Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2016.

Interview

They are looking for upbeat, energetic people. They want to know if you're good with interaction and are a people person. The interview itself was easy, I interviewed with the ASM and the SM, and was myself and smiled a lot. Talking to them about your interest in Microsoft also helps, they asked me what products, I use, and how frequently I use them. Also, ask questions about how it's like to work in the store, they like that, and they can see that you're really interested in working for them. Just be yourself, smile, and engage with them and make yourself stand out, so you will be memorable to them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Iselin, NJ (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was lengthy. It consisted of a group interview one day. Then I was invited back the next day for a one on one interview. After that I received an email offering me the position. It was pretty simple. They use a recruiting company and that is who will do your initial interview. Kind of like a screening. The second interview was with the store manager which was pretty simple. Just tell me about yourself kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you do for fun?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a microsoft recruiter. We spoke about my resume and did sort of a quick telephone interview. I then was able to get an interview with an assistant manager and then finally an interview with the GM of the microsoft store where I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What is the main objective that Microsoft is trying to accomplish by having a retail store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate pay. Starting pay is 12.50 and hour but you can receive quarterly bonuses depending on overall store performance.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick. Recruiter called twice for general questions. One interview with assistant manager, one with store manager. It was casual, but I overdressed. These interviews were held over a week time period I believe. Don't over think it. They just wanna know if you're a people person.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a long process but it wasn't so bad, I first applied and was called back for a phone interview, then I was invited in for a job fair, invited back from the job fair for an interview with a store manager from a different store and the store manager that would be running the store and that went pretty well

Interview Questions

• They asked me my definition of world class customer service?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

interview with HR then with the store manager. the questions were based around your selling skills and situation-based scenarios. the interviews are sometimes done in groups but if you have good customer service skills, that helps out a lot

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • tell me a time where you had a difficult customer   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2015.

Interview

First got the call form a recruiter, pretty basic and straight to the point. Then i was moved on to a one on one, and from there the last interview over Skype. All interview felt more like a conversation rather than a interview. Was offered the job a week later! all around a 3 week experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All product advisors start at $13.50!

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews first one was with sales manager the second was with the general manager. They were pretty cool and wanted to make sure I had prior sales experience and was tech savvy.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume to the website, got a call from a hiring manager 2 months later to come in for an interview, brought in 2 copies of my cover letter and resume. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and they gave me a call about a week later saying I was hired. They emailed me some paper work to sign electronically and started about 2 weeks later after a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you excel in a team environment or by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are some obstacles in the workplace you have experience and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5, 10+ years?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mission Viejo, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and then was offered the job, Supervisors were super nice and lay back. Had a great interview process with them. Not to hard but definitely need to be very energetic and positive for them to consider you

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? What technology sales background do you have?   Answer Question