Michaels Stores Customer Experience Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Aug, 2015

1.0

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Plano, TX (US)) in June-2012.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. Their questionnaire was quite long because it included a section of situational questions. It took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me and schedule an interview time. It was a group interview. There were 4 of us and our prospective future boss conducted the interview. Two days later she called me with a job offer. I asked for 24 hours to consider, and ended up accepting. Best first job ever!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March-2011.

Interview

The interview was more like a conversation - they wanted to make sure I was crafty, personable, and had the work ethic that would best benefit my store and the company. They do focus on how you present yourself, so you need to make sure that you are using good verbal and non-verbal communication skills. At Michaels, they focus on excellent customer service - so during the interview process, they want to make sure you can interact with the customers accordingly!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me the job on the spot and I accepted! I was in training in the following day!

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Riverhead, NY (US)) in August-2010.

Interview

Walked around the store with manager, all she asked me was "why I wanted to work at Michael's?" Told me my uniform and that they would call me later that week. Went back and filled out paperwork.

Negotiation

First job, didn't request pay. Was given $9.25 because I was older than 16 (most cashiers there were paid less because of their age)