Meyers Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Meyers Associates

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meyers Associates

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meyers Associates in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview, followed by a in person behavioral, with some questions centered around logic and reason. then analysis of a company based on basic financial statements, and qualitative reasoning when approaching a company

Stockbroker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meyers Associates (New York, NY (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

The manager/president asks you a few simple questions. Absolutely anyone can get a job here. As a matter of fact, it's like that with all boutique brokerage firms nowadays. Remember- they all need you more than you need them. My interview was just like the movie boiler room. Back in late 2007 a senior broker told me he made $1 million in 2006 and asked a few questions. Overall, the firm has changed since. I would not recommend trying too hard. You'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Minimal questioning, more like an introductory interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations unless you have a book of business or friends and family that are willing to hand you over some assets to manage immediately. If you have 1 million + in AUM I'm sure you can get a higher payout. If you have nothing to offer it will be a 50% payout.

Investment Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meyers Associates (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by an IB associate was primarily looking for someone to help develop pitch decks and review business prospects. Be up to date with current market trends on healthcare, tech, and social marketing

Interview Questions

• Analysis of current market trends in Healthcare   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meyers Associates (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I just had the interviews recently so they're fresh in my mind:

I was told the interview process was three parts, but I only made it to round 2. First I had a phone call and the hiring person was very casual. It was weird because he'd act very friendly and even said this is just an informal introductory phone call and then randomly ask me a complex accounting or finance question. He went on to explain that the first round was similar to the phone call, the second was more in depth questions on analysis and the third that he would "give me a company and little to no direction and see what I come back with." He didn't follow up with me, so I emailed him a few days later, thinking he was going to decline an interview, but he asked me to come in. The first round was mostly character questions- to "get to know if your personality fits in with how we're trying to shape the corporate culture." Then he asked some finance and accounting questions. Then he started asking what I know about tech, digital media and healthcare. He ended with two brain teaser questions... I didn't know a lot so, once again, I didn't expect a call back. I followed up with him, thanking him for the time and that I was eager to have a second round. A few days went by and he emailed me back for a second round. This was harder and more formal. He asked me specific questions about the industries listed above. Then gave me situational finance and accounting questions. I was pretty lost about halfway through and was guessing at pretty much everything. I haven't taken many finance and accounting classes yet- he said that they like to take sophomores and juniors, so I figured that was fine. It wasn't. I don't know how he would want people so young and expect them to know what a senior would know. He said he'd get back to me, which he didn't (not surprising if you read above). I emailed him and he didn't respond for almost a week. I emailed him one more time and he followed up within the hour saying that I wasn't a good fit for the fall and suggested I join an investment group then reapply in the spring or summer.

Interview Questions

• When would a company use an enterprise value over sales multiple?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meyers Associates (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Round 1: Phone call with associate
    Round 2: Super Day (2 Associates, 2 Analysts)
    *If you pass super day, an associate will reach out and give you a case study to complete in 3 days to one week.
    Round 3: Present case study findings to associate

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.