Mobify Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Mobify Interview Questions

Interviews at Mobify

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Starts with a standard HR phone screening, a Mobify day which includes a PM interview, then 3 project scenarios to see how you judgement and PM in certain situations and a casual get to know coffee.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in August 2019.

Interview

It's divided into two parts: a cultural interview (with human resources) and a technical interview (with developers). It took about 45 minutes and it was a video call. Technical questions are general but a depth answer is required.

Interview Questions

Interview

Overall, a very transparent and positive process! I felt valued and respected at every step of the interview cadence. The various people who interviewed me gave a great impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something went wrong. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mobify.

Interview

Standard tech engineering interview. Multiple phone screens, one with HR and another technical screen with senior engineers; followed by a day long on site interview (if things go smoothly). The tech phone screen did not involve any coding, but the on-site totally did. Be ready to walk them through your code, and design/implementation decisions. The on site interview had standard algorithm questions, with a hint of creativity. Brush up on data structures and algorithms, and anything specific to your role (i.e. w/e JS framework is hip right now, etc.).

The recruiter got back to me with decisions within less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you type something in the google and hit enter?   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in May 2018.

Interview

Four-stage interview:

1. 30-min HR phone screen with the usual questions. Was asked to install the "Botim" app for the phone conversation, but I was feeling hesitant because it did not seem like a trustworthy app. Is it even necessary?

2. 30-min technical phone screen with two engineers. Had a very pleasant conversation and enjoyed talking to them. Was asked a few questions typical of full-stack roles.

3. 2-hr onsite with three engineers. Again, a very pleasant experience with the people there. I got a quick tour of the office, and worked on an interesting question for an hour. Afterwards, I discussed my solution with the engineers. The task is open-laptop, and they don't expect a perfect answer by the time limit. I had a lot of time to ask them questions as well.

4. "Mobify Day", a final on-site for candidates who pass their first on-site. Was not able to attend this. Another company scooped me up by then, which is unfortunate because I was quite impressed with what I was seeing. Received interview feedback, which I thought was a very nice touch. Also received a follow-up email from the CTO.

---

Overall, it was one of the nicer interviews that I've had. They're very organized and really respect the applicant throughout the process.

Perhaps an area for improvement could be shorter/earlier interview cycles since they run the risk of losing good candidates to other companies. Mobify was one of the first companies I applied to, but by the third stage (21 days later), I had interviewed with and heard back from 4 other companies.

Based on my research and the on-site, I think Mobify would make a seriously good co-op experience that would set yourself up nicely for a career in full-stack development. They work with relevant and cutting-edge topics such as PWAs and AMPs. It also seems like you get a lot of (supervised) autonomy over your tasks, which is also great to hear.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual questions. Don't worry too much about it.   Answer Question

Mobify Response

Jul. 4, 2018 – People & Culture Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you had a good overall interview experience but understand that improvements can be made. We are currently in the middle of a recruitment process review and will be using your feedback as it helps us to better the experience for future candidates.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview process. Everything moved quickly and follow-ups happened when they said they were going to happen. I also really enjoyed the "Mobify Day" where you spend a few hours with the team working on a project, although a bit hard to book off if you are already working full time.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in April 2016.

Interview

This was the most thorough interview process I've ever been involved with. They started with an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then a second phone call with a manager, next an in-person interview with 3 team members, followed-up with a half day spent at the office with a series of additional meetings. We did finish with going out for beers afterwards!

The whole process was quite rigorous, a little bit stressful and their expectations were quite high. That said, everyone I met with was professional and very bright. You could feel their positive energy and excitement about working at Mobify.

Because of the overall thoroughness and time invested to get the job spent on both sides, I had a very clear idea of what it would be like working at Mobify. After I received an offer, accepting was easy, I felt very confident that we'd be a good fit.

Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant phone HR interview. Few days later a more technical phone interview with 2 engineers. Questions were not typical front-end questions, but more computer science questions. I found that very refreshing and impressive. Enjoyed it very much although I could have done better.
    Next week I was invited to an on-site interview where I had a small coding task after which I had to defend it and discuss it. Again, very pleasant and easy going although was not too happy with my performance.
    Few days later was notified that they decided to proceed with another candidate. I will most certainly be applying again.

Interview Questions

• Write a CSS Query selector function taking only into consideration tag names and using only `document.getElementsByTagName`   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone screening interview, about 30 minutes very pleasant. Moved to another phone interview, this was more technical, straightforward questions, it was 2 developers interviewing me. After that I was a take home code assignment and had 24 hours to complete it. After that I had to come into the office for a code explanation and small defence. Finally I was called to do the Mobify day. Everyone was lovely, fair, excellent culture. The person who I spent most time emailing was a delight, she always kept me in the loop and even provided me with a small lunch in a bag on my Mobify day. I sadly didnt get the offer, I am admittedly a junior fresh out of university but am happy with the process and will definitely keep looking when a more junior role opens up. Overall a great experience but kind of long and I had to close some other doors hoping to land this one.

Interview Questions

• Recreate a querySelectorAll() function without using querySelectorAll, only getElementsById/Tag/Class. Then assignment was create a simple music playlist editor.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mobify (Vancouver, BC) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and set up an HR screening four days later. The call was a few days later with general questions about my experience and behaviour questions. Thought I bombed it since I was so nervous but they sent me a design challenge and scheduled an onsite interview about two weeks after my first interview. Given that it was over Christmas the timeline was pretty fast.
    The design challenge was 24 hour at home, based on mobile ecommerce page that I designed and presented in the onsite interview. The onsite was a couple of hours first presenting my portfolio with the design manager and a senior designer and then presenting the design challenge to them and another two designers.
    Everyone was super friendly and made me feel comfortable during the process. When I got the offer I knew I was going to be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about ecommerce?
      Explain/ show us your design process and how you came your design decisions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.