Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.6

Explore Interview

Interview

The process was very smooth and the interviewers did a great job of making me feel comfortable. The response came back in around 3 weeks, which was a bit later than expected. Overall, they made sure all interviewees were able to perform optimally.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I got a call, answered and he talked about what we were going to be doing. After that, we talked about how we are, general ice-breaking, and then the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What got you into CS?
      How would you make a phone book?
      What's your favorite tech? Why? How can it be improved?
      How would you describe a computer to a 5 year old?   1 Answer

Explore Interview

Interview

Had a first round phone interview that was approximately 30 minutes, then an on-site behavior and coding mixed interview a few months later in Redmond, Washington. The on-site consisted of two 45 minute interviews with a short break in between.

Interview Questions

• They asked some basic coding questions such as array and string manipulations.   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

2 rounds: first round and final round, first round was a phone technical interview. I didn’t get past the first interview but if you’ve taken data structures and algorithms you definitely can.

Interview Questions

• First round only asked technical questions like what’s merge sort, binary search, how would you design a pen   Answer Question

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online through Microsoft Careers and got a phone interview about a month later. Phone interview was not technical and they asked annoying curveball questions. I was invited for an onsite about 3 weeks later. I chose the January date which in retrospect was not smart; I heard that the acceptance rate is much higher for the earlier cohorts. The final round for me was all behavioural which is not normal. I got my rejection 3 weeks later. Overall, it was a good interview experience and the recruiters responded very quickly to any questions I had. The one weird thing is in the final round they said they would make their decisions today (the day of the interview) so I should expect to hear from them in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had a conflict with your team and how did you fix it?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain a computer to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview i had an okay time with it but preparation helped a lot. I’m not sure yet if I have an offer but I hope they’ll reach out soon

Explore Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen (PM questions and behavioral questions mostly, nothing technical), after which I was invited to interview on site in Redmond. There were 2 on site interviews in Redmond offices

Explorer Interview

Interview

Smooth interview process. I had a phone screen with PM-related questions. Then, flew out to an on-site for two technical interviews. Overall, a relatively easy and straightforward process. Would recommend!

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates in an array.   1 Answer

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

1 screen interview, and then 1 interview at the LA headquarters. Essentially, I had already interned there for high school internships and then just contacted my recruiter. They then screen interviewed me and then had the main one later

Explore Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Horrible experience! I only did the phone screening round but the interviewer was awful. I'm not sure why but she was in a poor mood and was reading off a list of questions sounding super bored. I would say a detailed answer to her questions and she would sit quietly and judge me, following it up with another question which made no sense because I had already explained it my response. It just showed she was not paying attention. Similarly, she kept hanging up accidentally. Overall, poor experience. I was super excited to discuss my passion for CS and she completely ruined my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a computer to a kid?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.