Nando's UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nando's UK Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr, 2018

2.1

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nando's UK.

Interview

It was a very casual process overall. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel relaxed. They were looking mainly for personality and a good team fit. It was a fun day full of team building exercises followed by a mini interview.

Interview Questions

• Group Assessment followed by short chat/personality based interview   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.co.uk and received a phone call to arrange an interview about a month later. The interview itself was fairly casual and consisted of general questions about availability and a few standard interview questions (why do you want the job etc). I was also told there would be a four hour 'trial shift' to see how well I worked in practice.

A casual interview with a short list of questions

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who says their order is too spicy for their child and that they had actually ordered a milder version?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

Handed my cv in and got asked there and then for an interview the next day, interview lasted 25 mins approx, very relaxed and chilled! Only got asked one question, which may vary between which Nando's you're applying to and how many candidates they have competing for the role. Very positive experience and was given a trial shift 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your friends would describe you as?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Phone interview- easy- simple questions about hobbies and your job

Assessment day and interview at the end - some what hard there were allot of group exercises and there the most important thing throughout the day.

Trial shift- very easy. Just asked staff what it's like to work there and then show customers to tables (standard stuff)

Final interview- this is done if your trial shift is after your assessment day and it's very rigorous, make sure your very set on a wage because they will low ball you.

The assessment day was 10-4:30 with lunch included and it's quite far away.
    Communication isn't the best after getting the job as there's a few things that still need sorting out such as uniform, online learning.

Other than that a good experience.
    You are watched all day on your assessment day and the 2 group exercises were a end of the world situation where there are 10 people but you can only save 7 and then they make it harder by throwing curveballs like "this person can't go"

Other group exercise was we were blindfolded and was given 5 shapes each and there was 30 shapes altogether and 2 were missing and we had to communicate to find out which ones were missing and then find out the colour too

They also ask about the 5 key things about the nandos value at the start of the assessment day which you can remember and incorporate into your interview at the end of the assessment day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I handed my CV directly to the assistant manger offered me the a place in the interview taking place two days later, 9am start. Around 11 people where at Nandos and then we all introduced ourselves by saying our names and a statement about ourselves that was either true or false, the others had to guess whether it was truth/false.

We were then split into 2 groups and had to design and build a product that would stop the egg from cracking when it hits the product, after dropping the egg from like 1m. Some of the Nandos buddies watched us to see out team working skills and the ability to produce something cost effective. It was actually a really fun task just amen sure you voice your ideas.

We then had to sit on spirit tables and had 15mins to rank some scenarios in the order on important and explain why they were ranked in this way.
    After the solo test, everyone had a 1:1 interview just about availability etc. - they are looking for people that will remain at Nandos for a long time and appreciate it when you show that you really want to put the effort in. They just go through a booklet of questions a couple pages long.

They then give you a trial shift for 4 hours if they are happy with how everythingn went.

As the restaurant was in Grand central and I applied for a full time position, I didn't end up getting the job because I live in Wolverhampton so if you were to have late shift, you'll end up finishing too late and will end up missing the tram/train.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your current employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • I'm a customer who just said to your my food in cold, what would you say to me?   2 Answers
    • What if something better comes along?   Answer Question

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual, however the interviewer was very disorganized. I was invited to a trial shift. The person who showed me where everything was could barely speak english (Immediate red flag). Although half way through I was told I was doing a very good job, after it was done, I had my free meal and everything seemed positive. A week passed and they didn't contact me. I sent them an email, waited a few days and had no response. I decided to phone them and despite being told I did very good they just quickly told me I was unsuccessful and hanged up on me. Would not recommend, they seemed very disorganized and incompetent at best.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

After being screened by a recruiter. I was then interviewed by a member of HR and a manager. The Strange thing was the recruiter was adamant that the organisation was very 'Agile'. Yet the person that interviewed me said that most people use the waterfall methodology, which is not true, and I should have more basic project management qualifications as my agile qualifications were irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Talk through your cv, give examples of project management you have done.   Answer Question

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

Applied online through Gumtree and Indeed. Few days after, I have received an email inviting me to an open day at one of their Nando restaurant. Easy process and easy to get an interview

Interview Questions

• The Open Day wasn't as I was expecting. Got in the restuarant and ask foe the manager. The girl gave me an application to fill and told me to wait for the manager. Filled the application and wait long for the manager. Asked some questions and availability.   Answer Question
    • Do you go to college or university?   Answer Question
    • Availability: Would you be able to work till night?   Answer Question
    • Do you have transport to get there?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and recieved and email inviting me to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there were 20 other people and we were shown a video about Nando's roots. We were then split into groups and had to build the tallest paper tower. Then there was a 5 minute 1 to 1 interview. I got a call about a trial shift 3 hours after leaving the recruitment day. I received a phone call offering me the job a week after my trial shift.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

applied and was called for a trial shift the next day got the job pretty easy but I regret applying as it's not a good company with inflexible hours of you turn up to the interview and work well without being shy you've pretty much got the job

Interview Questions

• If I had previous experience   1 Answer