Nathan James Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nathan James

Nathan James

Application

I interviewed at Nathan James

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. I appreciate that there is a work sample before even speaking with anyone on the phone or a videocall, this way I felt like I was able to prove my abilities in a more objective way. After that, there were 4 interviews. It's a long process but it made me feel like they really try to make sure you are a good fit for the role and the company and vice versa.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like most/least about your current/past job?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan James (Winnipeg, MB) in Aug 2021

Interview

Overall great process! They really dive into the way their business works in all aspects, which I think is important given the whole company is distributed and you really have to be prepared to work autonomously and plan your work. It's a long process, but you get to meet a lot of different people that you will work with directly, so it's worth it if you're serious about being hired. Some positions require you to complete an assignment - but they pay you for it, and it only took 90 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Zaragoza, Puebla

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan James (Zaragoza, Puebla) in Jul 2021

Interview

There were 4 separate interviews, 1 hour long, via video call. Each interview was over a different aspect of the company or myself, such as company values, my past working experience, or general information. I met with three different people during it all. This also included a work sample that was sent to me to respond to.

Interview Questions
  • What is your personal belief about Customer Service and it's responsibilities?

Nathan James

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nathan James

Interview

Interview setup was somewhat easy. It was a video interview through a third party app. I normally wouldn't write a review about a company or an interview but mine was bad start to finish. I was reached through LinkedIn, told to apply by a recruiter I did. And then next day email saying I'm rejected. I didn't think anything of it at first. Was a bit heart broken as someone reached out to me I never applied. A week later they reach out to me asking how come I never set up an interview I attached a screenshot and they apologized and set me up with an interview. However I was never told it was a video interview (it did say it in the email so that's on me just want others to be prepared) My actual interview was a disaster. The person interviewing me only asked me two questions regarding the actual job (one of them was management style) and gave me vague answers about the company and job overall. I was asked the same question three times that wasn't even work related and gave the same answer each time. I had to stretch the interview to 20 minutes. I have never in my life had such a terrible interview. I know the company is on the up and up and I have strong feelings they will be successful in the future but after my interview all I can say is if they treat me like a doormat on an interview what are they going to do when there's a problem and they need a scapegoat?

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nathan James (Reno, NV) in May 2021

Interview

Extensive five stage interview process, with the process not being communicated clearly from the get to. The position that Nathan James was ultimately hiring for was not the initial role in the job description and work sample.

Interview Questions
  • Five step interview process with different people, with an extensive work sample being required. The work sample takes hours to complete and requires you to provide an extremely detailed overview of what you would do in the role with limited information, and does not reflect the final role accurately.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan James (Montreal, QC) in May 2021

Interview

I got to meet four employees throughout the process, which was much appreciated. Ample time was given to complete the work sample and many time slots were given for the various interviews, which was really convenient.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nathan James

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nathan James

Interview

After applying for the position I was reached out by recruiting to have a 15 min conversation with the hiring manager. This is a discovery interview to understand if you are an immediate fit. Following the first interview, there is a work sample that is requested to be submitted, formal interview of to review resume / experiences, a deeper dive into the job skills and responsibilities with hiring manager, and lastly a final conversation to review expectations culturally.

Interview Questions
  • If someone close to you could say one thing that you do well and one thing that you should work on what would they be?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nathan James (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very thorough and very informative. Being remote they make certain you are firstly a fit and secondly capable. It starts with an initial questionnaire, followed by 4 interviews (1 with HR, 2 with your manager and another with the Head of your team) and a worked sample.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nathan James

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nathan James in Apr 2021

Interview

Very straightforward and open process, focused both on learning more about the candidate and overall fit, as well as providing information about the company and work environment to the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • What do I consider an adequate level of quality for software.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan James (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

First I got a quick interview so. I can describe my past experiences and why I want to join Nathan James. And then after a work exercise, I got into a series of interviews. In these interviews, I've been able to ask questions about how things worked in the company. I also have a culture fit interview to ensure my values align with the company. A pleasant experience, time-efficient and I got ample opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews