Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

First I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in the position. I agreed to meet for an interview 1:1 and then was asked to come back for a group interview at the end of the week. They group interview was different. They asked us to perform small presentations to the group why the person on our right or left should get the job. In the end they were trying to see if you could sell or not. Go in with an open mind and feel free to add some humor into the mix.

Interview Questions

• What does flow mean to you?   1 Answer
  • If you were an animal what would you be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Questions

• No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Very detailed interview. First you go through a telephone interview, then a group interview and finally a one on one interview. The questions are very customer service based.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application. A phone interview was recorded by a 3rd party a few days later, took about an hour. Week later went to a group hiring event where they had us "sell" our fellow attendants. Next day had an individual interview with the manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Asked my favorite thing to shop for, asked how i would sell it if this item cost $150.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• you have to know how to sale   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume to the website, got a call from a hiring manager 2 months later to come in for an interview, brought in 2 copies of my cover letter and resume. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and they gave me a call about a week later saying I was hired. They emailed me some paper work to sign electronically and started about 2 weeks later after a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you excel in a team environment or by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are some obstacles in the workplace you have experience and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5, 10+ years?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had three phone interviews that took about two weeks. Offered the job on the first of the month. Flew out of state to various states for training. Came back to the state and did more training.

Interview Questions

• Favorite hobbies? What do you like about Microsoft?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tigard, OR (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

general questions. Why do you want to work at Microsoft? Why should I choose you over any other candidate. sell me this phone.< main thing is to ask for the sale, a lot of people forget. what motivates you?

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for microsoft?   1 Answer

Negotiation

make sure you ask for the sale when they ask you to sell them something.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

long but it was worth it! in the end i got the offer!! they like high spirited people!! thats is what it is all about!! keep a smile on your face and laugh a lot!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal wit a difficult co worker or customer and how did you deal with it?
      Tell me about your self?
      They might ask you to role play in the group interview and sale something or another person to them as in why should they hire them.   3 Answers

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume on careerbuilder.com and contacted me regarding a phone interview. I was asked questions such as what my favorite piece of technology is and what do I like about Microsoft, the rest of it consisted of her talking about the benefits of the job. About 2-3 weeks later I was contacted by a manager and we scheduled a 1-1 interview. The interview was very chill, we sat one bench outside of the store. I was asked a few questions regarding my prior work experience and my personal life(school,interests). The rest of the interview was about the training process and the benefits that come with the job, overall a very easy interview. As I was driving back home I received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage offered was $13.50 and I accepted that.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.