Myplanet Front End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1 Interview Review

4.0

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

I was put in a room with one interviewer reading questions off a sheet for 3 hours which mostly consisted of terms, definitions, and whiteboard challenges. I was told to bring my computer but I only used it for a single coding challenge at the very end and still wasn't allowed to actually use the internet. In contrast to the other interviews posted here, they asked me very little about my working style, personality, or anything not coding-challenge related. They didn't ask me about my current projects and didn't seem to have reviewed my portfolio.

I was told they would get back to me within a week. A week went by, so I emailed a "thanks for the interview" message. I got no reply. After two and a half weeks I emailed asking for a response and was emailed what looked like a generic form rejection letter with very little context. I found this at best unprofessional and at worst pretty rude. I have used this interview as an example of how not to treat potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Using javascript, write out code for a sorting algorithm.   1 Answer
  • What is functional programming?   1 Answer
  • What are closures? Give an example on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

Myplanet Response

Aug. 7, 2016 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. If you have a moment to provide additional details, I would certainly like to learn more about your experience. Each of our candidates deserves a clear interview process and prompt communication. Please e-mail me jason at myplanet dot com to help me ensure that happens moving forward.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.