Myplanet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

Recruiter4%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Myplanet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

Fine process, two rounds, first was with an engineer then a frontend dev, full stack dev, HR manager and team lead. Got a lot of information on the first round here. The second round they asked a lot of obscure behavioural questions which I did not have a history of doing. They clearly wanted someone with more experience, which is fine, but then should not have make me go through a 4 hour interview. One person asked me which dish I would view myself as - imagine asking such a dumb question to a developer. The interview should have been about coding, not just random stuff.

Interview Questions
  • What dish would you describe you as (so dumb)
    Answer Question
  • How would the previous interviewers rate me
  • Lots of dumb behavioural questions which i had to make up answers as I didn't have a specific example. Seemed they wanted more experience which is fine, but then don't interview me.

Myplanet

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet

Interview

Very unorganized experience! I got reached out for an interview, I responded that I am interetesed. They didn't get back to me for two weeks, got back to me and apologized and asked if I am still interested to interview, which I did, two interviews, one being a technical hour-long interview. Haven't heard back despite my emails following up, and it has been over a month since.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2020

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process. I applied online through the careers section. I was contacted within a week to book my first 30 minute phone interview. My interviewer was thoughtful, patient, and very interested in hearing about my background. A few days after this I was asked to schedule my next round of interviews: 3 back-to-back interviews with people in different functions. We went through situational questions and a deep dive of my technical skills. Overall very pleased with the experience. I felt it was fair and really gave me the opportunity to share my experiences. They also got back to me so quickly during the process and I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. I could feel the strong employee-centric culture this organization has which was really cool! I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere for a dream job (happy me!) but A+ team Myplanet.

Interview Questions
  • Asked questions around what motivates me and what drains me.

Myplanet

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet

Interview

The person in charge of partnerships is rude, inconsiderate and has zero empathy. I had heard great things about the company and decided to apply for the role and was shocked at the utter lack of respect from the person who runs this team. I am not surprised that most of the partner team has left as no one in the right frame of mind would and should work for someone like him.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online on LinkedIn, heard back from the Recruiter to schedule a technical phone interview with the Director of Engineering. After that, went through 3 rounds of virtual on-site interviews related to HTML/CSS/Accessibility, JavaScript and Behavioural with a few current employees who have already been at the company for a couple years The recruiter was very quick in her responses throughout the entire process, the interviews went great and gave me a chance to ask more about the company from different people. This ended up making Myplanet my first choice because I was able to connect with my interviewers on a deeper level which I just haven't been able to do as well in other interviews. The only downside I see is that the JavaScript interview question was related to a specific framework, which not everyone that interviews might be familiar with. This didn't affect me though since I had a lot of experience with it already. They may want to consider giving more information about the types of questions that will be asked in the JavaScript interview so candidates would be better prepared or perhaps give candidates an interview question based on their resume (not sure how feasible this might be though, considering the volume of applicants they get) Other than that, great interview process! I can tell this company values EQ a lot which is very important in my opinion. I'm still a new recruit but I can say I can definitely say I love it here! Just be prepared to answer a few questions in the Behavioural interview that you don't normally hear.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

Got reached out after applying online. Had a phone conversation with the HR, which was casual and went great. Then I didn’t hear back from them, even though I followed up. Received an email after about 2 weeks to set a 45 min with the lead, that also I thought went great! Still haven’t heard back and it has been over 3 months. Complete silence. Very disrespectful. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Overal an ok first call. I did not pass the first round and I found the caliber of the behavioural questions lower than what I expected from a forward thinking agency which really deflated my excitement. "What would you improve about yourself", "tell me about a time ...". Felt more like I was getting interviewed by a big bank. More importantly it was communicated that there will be a feedback regardless of the result which was not the case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2019

Interview

+ Applied online, + Remote interview with Sr and Intermediate Product Strategist - direct questions on Product, How to manage engagements, team, prioritization, frameworks + In Person interview with Product Strategist Lead and Sr Product Strategist - series of 25 questions peppered based on a case presented at the start. The interviewers expect a specific ans to a broader question. Both the discussions where more one way, vs. conversational style which is the way I prefer especially for Senior Roles. At multiple times during the interview I felt like I was talking just to myself. They are a Professional Services company and coming from a similar background I found the process absurd where interviewers are writing notes in their laptop, acting more of scribe vs. interviewers. Office is beautiful and cozy! Recruitment coordinator is on top of the game to schedule interviews. Goodie bag is given to candidate, I guess that is needed after such an interview!

Interview Questions
  • What do you do to balance Quality vs. OnTime delivery in an engagement?
  • Based on the case study, what is the first step you would take? Who would you coordinate? What are you assumptions?
  • Why MyPlanet? What this role?

Myplanet

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Myplanet in Sep 2019

Interview

Interviewed by the associate director. Very unpleasant and unprofessional person. Asked a bunch of questions relating to my ability to give input without prompting. They basically want someone who can translate insights they generate into business actions. Be prepared to give examples. Did not contact me to say I had not been selected.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you offered insights to the business
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2019

Interview

I got the phone call request right after(only in a day) submitted application. (pretty fast.) I chose to interview a week later. They arrange a Director, Software Engineering to interview me.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews