Cover image for McCarthy Tétrault

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

McCarthy Tétrault Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

Recruiter11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCarthy Tétrault

McCarthy Tétrault

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault in Oct 2022

Interview

Phone screening interview- HR Coordinator didnt provide information about the role, company culture or anything at all. Weirdest interview ever. Without a proper introduction, they only wanted to know how soon could I start and if I had vacation planned.

Interview Questions
  • Any upcoming vacations planned in the future?
    Answer Question

McCarthy Tétrault

Application

I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault

Interview

3 rounds, comprehensive, detailed but very by the book interviews. First with recruiter, then HR, then partners that you'd work for. The biggest takeaway is to be true to yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Got a burning question about McCarthy Tétrault? Just ask!

Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Vancouver, BC) in May 2022

Interview

I really do not understand the law firm. I received an email from the company's HR inviting me to schedule a day and time for a phone interview via her online calendar. Apparently, the email went further to inform me that once I book, a confirmation will be sent to us both via email. I booked a date and time for the phone interview. I did not receive a confirmation, therefore, I sent an email informing HR that I didn't receive a confirmation and the date and time I booked for the phone interview. HR replied the email that she did get the invite and was looking forward to speaking with me. On the day scheduled for the interview, I never received a call from HR. I sent an email to HR confirming if the phone interview is still going to hold and till date, I have not received a response from the law firm.

Interview Questions
  • HR did not attend the phone interview despite scheduling a date and time with the interviewee.

McCarthy Tétrault

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault

Interview

Met at their office in Toronto and the Interviewers asked about my background and why my skills were right for the role. Overall it was a smooth experience and accepted offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (North Toronto, ON) in Dec 2021

Interview

easy, was very thorough but im. disappointed they take so long to get back to you. The person interviewing me seemed all over the place but was easy to talk to and the exerience was pleasant

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 months. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2021

Interview

Long, 6 months, did assessment and 2 interviews, still haven't told me about my standing and refuse to email me back. Very unprofessional and misleading. Did Microsoft test that took 2 hours, had a phone interview and interview with 2 managers that lasted an hourl

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON) in Sept 2021

Interview

Interview conducted by HR and asked general straightforward questions. Then sent the test, which took 3 hrs to complete. it tested excel and Microsoft skills. The test was hard and requires advanced-level skills

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Quebec, QC) in May 2021

Interview

Interview process was straightforward usual questions but I was told I would be given a follow up regardless of whether or not I would get the job and I didnt hear back even after emailing them to ask if they have made a decision. I know places do this but it is still rude towards potential employees and disappointing experience

Interview Questions
  • why would you like to be a paralegal? what would you offer?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Montreal, QC) in May 2021

Interview

Un entretien d'introduction avec un représentant RH, puis un deuxième entretien plus spécialisé avec un membre de l'équipe, ainsi que la représentant RH, pour évaluer les compétences liées à l'emploi.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McCarthy Tétrault

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter (15 mins), followed up with interview with director (1 hour), then an assessment (case studies and personality test), and panel interview with the leads of the department (1 hour). The interview with the director were pre-determined questions, whereas the panel was more improvised and spoke mostly to the results of the case studies and personality test. Overall very smooth, recruiter kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. Was told that they would let me know of their hiring decision after I had completed the final round, and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews

McCarthy Tétrault Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at McCarthy Tétrault as 41.2% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Business Development Coordinator and Document Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Coordinator and Project Coordinator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at McCarthy Tétrault takes an average of 41.77 days when considering 18 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Receptionist had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Legal Assistant Support roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 121 days).

Common stages of the interview process at McCarthy Tétrault according to 18 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.81%