Microsoft Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)) in April 2012.

Interview

Entretien en plusieurs étapes pour le graduate program de Microsoft. Après un entretien préalable avec un RH, une journée constituée de plusieurs entretiens avec des managers différents, une épreuve de négociation, une restitution client et un entretien final avec son futur N+2.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

Interview

I applied via the Microsoft College recruiting website and also attended a information session which was held at my University. The first stage of the interview process was a basic on campus interview which lasted for about 30-35 minutes and consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back for the second round.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through the MACH (Microsoft Academy of College Hires) website for the Technical Account Manager position. They conducted interviews for this and the Associate Consultant position simultaneously. The first contact was an email to schedule a phone call. The phone interview went really well - the interviewer was friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview. The only specific question I remember involved being in an office with a window and trying to determine the weather outside without using the internet (the answer boiled down to - go outside/stick your hand out the window). The interviewer encouraged me to read two books: How to Move Mt. Fuji, a collection of Microsoft interview questions and The Nordstrom Way, a history of the clothing company with a strong emphasis on customer service that Microsoft tries to emulate. Protip: READ THESE BOOKS. Many of my questions during the interview phase involved some version of these mental puzzles, and one of them basically mimicked a scenario from the Nordstrom book. Other than that, they were mostly hypothetical scenario questions - how would you respond to X, if person Y said ___, how would you respond, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name as many Microsoft products as you can (surprisingly difficult if you haven't really studied the full stack). The most difficult technical question I got was: how to you prevent scammers from creating fake banking websites to steal user login information.   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

First round was basic behavioral which lasted for 30 mins. After that they called for final onsite interview.There is an informal dinner the day before interview where you get to interact with recruiters and employees working in Microsoft.There were back to back 4 interviews with a gap of 15 mins each. They do ask technical questions based on your resume. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They gave a lot of scenario based questions..some were kind of absurd.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied Online, got an email about interviewing on campus. Went through 30 minute interview with Employee on campus and was told right away I would be interviewing in either Seattle or Washington DC. Turned out my interview location was Charlotte NC. They flew me there and paid for everything and I interviewed about ~40 other people for ~20 spots. Went through 4 separate interviews where they tried to both get to know me and my skills and try to let me know what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting location but not salary.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

This is a on-campus interview. The whole process lasts about 30min. The HR person is very nice and friendly. She asked me 3 behavioral questions in total. The first one is "introducing yourself". The 2nd one is "talking about some difficulties when you are working in a team". The last one is "why Microsoft". She also talked about the final interview process and some company culture inside Microsoft

Interview Questions

• Easy interview. All the questions are very common behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made it to the final round and Now I am preparing for it.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days before a Career Conference by email asking for an interview offer at the career conference. They asked me to apply online as well to the positions they would be interviewing me for. They asked me to come as in clothes i felt comfortable and at the interview booth, the interviewer was dressed down and was really relaxed. He was a manager for the position i was interviewing for, so this served more as technical interview to see if the candidate knew their technical info. He was very thorough and put me in a lot of real life scenarios of the job to see how I would answer as well as to see my thinking process.

Interview Questions

• If you were a food, what food would you be?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chevy Chase, MD (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was at a conference after being reached out by Microsoft. Then a couple weeks later I was invited to the final days at one of they're campuses. Many interesting people to speak to. Recommend having a solid knowledge of other Microsoft products that isn't Office. But overall a positive learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer whom was upset due to they're important database being down?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chevy Chase, MD (US)).

Interview

Was invited to a 1:1 interview during a national career conference. A couple of weeks later was selected for the final round interviews which were 4 interviews back to back. Interviews weren't that hard and there were plenty of friendly Microsoft employees/recruiters giving you advice. Overall a great experience, Microsoft chooses the best candidates for the final round interviews and when you're there you can actually tell that they do by just speaking and interacting with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft?
      Tell me 3 things about you that make you stand out from the other candidates.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

- On campus career fair - dropped off resume and spoke briefly with recruiter.

- On campus interview - was contacted two weeks later to sign up for an interview on campus (my school's campus) Asked simple questions like "Why would you like to work for Microsoft", "What is your favorite Microsoft technology and why", "how do you think your skills would help you contribute as an employee at Microsoft", "Describe a time when you solved a problem using technology" --> the more you talk about microsoft, the better.

- Microsoft destination interview - Was contacted almost 3 weeks later by a travel agent explaining that I had been invited to a final round interview at Microsoft in Charlotte. 3 day trip, with one day of interviews. The night of arrival all the candidates met for dinner and a meet and greet with the program managers and all the interviewers for the next day. Candidates were split into two groups, morning and afternoon.

On the day of the interviews, limousines picked up the group of candidates from the hotel and took them to the Charlotte office. After breakfast, each candidate was interviewed by four separate people, each one asking different questions and discussing their findings with the group afterwards. After the four interviews, the candidates all had lunch, and following that, candidates were taken one by one to leave the room and find out whether they had gotten the job or not.

THEY WILL ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON YOUR RESUME so be prepared to discuss in depth and complete problems on white boards relating to your listed skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• One random question assessing thought process. Brain teaser   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Location was assigned randomly and salary was standard for all candidates.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.