Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated 29 Aug, 2015

Bilingual Product Support Specialist-Diabetes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mississauga, ON) in November-2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply via email within a few days. I was outside the country at the time so the hiring manager was nice enough to conduct a skype interview. She was impressed so she asked me to come in in person once I got back. The Questions were fairly basic, including behavioral questions and "What if" scenarios. Questions such as: Explain a situation where you were in a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it. The job demanded patience since it required dealing with diabetic customers so the recruiting manager asked me to describe a situation where a customer was agree at me and how I dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All questions were fairly basic and straight forward   Answer Question

The position was not really in my field and I got a more relevant job offer else where

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

1. Contacted by exclusive recruiter by phone 2. Continue to speak with secondary recruiter by phone 3. Phone interview with direct supervisor for position 4. Secondary phone interview 5. Meet with team in person

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It started with a word document form, then moved on to a phone interview, then the in-person interview was scheduled to take five hours. I went over on the five hours because I was having a good conversation with my now manager. They have interview question templates to ensure all candidates are treated equally during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is hysteresis, or, please explain how you would encounter the phenomenon in the lab?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

-15 minute phone interview with HR: wanted to make sure is a fit for company, asked about why want to be a part of Medtronic team, asked how know that there was a job opening, very helpful and nice -15 minute phone interview with hiring manager: asked to explain in detail about previous experiences, asked about instances where worked together with a team, asked about instance where overcame hardship or failure, asked about weakness/strength -15 minute follow up with HR: was later to reveal that would get the offer, asked about need for traveling reimbursement/to be a part of intern housing, emailed offer as soon as conversation was over

Interview Questions

• -Resume -Details about previous internships -About ability to work within a team (see above)   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

They hadn't even read my resume properly, called only probably because I applied through a reference. The manager called and in 5 mins she said she needs someone with more experience. Very clearly mentioned on my resume that I'm a Fresh Graduate. Very disappointed because I was excited about joining medtronic.

Principal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humacao, PR (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Medtronic (Humacao, PR (US)).

Interview

It was an interview with three people, one wondered where knowledge, the second person asked about the part of support to customers (manufacturing lines) and the third person was asking about what it had to do with teamwork and interpersonal relationships.

Interview Questions

• one wondered where technical knowledge, the second person asked about the part of support to customers (manufacturing lines) and the third person was asking about what it had to do with teamwork and interpersonal relationships.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The process occurred over 7 weeks. It seemed a very uncoordinated process, wherein there were 6 interviews by individuals one would imagine would be united in and coordinate the process, rather than doing individual interviews in Minnesota and Colorado by individuals in managerial positions who don't speak with one another prior to the end of the process. (Ever heard of a phone panel/personal interview process by panel?) No coordination-- for example, asked some of the same questions repeatedly in the interview process by several individuals, and seems like would likely have been a better decision in terms of efficiency and collaboration to do panel interviews so all interviewers could hear and later discuss responses, and in terms of efficiency for both the organization and the candidate. Also, in interview by the local and seemingly inexperienced and newly appointed manager, I was asked how I would accomplish her recently assigned task with a Medtronic group--without any context or preparation. Felt a bit like an ambush and it seemed she was asking for free advice rather than assessing skills. I am considering sending Medtronic a bill for services rendered. The whole process was uncoordinated, inefficient for the organization and candidate, and it doesn't seem like the Boulder manager has much of a clue about the OD or the process of talent acquisition, while perhaps her counterparts in Minnesota, (with whom I also interviewed) actually do. How sad for Medtronic and Covidien. In this experience, they appear not to be the organization they hope to portray, and I would not apply for any position with the organization again, nor advise any colleague to do so. Never again.

Interview Questions

• How should I do my job? I was assigned this task and want you to design the intervention in this interview. I will tell you how I am going to do it after you tell me how to do it. (...right.)   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Met up with a HR exec at the company and I find that the HR exec was rather skillful and professional. The interview was causal and interactive thus putting me at ease while going through my resume and experiences. The interview process was a bit long but it went smoothly and this is one of the more professional interview with a HR exec I had. Was simply a casual talk don't feel like going through a normally rigid interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Great people that are seeking people to help out with diabetes issues. They were very clear on what they were looking for and how perfect you fir the description.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for medtronic? How have you dealt with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked to schedule a ~30 min phone interview that was very friendly. They explained more about the position and asked if I had any questions. The questions were typical, mostly about my past experiences, leadership positions, and accomplishments. There weren't any technical questions at this point. The interviewer was very helpful and willing to answer questions, made it seem like she enjoys her job. Overall a pretty good experience!

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you were a leader and did you face any conflicts?   Answer Question