Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for Intern

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I just went through the first phone interview. The interview is behavioral and you need to be creative and prepare for those open-end question and brain teaser. The experience is nice and positive.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between two Programming language?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was called for a second interview and I did not receive an offer. I was a sophomore in college. I was flown to Bellevue and under went 4 45 minute interviews over the course of a whole day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online through Microsoft website. Got an on campus interview 2 months after. The interviewer was super nice. Begining by asking my projects I mentioned in my resume and then go into the field i'm interested in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2018.

Interview

Submitted my application online and got a call on skype for an interview. The interview was around 20 minutes long. The person called me 10 minutes late. Got a email a week later with a rejection.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hampton, VA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was done over Skype, interviewer was great and complained everything well. The interview was for Skype and their team, the interview lasted an hour. It was a coding interview online, the question consisted of basic concepts of code algorithms.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Providence, RI (US)).

Interview

After applying, I received an on-campus interview. On-campus interview: Asked questions about past projects on my resume, what Computer Science background I had, what I liked most about past projects and my personal interest.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to design an 'address book' for storing data associated with names, such as favourite ice cream flavour, phone number   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, ~30 mins (less in reality). The recruiter told me about himself then asked me to tell him about myself. After that he gave a technical problem (write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence)

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

recruiter -> first_round -> second_round -> null
    Overall the interview process was good. However, one of the interview during second round made my experience bad.
    Before the interview began, they told to use strongest language. However, when I started writing code in Python, the interviewer was "What language is this?" I continued. After some coding, interviewer asked "where are the datatypes?." I said its not declared in Python.
    Then interviewer asked me to switch to Java. OK. After I wrote my initial solution, I explained how the time complexity is O(n). The interviewer said "I don't know what big O is so lets not talk about it." K. After I made some progress, I said "the data can be represented implicitly as a tree." The interviewer said "I don't know what a tree is lets not talk about it." OK.

I wish the process is a little standardized.

Interview Questions

• Graph question but they wanted to solve it not using graph.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview for Program Manager
    A lot of behavior questions
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern

Interview Questions

• Find the Heaviest ball in 9 given balls by two times   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

One on campus screen in February. Flew me out for 4x45Minute on-site interviews at Redmond in October. We ate lunch first, then proceeded to the interview rounds. Interviewers would come out to grab us one on one.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes of resume talk/experience, 25 minutes of coding, 5 minutes of questions

2 Leetcode Mediums/Hards per interview.   1 Answer