Nelson Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Nelson

4.0

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nelson (Scarborough, ON).

Interview

My interview experience with Nelson began with a brief phone screening interview with HR. The only questions they asked me were (1) about my salary expectations and (2) "why do you want to work at Nelson?" Once I provided my answers, the screening call was done. My in-person interview was two hours long at Nelson's Scarborough office. One-hour with the same HR manager I spoke with during the screening call and another one-hour interview with the hiring manager. First interview was mostly traditional HR questions. The second interview was not very productive as it didn't seem as though the hiring manager had reviewed my CV or knew much about my work experience. I asked the majority of the questions. Because of this, a fourth interview was set-up. Over two weeks later on a Friday at 4:30pm I received my rejection email from Nelson. Very disappointing as I had called the previous morning to see if there was an update on the role as I had been made an offer with another employer. They told me they would call me the following day with “next steps”. No phone call, no feedback, no thank you - just a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had conflicting deadlines.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nelson

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nelson (Toronto, ON) in May 2016.

Interview

First, there were 2 hour long interviews. One with the hiring manager and one with the HR VP. Then I was sent 2 online assessments to complete. One was psychological and the other was like an IQ test. After a week of hearing nothing, the HR person contacted me to come in for another assessment. That assessment was to do a full strategy presentation to promote a textbook online.
    This was for a contract position so it felt a bit over the top. Then there was another hour interview with an exec and another half hour with the hiring manager and another exec.
    After nearly a week of no communication, I emailed the HR person and she finally responded a day later to tell me they'd gone with a candidate who had more the skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get to see through a project because of circumstances outside your control.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.