National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find your next job here

National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated 1 Dec, 2017

2.6

Interview

it was in the same group so not much of an interview. but usually it involves a presentation of research experience and follow up questions, the skills are important than the exact work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Questions

• One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

had two Skype Interviews. Was given a project for 3 months and based on the performance was given PhD position. Skype interviews were based on profile and previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain profile and previous projects   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Very friendly human resources staff and immensely helpful with the paperwork!
    Questions asked:
    Prior Experience
    What skills match that required by the role
    Why you want the position
    Are you willing to working with animals as it was an animal model based research role

Laboratory Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November-2017.

Interview

I applied through the NUS career portal and was called up around 3-4 weeks later for an interview. The interview was conducted by 4 interviewers. They asked questions one by one about your background, your knowledge of the job you are applying for, not really much on technical skills or questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview by my phd supervisor, talked about work plan and research tasks. Nice and friendly environment in his office. meet with the research team and presented my work. the interview is very research oriented, without asking anything about personal life and personality

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September-2017.

Interview

I applied on 27 Aug. Had the first interview on 7 Sep where I had to complete an essay question. Got called back for a second interview on 13 Sep. Interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would I would react in different scenarios   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Interview face to face, discuss problems related to the job, takes a while to respond back.
    Can get S pass or E pass
    Interviewer has good knowledge of the task
    He can quickly evaluate your skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August-2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual. There were 2 interviewers, one is the hiring Prof while another one is his research fellow. The interviewers were talkative and nice to talk with. Very simple questions were asked based on my CV and papers published. In overall the interview went well and according to them they will get back to me on the salary package by the following week. However there was no response from them since then. Emailed to them every 2 weeks but no reply too. Eventually I gave them a ring and only then they told me that the hiring on hold......
    It's so unprofessional way of follow up. They could have informed me easily by replying to my email. Couldn't find any reason of not replying any of the 3 emails I have sent.
    Definitely not a supervisor/team that I would like to work for.