Myplanet Interaction Designer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 31 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Myplanet

Myplanet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2019

Interview

I was contacted a month or two after my initial application and asked to indicate a time for a first telephone call with one of their interaction designers. I replied immediately and scheduled a call for the following week using their online booking system, to which I quickly received a confirmation. I missed the initial call due to a problem with my phone but thankfully the interviewer, Lailee, called me back a few minutes later. The interview left a very good impression on me. Lailee framed the interview as a conversation between two designers and I felt that she really wanted to connect with me as an individual- this was a refreshing change from the HR screeners I was used to; no canned questions, very organic conversation with someone who knows the job. She did a great job of describing the role, projects, and team dynamics, and was very transparent about their hiring process (telephone interview, on-site interview, design challenge). I was contacted at the start of the following week to visit their offices for a second interview and to meet the rest of the team. Unfortunately at this point I had already accepted an offer from another company with whom I was much further along in the hiring process. Based on my experience MyPlanet seems like a great company to work for, with interesting projects, an experienced team and very good employee benefits and professional development programs.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the most complicated project you have ever worked on. Explain the methods you used and the process you went through...
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Myplanet

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet

Interview

I had an initial phone interview to discuss my fit, as well as the company at large. I was then invited for an in-person interview with three people. It was around 2 hours and was split into three sections. A Q&A period, a design synthesis exercise, and a design studio exercise. The whole process was enjoyable and comfortable. I would have accepted the position had I not been offered another role better suited for my professional interests.

Interview Questions
  • How do you motivate and lead your team when there is stress or conflict?
3 people found this interview helpful