Nando's UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nando's UK Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jul, 2018

2.2

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in September-2016.

Interview

Personally went into restaurant and handed CV. Lucky to have one of the supervisors there who asked me just a few personal questions on the spot, then said they'd contact me. One day after got a phone call from manager asked to come for a face-to-face interview. 2 days after the interview, got a call to be informed that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Time when a difficult situation was encountered and how did I solve it   Answer Question
    • Time when I had to work in a team to solve a task and to describe that situation   Answer Question
    • What kind of person I am   Answer Question
    • One of the greatest personal achievements so far and why   Answer Question
    • If I was able to work extra hours, evening hours and closing hours   1 Answer
    • Any booked holidays in the near future   1 Answer
    • Talk about some of your most interesting/important skills   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in January-2015.

Interview

really fun lots of people, there was a big group and everyone was really nice. they told us about the company and we asked question and had to talk a little about ourselves

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in June-2016.

Interview

very friendly asked why do you want to work here, what is your goal, very friendly setting filled in some forms requiring details such as national insurance number, previous employer, education, past work experience etc. Explained the H&S policies and went straight for an unpaid trial of 4 hours.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Saint Albans, England (UK)) in July-2015.

Interview

Went to hand in my CV, immediately got taken aside by a co-manager and went straight into it, no preparation on my part. We chatted for about 10 mins before he asked me to come in the following day for a trial shift, not even sure he was listening to my answers

Interview Questions

• Do you know where Nando's originated?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November-2014.

Interview

I phoned up my local Nando's and asked fi they had any current front of house vacancies. I was then handed over to the recruitment manager and was told they were having a recruitment day the following Sunday. It was quite hard to prepare for they day as I was just told there would be some group tasks which would help them determine whether I was right for the job. I did a lot of preparation for the interview, in hindsight too much. I prepared answers for typical interview questions and researched Nandos itself. On the recruitment day, there were 12 of us but only 3 part time positions available. We had 2 group tasks and then a solo interview. All in all we were thee for probably 3 hours. The group tasks we had to do were decide in what order we would save six people form a cave and why and then we had to made a bridge out of marshmallows and spaghetti! I would definitely say make sure that you get your opinions across and don't appear too quite but then you don't want to be the opposite. For these tasks we were divided into groups of 3 and one of the guys in my group was very over powering so I sometimes found it hard to voice my opinion however I did make sure I did. Make sure you contribute to discussions but don't over power the conversation because it doesn't come across very well. After the group task we had separate interviews an I must say it was quite easy! I only had to answer 3 questions, one was what do i think good customer service is and the other two were scenario based questions. Then I was just asked when I would be available for work.

About 4 days later I was told that I had a trail shift. It was a four hour shift and I was basically just cleaning table and asking customers if there food was ok. I also had to deal with quite a few customer queries but they only involved basic tasks such as getting takeaway bags. After my shift I had a review with one of the managers who after getting feedback from other staff members thought I had done very well! I had to fill out a review form and told that someone would be in touch soon.

A week later I got a phone call saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer complained that the plain chicken was too spicy for their child?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and recieved and email inviting me to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there were 20 other people and we were shown a video about Nando's roots. We were then split into groups and had to build the tallest paper tower. Then there was a 5 minute 1 to 1 interview. I got a call about a trial shift 3 hours after leaving the recruitment day. I received a phone call offering me the job a week after my trial shift.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton Heath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Stockton Heath, England (UK)) in June-2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com and received a phone call the next day inviting me to an interview. I went to the interview which took 5-10 mins and the interviewer told me she would contact me regarding a trial shift, but never did. Some friends, however, were invited to an unpaid trial shift and then never received any response or feedback.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in September-2016.

Interview

I went in one of the restaurants in person to leave the CV and i immediately spoke with one of the managers. It was quick and easy: mostly they explained me about the role. I immidiatly had a trial shift of four hours, after which i was informed that I had been successful. They offered me lunch.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January-2015.

Interview

Went to a recruitment day, started at 10am through till 1.30-2.00pm, at first you filled out a application form and then handed it in and got a name badge in return, Took a seat and waited. (There was also hot and cold beverages you could help yourself too)
    When everybody arrived we watched a presentation on nandos which was quite interesting to be honest! And all the staff who was there told you a little about them selves how long they'd worked there what they do etc. Most of the staff had worked there for 5-10 years which means it must be an amazing company! We then had a break and got onto our first excersise of the day, building a paper tower. We were split into groups of 8 and had 10 minutes to make a paper tower. These are important because there are staff in the room with you assessing you on how you work with others, if your shy etc and it's pretty much the deal breaker on if you get the job or not. Then there comes excersise 2 which is in your Same group you get 15 minutes to write and perform a jingle, in this particular recruitment day our jungle had to have these 5 words in "Boldon, NANDOS, Peri, Saucy & Chicken"
    They also watch how your interacting and stuff. Then you perform it in front of everybody. When everybody's jingles were over we then had our 1 on 1 interview, which wasn't like an interview at all it was more like a 5-10 minute chat, I had a really nice guy just asked me general questions like why I want to work for nandos and 3 words my friends would describe me in and 3 words my old manager would, Stuff like that. All in all a really fun laid back day but unfortunately I didn't get offered the position, I asked for feedback and it was because in the paper tower excersise they felt I took over too much, now I personally don't think I did all I said was lets get started and do this and that then I stood back and let everybody else get on with it. I would say I took over much more in the jingle but they were different assesors and loved me! So it's kinda mixed reviews. So basically I done a lot of research about the interviews cos I was so nervous and every single one said to be confident and loud and make sure your point has been put across in the group activities, Evidentaly not haha! So be confident but not too much! However the girl did say there gonna keep my cv because my interview was great and they loved me in the jingle! Which I'm happy about I suppose just really wish I could go back in time and re-do the paper tower excersise. Good luck to anyone who has a interview! Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 skills your manager would say about you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in October-2015.

Interview

My interview was relatively informal, just the manager of the store getting to know me better and seeing if i had any experience in waitressing. It was very reassuring that the interview was casual as it set the vibes for the restaurant

Interview Questions

• I was told to sell myself to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

Weigh up if you like repetitive work, if not then sorry this job is not for you!