NEXON Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

NEXON Interview Questions

Interviews at NEXON

2.9

Interview

The first interview was with the hiring manager and COO. The second interview was with the rest of the technical team. There were 2 rounds but overall went smoothly. They were communicative throughout the entire process.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very Simple and straight forward. Just one initial phone call and after that just one onsite and quick decision!! Everyone was very nice and humble and at a couple of rounds, we ran out of time to speak.

Interview Questions

• Like most- strength and weakness   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA (US)).

Interview

2 weeks after I applied, the HR emailed me for a Korean translation test that took about 20 minutes. After another week, I received an email for an onsite interview invitation. I was interviewed by three panelists, 30 minutes each (1hr 30min total). The interview itself didn't have many curveballs except the Producer asked a lot of scenario or idea questions. Overall, everyone was very nice and professional, including the HR. HR was very courteous and she updated me throughout the whole process. I wasn't offered this position but was recommended for another position instead.

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NEXON (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

Company recruiter reached out to me with the job description.
    1. Interview over the phone with the recruiter
    2. Interview over the phone with the network managers
    3. In person interview with 4 production directors
    4. Skype interview with network managers

On on site interview I found out the position is a management position for the Irvine office while the management experience was not anywhere in the job description.
    Maybe they wanted to hire someone with a non-manager title in order to not to pay higher and put management task on the new hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any management experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON.

Interview

Translation test and an interview session with a series of interviews with the team members (Managers and copy editors). They questioned the skills, personality, job perspective, and whether or not you were enthusiastic about the job. Afterward, the recruiters from the HR discussed the details regarding the perspective employment. (Start date, perks, expected salary, etc)

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about the translation test and the reasoning behind my answers.   1 Answer
    • They asked me my weakness.   1 Answer
    • They asked me what I would do if they wiped all of my work and made a copy editor re-do them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON in March 2017.

Interview

Submit an application on the website.
    Was contacted by the awesome recruiter and asked to talk on the phone.
    Brief phone interview, very standard questions about myself. Mostly culture fit questions.
    Completed an editing/writing test.
    Was asked to do a Skype interview with the team where we went over my test.
    A few days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Q: What games have you worked on in the past? What's your favorite game?
      Standard editing questions. Standard game industry questions.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very structured, the HR person was very organized and friendly. A standard phone screening followed by an invitation to meet with a Manager and 3 Staff members. Overall it was very well planned and prepared.

Interview Questions

• General questions on work style, technical knowledge, and background. Nothing really stood out, it was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Publishing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process (for me) was unprofessional and disorganized at best. The people I spoke with, and met, were all very nice and professional in-person. However; getting them to respond to general inquiries or even getting an answer about the job status is nearly impossible.

I understand that the candidate they are most interested in will get the most amount of responses/attention, but that doesn't mean that the company should abandon professional protocol. This is especially true when the candidates travel to an on-site interview. It's common courtesy on both sides to send, at the least, a quick note detailing a job status update.

Other than that negative outlook, the interview process was pretty standard. Phone screening first, then an on-site interview. The on-site interview determines whether or not you got the job. The questions were mostly of my background/resume, and less about "Tell us your greatest weakness." Though, this may change based on who is interviewing you.

Hope this helps to the fellow Glassdoor readers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your video game background.
      2. What is the size of the company you are working in?
      3. What events are currently running on our titles?   Answer Question

Executive Director of Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a good experience from bottom to top. Recruiter was informative and responsive. They were transparent about the position, expectations, concerns with my candidacy, and perceived strengths and weaknesses.

Game Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I heard from the recruiter (who was very pleasant) a week or so after submitting my resume. I made it past that hurtle and set up a call with the hiring manager. She was rude, hostile and I think even laughed AT me once or twice. She didn't seem to feel I was qualified even thought I am but knowing that I would be working with her every day made the decision for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.