Microsoft Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2018.

Interview

6 entretiens en général: 1 entretien de fit, 4 entretiens techniques avec votre équipe, puis un entretien le manager de l’équipe. Il faut être préparer pour répondre aux question de Data Science et connaître des algorithmes pour pouvoir passer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

This position is data scientist and the role is to using machine learning algorithms to predict systems usage and troubleshoot systems problems for cloud applications. Overall process was fine but they focused on coding questions a lot without asking much data science modeling.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum of sub sequence in an integer list.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through career center and got a response within a week. Phone interview happened the following week. Interviewer appeared to be tired and a bit disinterested (But it may be my perception )

Interview Questions

• Of all the questions he could ask, he picked the following ones (although to be fair to the interviewer, he can ask any thing he wants since it is an interview)

I) Generate a fair coin from a biased one. II) Generate 7 integers with equal probability from a function which returns 1/0 with probability p and (1-p). These were not worded this way, but essentially this was question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most recent project. When I proceeded to describe it, he asked me several questions, including how you think you will improve your model given that you have 6 more months etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The first phone interview has two parts: the first part asks about your research experience and some detailed knowledge in machine learning when you talk about your experience; the second part is python coding.

Interview Questions

• What are the ROC curve and the meaning of sensitivity, specificity, confusion matrix   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2018.

Interview

- Recruiter reached out for hiring in Sunnyvale location
    - Scheduled a call.
    - Recruiter called and sounded bored or tired. She appeared to have no passion .
    - It didn't appear like you are interviewing a company which is changing the world .

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role and what are you looking for ?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview of 30mins for the intern position. It was a general screening for all the intern position I had applied for. The interviewer was late and the interview felt like a race. The interviewer was panicking make than me.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a senior data scientist. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my projects. Was then asked a simple probability and statistics question with 2 parts. The interviewer then sent me a link to an interactive coding page and asked me to write R codes to solve the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects and how much responsibilities you took in delivering the results.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2017.

Interview

3 interviews plus a lunch interview. Interviewers were nice. They were interested in the mathematical side of modeling, statistics, and experimentation with large-scale data. The interviewers try to figure out how you think and if you would be a good fit.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter. One round of phone technical screening, very easy statistical questions and no coding questions...not even SQL or algorithm questions. Onsite interviews after two weeks, most of the time are chatting and introduce you their work and ask you, as a data scientist, what things you help in their projects?

I agree with other reviews and am very doubtful how they can select a qualified candidate based on the easy interview questions?

Interview Questions

• How do you detect if a new observation is outlier? What is bias-variance trade off ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a human resources representative that had reached out to my department at my university. After submitting my resume I received notice that the first step in the interview process would be a timed online quiz of basic math and statistical questions. I completed the quiz and then received notice from the company that I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• How to perform a series of calculations without a calculator and your logic behind the steps.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.