Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contacted me in August. Despite my replies, I did not receive word of a phone interview until November. Did not hear results of phone interview until DECEMBER. And I did send a few follow-up emails requesting to know my application status.

This year, MS has been swamped with intern interviews, over-scheduling themselves. I am very disappointed in a lack of professionalism. At this point, I assume that I will not be going to onsites even though my recruiter told me I did "very well in my phone interview". I wish there was less of a lack of transparency.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was very nice. Her phone signal was TERRIBLE so we kept breaking up (I know it wasn't on my end). Overall, it was a fun interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a computer to a child?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at career and then got an on campus interview. The whole process was nice. However they don't have onsite interview opportunity now so they cannot move me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• linked list related, very easy   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Microsoft was conducting on-campus interviews. Met with a very friendly interviewer, who teased my resume (he was an alum of my university so knew of some of my extracurriculars) and made me feel very comfortable. Two coding questions which I did on the whiteboard while speaking through my thought process with the interviewer. He was very helpful and encouraging. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that takes an attendance record (array of bools) and returns true if the student should be suspended. They should be suspended if:
      - they missed 3 or more days in a row
      - they missed 7 days total   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute talk, asked a technical question but no code, just walk through the thought process. Then just more questions on work experience. Gave a lot of time to ask questions about the company and team structure

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked on a team   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were knowledgeable about the field and asked fair questions. There were multiple stages to the interview and they were all conducted on a 1:1 basis. They tried to match employees who were suitable for your personal specialization so they can ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Excel and PivotTables   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Explorer Internship for freshman and sophomore computer science students. I had 2 phone interviews that were very low on the technical side, mostly just resume questions and a few questions about my interest in tech. Then they flew me out to Seattle for the final round and I had 3 interviews, two basic technical questions and one creative product design question.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of technology that you use?
      Now design an improved version.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about hypothetical designs of products and services. I went through a series of 4 interviews with 4 different people in one day. They also asked a lot about experiences listed on my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Technical online test. A technical skill interview which covered all parts of the internship followed by a HR interview. My HR interview was more of a stress test. Each interview is different. For example, the interviewers focussed more on talking to me than reading through my resume but this was not similar to other's interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. A company has x problem. Solve it using the Microsoft tools.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chapel Hill, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I asked another intern to refer me to Microsoft, and the one of the recruiters saw my resume and contacted me to schedule on-campus interview at Chapel Hill. The interviewer asked me questions about my resume and experiences, asked the behavioral question about describing a time when I worked with a team.

Interview Questions

See What Microsoft Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Product Advisor in Vancouver, BC

Pros: “- Getting to be the first get your hands on new technology as it is introduced to the store. - always learning something new - meeting a ton of really cool people both internal to...”“- Getting to be the first get your hands on new technology as it is introduced to the store. - always learning something new - meeting a ton of really cool people both internal to Microsoft, and customers - customer interactions can sometimes result in some really good feel-good moments as a result of helping someone overcome some barrier in their life. - learning about business pipelines and other aspects of commerce that are usually not shown to typical retail employees - A lot of the retail role is centered on giving people demos, which is a lot of fun - the team is a bunch of fun-loving fools (all of them brilliant geniuses) who you'll grow to love - benefits are great” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.