Meltwater Account Executive - Client Acquisition Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Meltwater Account Executive - Client Acquisition Interview Questions

Interviews at Meltwater

1 Interview Review

Account Executive - Client Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meltwater (Montreal, QC) in January 2016.

Interview

Short phone screening from a national recruiter, 5-10 minutes about quick background, why sales, why meltwater etc and a quick spiel about the company and what they do. Then longer phone interview with the managing director of the location I was applying to, 15-20 minutes more in depth about background, experiences, skills and applying those to the role. Explaining my take on the product, position and company, more about why meltwater and why the sales position. After this I was invited to a group interview at the offices in Montreal. 5 of us attended along with 5 Meltwater employees - 2 sales managers, the managing director, someone from customer retention, and the national manager. We had a presentation on the company and question period, introduced ourselves and an important experience we had that described us, then had a break to view the office, have coffee and mingle with the employees. Then we were assigned as a team to sell the board of another company on why they should purchase Meltwater's product and we presented our group pitch. We then split into 2 teams for a speed-debate. After, we pitched a passion of ours and that was about it for the group portion. A total of about 2 hours. We then waited for a call to be seen for individual interviews that were much more in-depth, included more of our history and experience, a mock pitch, and discussions about the role and workload to a board of 4 of the previous employees. They also asked about managerial experience and asked to review the other candidates you met earlier and give them a yes or no and why on hiring them. My personal interview lasted almost another 2 hours.
They were good about easing tensions from previous negative glass door reviews and even referenced them. It's a very small team so they're naturally cliquey and stay together, and they were sure to keep mentioning that the role was a ton of work.
Most of the questions are given ahead of time on a questionnaire or are mentioned here on other reviews. Overall a different process but enjoyable nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Pitch us a passion of yours
    What was a time you were knocked down and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.