Microsoft MIcrosoft Explorer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft MIcrosoft Explorer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.7

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

30 minute in person interview, behavioral and 1-2 technical questions. if you pass the interview you move to the onsite on their campus in Washington. very basic coding knowledge required

Interview Questions

• make an airport more efficient   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

I first went to the career fair and handed my resume, then went to their tech talk in which I was able to contact the head recruiter who gave me the opportunity for a phone interview.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I initially submitted my application for the Microsoft Explorer role around August/September of 2019, and had an in-person interview at my university for first rounds in October. It was half behavioral, half technical, and I honestly think I choked on the technical part. However, I received an invitation to fly out for final rounds a month later, but my only options for dates were far off, which worried me because Explorer spots run out fast and it's better to do final rounds as early as possible. I flew out early February and interviewed on-site (pretty sure I was in the last group of interviews of the year for Explorer- yikes). I had two interviews- one PM and one technical, and for both interviews, half of the time was spent on behavioral/resume, and the other half on a question. I thought I did really well on the PM interview and alright on the SWE one (I don't want to reveal my interview questions, but I will say that when I searched up my SWE question on Leetcode, it was a Leetcode hard question- so even though I didn't think I did that well on that problem, I think they just asked me it to see how I think, not if I could solve it given the time constraint). I told them about my offer deadline for another company that was coming up and they promised to get back to me before then. They emailed me the day of the deadline letting me know that they were extending an offer to me, but the formal offer was not prepared yet, so they were just letting me know ASAP so I could deal with my other deadline. The formal offer letter arrived a couple of days later. Overall, I had a great experience- the Microsoft interviewers were hands down the nicest interviewers I've ever had, and I could tell they genuinely cared about getting to know me and sharing our work with each other. Microsoft isn't looking for the strongest coders ever for this role- they're looking for people passionate about what they're working on and who know what they are working towards in the future. I'm definitely not the best coder, but I am passionate about my work and about empowering other women in the field, and I think my expressiveness about this made the interviewers like me more and think I could be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer a development or PM role? (Of course Explorer does both, but they want to see more of what kind of person you are and where you're leaning)   Answer Question

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

Did a phone interview, very brief, only about 30 minutes and it seemed to me that the interviewer had a list of questions to go through. Mostly behavioral looking to see your passion for tech and how you think of technology. Not even asked to tell me about yourself

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

Skipped first rounds due to referral. Final round interview with two technical questions, each leetcode easy. They are very vague with their questions on purpose, so you should ask more questions.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

there was one 30 minute technical interview over the phone. They call you and then give you a technical question and then ask you random stuff about your resume. If you pass that they send you to microsoft for a real interview.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screening interview a few weeks after. Then I got admitted to final round interviews a few months later. The initial interview was mostly behavioral and kind of PM, really straightforward predictable questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product and why? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

Received phone interview after meeting campus recruiter. Basic behavioral and lots of product questions. Lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter was very kind. About 3 weeks later I was sent an email from a general Microsoft recruiting email that I was denied

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

Initial on-campus interview in Spring 2019 with a very friendly interviewer. Since this was at the end of the recruiting season for Microsoft, they could no longer accept any more candidates and so my application was pushed to consideration for start of next recruiting cycle. Heard back around start of September that based on Spring interview results, I would be moving on to final round interview in Redmond, WA. Overall, the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Question difficulty was scaled appropriately to my experience level.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application online, was contacted to set up a phone interview less than a week later. The phone interview was short and easy with mainly behavioral questions. A few days after the phone interview I was contacted to set up an in person interview in Redmond Washington. I had two in person interviews each lasting about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that takes in an integer and returns the same integer but reversed   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.