Myplanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Myplanet Interview Questions

Interviews at Myplanet

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

Very unorganized experience! I got reached out for an interview, I responded that I am interetesed. They didn't get back to me for two weeks, got back to me and apologized and asked if I am still interested to interview, which I did, two interviews, one being a technical hour-long interview. Haven't heard back despite my emails following up, and it has been over a month since.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

Jan. 8, 2021 – Director, Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We apologize for your negative experience, it’s unacceptable that we didn’t get back to you. A great candidate experience is important to us, and we're disappointed that we dropped the ball. If you have any additional feedback or would like to discuss this further please reach out to talent@myplanet.com.

Tech Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in November 2020.

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process.

I applied online through the careers section. I was contacted within a week to book my first 30 minute phone interview. My interviewer was thoughtful, patient, and very interested in hearing about my background.

A few days after this I was asked to schedule my next round of interviews: 3 back-to-back interviews with people in different functions. We went through situational questions and a deep dive of my technical skills.

Overall very pleased with the experience. I felt it was fair and really gave me the opportunity to share my experiences. They also got back to me so quickly during the process and I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. I could feel the strong employee-centric culture this organization has which was really cool!

I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere for a dream job (happy me!) but A+ team Myplanet.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions around what motivates me and what drains me.   Answer Question

Partnerships Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

The person in charge of partnerships is rude, inconsiderate and has zero empathy. I had heard great things about the company and decided to apply for the role and was shocked at the utter lack of respect from the person who runs this team. I am not surprised that most of the partner team has left as no one in the right frame of mind would and should work for someone like him.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

Oct. 16, 2020 – Director, Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience; we're striving to continuously improve our process and this type of feedback helps by showing us where to place more of our focus. Although our Director of Partnerships + Growth hasn’t been actively interviewing in 2020, we can assure you that when the interview process does begin for any open roles on that team all candidates will be treated transparently and with the utmost respect. Since there seems to have been a mix-up, we invite you to reach out to us to elaborate further and share recommendations on how we can be better. You can email talent@myplanet.com directly and we'll be sure to get back to you. Thanks again and best of luck.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online on LinkedIn, heard back from the Recruiter to schedule a technical phone interview with the Director of Engineering. After that, went through 3 rounds of virtual on-site interviews related to HTML/CSS/Accessibility, JavaScript and Behavioural with a few current employees who have already been at the company for a couple years

The recruiter was very quick in her responses throughout the entire process, the interviews went great and gave me a chance to ask more about the company from different people. This ended up making Myplanet my first choice because I was able to connect with my interviewers on a deeper level which I just haven't been able to do as well in other interviews.

The only downside I see is that the JavaScript interview question was related to a specific framework, which not everyone that interviews might be familiar with. This didn't affect me though since I had a lot of experience with it already. They may want to consider giving more information about the types of questions that will be asked in the JavaScript interview so candidates would be better prepared or perhaps give candidates an interview question based on their resume (not sure how feasible this might be though, considering the volume of applicants they get)

Other than that, great interview process! I can tell this company values EQ a lot which is very important in my opinion. I'm still a new recruit but I can say I can definitely say I love it here! Just be prepared to answer a few questions in the Behavioural interview that you don't normally hear.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

Jan. 8, 2021 – Director, Culture

We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience! Thanks for your candid review.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in September 2020.

Interview

Got reached out after applying online.
    Had a phone conversation with the HR, which was casual and went great. Then I didn’t hear back from them, even though I followed up. Received an email after about 2 weeks to set a 45 min with the lead, that also I thought went great! Still haven’t heard back and it has been over 3 months. Complete silence. Very disrespectful. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

Jan. 8, 2021 – Director, Culture

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're sorry to hear about your interview experience. It’s unacceptable that we didn’t get back to you or give you closure of any sort, and that you had a negative experience because of that. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your conversations with our team, though! Once again, we apologize for your experience as there is no excuse for us not getting back to you. We will do better moving forward.

Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Overal an ok first call. I did not pass the first round and I found the caliber of the behavioural questions lower than what I expected from a forward thinking agency which really deflated my excitement. "What would you improve about yourself", "tell me about a time ...". Felt more like I was getting interviewed by a big bank. More importantly it was communicated that there will be a feedback regardless of the result which was not the case.

Senior Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

+ Applied online,
    + Remote interview with Sr and Intermediate Product Strategist - direct questions on Product, How to manage engagements, team, prioritization, frameworks
    + In Person interview with Product Strategist Lead and Sr Product Strategist - series of 25 questions peppered based on a case presented at the start. The interviewers expect a specific ans to a broader question.

Both the discussions where more one way, vs. conversational style which is the way I prefer especially for Senior Roles. At multiple times during the interview I felt like I was talking just to myself.

They are a Professional Services company and coming from a similar background I found the process absurd where interviewers are writing notes in their laptop, acting more of scribe vs. interviewers.

Office is beautiful and cozy! Recruitment coordinator is on top of the game to schedule interviews. Goodie bag is given to candidate, I guess that is needed after such an interview!

Interview Questions

• What do you do to balance Quality vs. OnTime delivery in an engagement?   Answer Question
    • Based on the case study, what is the first step you would take? Who would you coordinate? What are you assumptions?   Answer Question
    • Why MyPlanet? What this role?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Myplanet in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by the associate director. Very unpleasant and unprofessional person. Asked a bunch of questions relating to my ability to give input without prompting. They basically want someone who can translate insights they generate into business actions. Be prepared to give examples.
    Did not contact me to say I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you offered insights to the business   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

I got the phone call request right after(only in a day) submitted application. (pretty fast.) I chose to interview a week later. They arrange a Director, Software Engineering to interview me.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a staff member wanting to get to know me better for a possible job opportunity available at the company. We met a couple of times outside of the office and then I was brought in for two interviews at the company. The conversations went well, and the interviews were a positive experience. I was given a few in-person challenges on whiteboard and paper as well as a take-home test which was an 8-hour window design challenge. I was brought back in to meet staff and ask questions about their experience working for the company. I was told I wasn't a perfect fit for the role due to a lack of experience in a certain skillset. I just wish I wasn't brought through all of the hoops if going in I was open and honest about my experience in that skillet. They asked if I was open for contract work or another role in the company if it became available, I answered I was open to it but was never contacted further.

Interview Questions

• Create a problem statement and wireframe a product based on a project brief and user personas.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.