Myplanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Myplanet Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jul, 2018

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with this company for a marketing position. Staff was extremely friendly and incredibly intelligent.

For those who have made it to the 3rd round, prepare yourselves to be tested, questioned and to be meeting and speaking with other people within the company as they look for fit.

I didn't get the job but they offered me another position elsewhere because I was one of the highest ranking candidates.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct, 2015 – CEO

I appreciate your review. Glad that you have found our team for be both friendly and smart... that means we are doing something right. :)

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in March-2015.

Interview

I was put in a room with one interviewer reading questions off a sheet for 3 hours which mostly consisted of terms, definitions, and whiteboard challenges. I was told to bring my computer but I only used it for a single coding challenge at the very end and still wasn't allowed to actually use the internet. In contrast to the other interviews posted here, they asked me very little about my working style, personality, or anything not coding-challenge related. They didn't ask me about my current projects and didn't seem to have reviewed my portfolio.

I was told they would get back to me within a week. A week went by, so I emailed a "thanks for the interview" message. I got no reply. After two and a half weeks I emailed asking for a response and was emailed what looked like a generic form rejection letter with very little context. I found this at best unprofessional and at worst pretty rude. I have used this interview as an example of how not to treat potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Using javascript, write out code for a sorting algorithm.   1 Answer
    • What is functional programming?   1 Answer
    • What are closures? Give an example on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

7 Aug, 2016 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. If you have a moment to provide additional details, I would certainly like to learn more about your experience. Each of our candidates deserves a clear interview process... More

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview to discuss my fit, as well as the company at large. I was then invited for an in-person interview with three people. It was around 2 hours and was split into three sections. A Q&A period, a design synthesis exercise, and a design studio exercise. The whole process was enjoyable and comfortable. I would have accepted the position had I not been offered another role better suited for my professional interests.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate and lead your team when there is stress or conflict?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Myplanet in April-2014.

Interview

First contacted to arrange for first interview by phone. Had second interview after. Hiring manager was very professional and friendly. First contacted to arrange for first interview by phone. Had second interview after. Hiring manager was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct, 2015 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. As of 2015, we now have a limited number of people conducting each interview round, and they have pretty specific questions and look-fors. I would be interested to know... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in February-2018.

Interview

2 Stages for JavaScript full stack:

First stage is a phone interview to get to know you and JS fundamental questions.

Second stage is in person made up of white-boarding problem/JS questions, team interview, CTO interview.

Interview Questions

• What are closures?   Answer Question
    • What are promises?   Answer Question
    • Specific tech stack questions,. For example they may ask how does React and Redux work? Questions will dive deeper about the technologies if you know about them.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myplanet (Markham, ON).

Interview

Phone interview, which lead to an in person interview which included a Myers-Briggs test, and a problem solving excise. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.

Got a vague answer about not getting an offer, and after some back and forth it turned out that the Myers-Briggs test was the deciding factor.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct, 2015 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. If you were at the Markham office this must be from 2012/2013 (as we have since moved to downtown Toronto). I'm glad that our team was welcoming - that is part of the... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myplanet (London, England (UK)) in June-2014.

Interview

Begins with a casual conversation with the manager, he asks about you and why you think you'd be suitable for the job. Then you're given a script to rehearse for around 30 minutes. The manager then asks you if you have any further questions. After this you are told to pitch the products to him using the script he handed.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

7 Aug, 2016 – CEO

Thank-you for posting your review. We always love feedback, though we think you may be reviewing another company of the same name... http://www.myplanet.dk/ While we have several customers in London... More

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in February-2018.

Interview

Phone screen by Hiring Manager then a full day onsite.
    developers were not in the office et so the hiring manager did the interview he usually said he does last first. He asked a design question to design slack and a bunch of open ended question like, what do you know about testing or security and how do you speed up a website.

Then there was interview with a JS developer, asked very JS specific questions. What is hoisting, what is the difference between var and let.

3rd interview was with a CSS developer, and asked many css specific questions for example how would you organize your css files, what are media queries etc..

Last interview was with two php developers and they just asked my behavioural questions, like why Myplanet or how do you work in teams. When i asked them the same question like why have you stayed with Myplanet for 3 years I got very bad answers ( the answer was he didn't want to be there anymore in an indirect way)

(Senior) Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Discussion about a hypothetical problem(s), and then high level architecture discussion. I had already been more or less OK'd beforehand due to my unique circumstance, but we went through an onboarding interview to test the waters rather than really a full-on coding interview.

Interview Questions

Didn't offer anything near market rates for my skill level. Also, someone more or less said they wouldn't pay any overtime or offer time off, right after describing the project as aggressive in budget and timeline.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in December-2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the CEO, which lasted about 45 minutes. I was then asked to come for an in-person interview, which was with the Hiring Manager and the Head of Employee Experience. This session lasted about 1.5 hrs, and they asked questions about my previous work experience, examples of problem solving, and general fit and culture questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with ATS?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.