Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was invited for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and helpful. We took around 20 minutes to discuss my interests and past projects and then he came to the coding question. I solved it but couldn't optimize on time. He then asked if I had any questions for him

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was quick. Applied at a career fair and they emailed the next day. Had the interview the next week. Interview was very relaxed and I got a correct solution to the technical question. Got an email a few weeks later saying I had not been selected for a second round interview at this time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call for 30 minutes. The interviewer had issues in contacting me so a 15 minute delay was there. She emailed me right away and i HAD THE INTERVIEWER.

Interview Questions

• They ask me several questions like:
      why microsoft?
      talk about a team project
      questions to ask interviewer   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Rochester, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at the college booth. Got a call in a couple of weeks for a 1 on 1 interview in college.
    It was my first ever interview. Was pretty nervous but the guy was really nice. The interview went easily. The guy gave some really good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you are proud of.
      Talk about a group project and your role in it.

TECHNICAL QUESTION:
      Find the max sum of consecutive integers in an array.   4 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. We had a brief discussion on my resume, and then I was asked to design a URL shortening business. The interviewer gave useful hints for thinking ahead and upon reaching an optimal solution, I was asked to code it on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Design a URL shortening business, and then code the core convert/fetch function.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

gave the resume at the job fair and got a on-campus interview two weeks later. The on-campus interview might lead to an on-site. The interview is 30 minutes, 3 behavior questions and one coding problem. Not very difficult. But the interviewee said he cannot made the decision. Still waiting for the result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Nashville, TN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very short interview. It felt like 20 minutes. The interviewer was really cool, with his demeanor it was so easy to to relax and just clearly answer his questions. It was questions about my research, and how I worked with the team.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted lists, write a function that merges them and then sorts them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a Microsoft event on campus and talked with a software engineer at the fall career fair. I contacted the recruiter about a week after asking about interviews. Instead of going through the on-campus interviews, she said I would fly out to Redmond for the on-site, final round interviews. There were three interviews; they were pretty difficult compared to my peers, but that might have been because I had more experience than most.

Interview Questions

• Implement Cron, the Linux task scheduling system.   Answer Question
    • If caching between MongoDB and Redis fails, what will happen and how should the Redis database be architectured to fix this?   Answer Question
    • Explain the difference between GET, POST, and PUT in HTTP REST APIs.   Answer Question
    • You are given an array of integers. If an index contains a positive number x, move forward x steps. If it contains a negative number y, move backward y steps. Determine if there is a loop in this array.   1 Answer
    • How would you implement a browser history tracking tool?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

First went to career fair at my university and then applied online for internship positions. Got a mail from them after few weeks for phone screen. Phone screen was easy and interviewer was nice. They mailed two weeks after phone screen asking for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Give program to count word frequency and take into account special characters   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter during a career fair. Was contacted within a week's time about setting up an on campus interview. I was surprised I wasn't asked more about behavioral questions. Was asked to "talk about myself" and what I wanted to do at Microsoft but that was it.