulled out a bag of m&m s and started eating so loud still got a offer!!

Interview Questions

• It was in the form of two role plays   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

The first group interview consisted of a brief introduction of Netflix and a 10 question test using Netflix Help Desk to answer those questions. The second interview was group-based with role-play situations. I did well but was told I was too professional and was not offered the job accordingly, which is fine. I take a lot pride in my work and my appearance and I wasn't offended when I didn't receive the offer of employment. Why? Well, for starters, they seem to only hire people who don't really care about their hygiene or appearance. The very first person I saw when I walked in, was a girl who greeted us that looked liked she hadn't slept in a couple days nor cared to. She had flips flops on and I could see and smell her filthy feet the whole time she talked to us, which wasn't pleasant by any means. Then, the guy she handed us off to, who facilitated the group interview, was nice but he was chewing food during the whole interview (90 minutes) and most of it made it into his beard, not his mouth. While on the floor, I saw a few people I recognized but not in a good way. I saw one guy that got fired from my last job for snorting meth in the bathroom. That said, Netflix is NOT my ideal place to work but if you don't care what you look like, how you smell, or even if you're comfortable working with drug dealers and users, than this is probably the BEST job for you. On a slightly positive note, it was definitely the weirdest, most unorthodox interview I have ever participated in and I will never forget it. My tip: If you REALLY want the job, don't go to sleep two days prior to your interview, don't shower, on your way to the interview maybe grab a $20 crack rock from your local drug dealer and rock out and you'll most likely get an offer of employment that day. If you're not one of those people, I would just not apply because that is EXACTLY what it will be like working there.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked pertained to situations that require you to use Netflix Help Desk.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (West Valley City, UT (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Hiring was done by a third party staffing agency, which was fine. They did a presentation and screening interview at their location. If we passed the screening, they then scheduled us for a group interview at the actual NetflixCS location. The interview at NetflixCS was done in a group. We went around the table and answered questions and then we did simulated customer service scenarios. We received feedback on the first scenario that we were supposed to apply to the second scenario. After that, the interviewers went into another room and made hiring decisions. We knew on the spot if we were hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked us what our favorite TV show or movie was and how we we preferred to watch said TV show or movie.   1 Answer
    • What customer service meant to us.   1 Answer