Nando's UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nando's UK Interview Questions

Updated 15 Nov, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

Handed my cv in and got asked there and then for an interview the next day, interview lasted 25 mins approx, very relaxed and chilled! Only got asked one question, which may vary between which Nando's you're applying to and how many candidates they have competing for the role. Very positive experience and was given a trial shift 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your friends would describe you as?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I handed my CV directly to the assistant manger offered me the a place in the interview taking place two days later, 9am start. Around 11 people where at Nandos and then we all introduced ourselves by saying our names and a statement about ourselves that was either true or false, the others had to guess whether it was truth/false.

We were then split into 2 groups and had to design and build a product that would stop the egg from cracking when it hits the product, after dropping the egg from like 1m. Some of the Nandos buddies watched us to see out team working skills and the ability to produce something cost effective. It was actually a really fun task just amen sure you voice your ideas.

We then had to sit on spirit tables and had 15mins to rank some scenarios in the order on important and explain why they were ranked in this way.
    After the solo test, everyone had a 1:1 interview just about availability etc. - they are looking for people that will remain at Nandos for a long time and appreciate it when you show that you really want to put the effort in. They just go through a booklet of questions a couple pages long.

They then give you a trial shift for 4 hours if they are happy with how everythingn went.

As the restaurant was in Grand central and I applied for a full time position, I didn't end up getting the job because I live in Wolverhampton so if you were to have late shift, you'll end up finishing too late and will end up missing the tram/train.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your current employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • I'm a customer who just said to your my food in cold, what would you say to me?   2 Answers
    • What if something better comes along?   Answer Question

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual, however the interviewer was very disorganized. I was invited to a trial shift. The person who showed me where everything was could barely speak english (Immediate red flag). Although half way through I was told I was doing a very good job, after it was done, I had my free meal and everything seemed positive. A week passed and they didn't contact me. I sent them an email, waited a few days and had no response. I decided to phone them and despite being told I did very good they just quickly told me I was unsuccessful and hanged up on me. Would not recommend, they seemed very disorganized and incompetent at best.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

After being screened by a recruiter. I was then interviewed by a member of HR and a manager. The Strange thing was the recruiter was adamant that the organisation was very 'Agile'. Yet the person that interviewed me said that most people use the waterfall methodology, which is not true, and I should have more basic project management qualifications as my agile qualifications were irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Talk through your cv, give examples of project management you have done.   Answer Question

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

Applied online through Gumtree and Indeed. Few days after, I have received an email inviting me to an open day at one of their Nando restaurant. Easy process and easy to get an interview

Interview Questions

• The Open Day wasn't as I was expecting. Got in the restuarant and ask foe the manager. The girl gave me an application to fill and told me to wait for the manager. Filled the application and wait long for the manager. Asked some questions and availability.   Answer Question
    • Do you go to college or university?   Answer Question
    • Availability: Would you be able to work till night?   Answer Question
    • Do you have transport to get there?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and recieved and email inviting me to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there were 20 other people and we were shown a video about Nando's roots. We were then split into groups and had to build the tallest paper tower. Then there was a 5 minute 1 to 1 interview. I got a call about a trial shift 3 hours after leaving the recruitment day. I received a phone call offering me the job a week after my trial shift.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

applied and was called for a trial shift the next day got the job pretty easy but I regret applying as it's not a good company with inflexible hours of you turn up to the interview and work well without being shy you've pretty much got the job

Interview Questions

• If I had previous experience   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brixton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Brixton, London, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I gave someone my CV and they gave it to the manager who then called me about a week later to have a trial shift.
    My trial shift was on a busy Friday and I did great, the customers said I gave good service and told the other employees and even gave me money.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

They ask about your waiting and tills experience, goals etc. They usually offer you a 4 hour trial shift. You're usually a 1st or 2nd host, running food and tables. They just want to see whether you can do the job basically.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton Heath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Stockton Heath, England (UK)) in June-2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com and received a phone call the next day inviting me to an interview. I went to the interview which took 5-10 mins and the interviewer told me she would contact me regarding a trial shift, but never did. Some friends, however, were invited to an unpaid trial shift and then never received any response or feedback.