Microsoft Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 18 May, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paris (France)) in May-2013.

Interview

Conférence avec via un cabinet de chasse puis passage de 4 entretiens:
Manager direct: celui qui recrute
Manager autre: équivalent du manager recrutant
N+2
pair: homologue pour voir dans quelle mesure la personnalité s'inscrirait dans l'équipe

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guaynabo, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Guaynabo, PR (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

Great interview with the controller, very friendly and proactive. The employer told me, he was looking for employees with great leadership and teamwork skills. Microsoft is very multi-cultural work environment and the employees are happy workers.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you and not the other interviewed candidates?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter. Phone interview and on person interview with recruiter. After interviewing with recruiter was pulled in to interview with hiring manager. Came onto campus. The interview is 30 mins long. Got the job the next day

Interview Questions

• How do you priority your work   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

there were 2 people interviewing for two similar positions at the same time. One of them was very intimidating. the other one was the total opposite. the intimidating person kept acting like he was the best at everything, which I later found out he was also human, and lots of mistakes were made. but I learned a lot from the interview, and the job itself.

Interview Questions

• experience, strengths, weaknesses, why Microsoft, why did you leave the previous job.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

My first project at Microsoft took 3 hours and I interviewed with 5 separate managers. It was the most exhausting interview process I've ever been through, especially since I slept about 3 hours the night before from being nervous/excited about the interview. Once I had a year under my belt it was easier to navigate the job space within Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• They were seeking very specific questions on past experience, end-to-end examples on how you tackled a problem, what was your thought process, what hiccups did you encounter and how did you overcome. Be prepared to discuss specific examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No much room for negotiation when you're a vendor or contractor since you deal with external agencies.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in June-2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. This was a contract position though a vendor. I spoke with the manager I would be reporting to as well as one of his peers. They walked through my resume and asked about some experiences I had at my previous employers. Nothing difficult or challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in February-2013.

Interview

General phone screen before on-site interview. I was told there were multiple candidates for this position but I was one of their top. After waiting 2 weeks+ I finally received an update that they were pursuing internal candidates before external.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your tasks (x, y, z)? Why do you want to work for Microsoft? Very generalized questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November-2010.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Name a project wher you were not sucessful   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negociation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April-2010.

Interview

HR contacted....walked me through a few different roles. Then contacted again after a few days to set up a phone interview. The interviewer asked about my background and explained about the position and group. He also asked me about a time when I have to push back on my manager in my earlier role. That was it. HR informed me that he was looking for a more senior person and told me that she would find another position for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to push back on your manager ?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February-2007.

Interview

Microsoft has a very thorough and intense interviewing/hiring process. You're interviewed by recruiters, managers and several team members. Essentially, if you make it past the recruiters, the primary focus is on whether you fit with the team. For some technical positions, there may be some specific technical questions, but “fit” on the team is usually more critical. You will be asked many scenario questions. Each person who interviews you will be expected to immediately fill out a review and rating of the interview. On some teams, if even one member records a negative or “no hire” rating, you will not be hired. Be prepared for a very long day.
    For the most part, those members of the company participating in the interview process are pleasant and professional. They have been carefully trained to not give away any indication of their positive or negative responses to the candidate's interview responses. They tend to avoid discussions of the culture or will make it sound much more positive and supportive than it actually is.
    Once the interview process is complete, the actual negotiation and hiring phase is fairly short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will negotiate but some managers choose not to. One of their negotiation tools is stock options in leiu of pay. Be careful. They vest at 20% per year and are based on the price at EOD on your hire date.