MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 15 Dec, 2017

2.7

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Interviewer never called at scheduled time - and never responded again. Totally ghosted. Completely unprofessional- if that’s how they operate and treat candidates, I’ll stay as far away from them as possible!

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Interviewer is very friendly. Questions are not fixed. The interviewer will ask questions based on your introduction and your resume. It was an on site interview. Have a good understanding of general attack methods will be a good prepare.

Compliance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in November-2017.

Interview

I️ submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. She scheduled an interview about a week later. The recruiter called almost 10 minutes late for the interview. She then rushed me and stated that we had already talked, she had my info, was sending me forward to the next step and I️ would be contacted within 7 - 10 days. I️ explained that we hadn’t talked, but she was adamant and said she had everything she needed. 2 weeks passed and I️ emailed the recruiter to check the status. A few hours later, I️ received an automated thanks but no thanks email. I️ still have no idea what happened. Based on my experience, I️ don’t think I️ would have wanted to work for this company.

Marketing Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a university portal. They got back to me in a timely manner to schedule a phone interview. The women on the phone was kurt, almost rude. It made it difficult to engage and create any sort of rapport with her. The ease of obtaining the interview and my interest in the company was overshadowed by her behavior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision without being fully informed?   Answer Question

Account Manager - Emerging Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and a member of the team, alternating questions between the two. As I've worked for the company for several years I have known the manager for some time but it was my first time meeting the team member. Runs 30-45 minutes depending on answers.

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate to be your biggest hurdle transitioning into this position?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

I thought the interview process was going very well with MassMutual. They don't believe in using the STAR method to interview you or anything technical in that way. However, they require you to take part in 4 different interviews. I had gotten to the second interview and I thought it went really well. That was until I never received a call back from MassMutual again. You would think that they would be more professional and at least call or send an email to inform me that I wasn't what they wanted instead of me sitting around and waiting for a response.

Director, Call Center Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

I had three phone and two in person interviews. They were behavioral style and general questions. I also completed a Director's assessment on-line. The employees conducting the interviews have been both professional and friendly.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Columbia, MD (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

It's phone interview. They asked few questions about my interest in this position, and my community relationship in Metro area. And they also told me something about the work in Thompson Financial Group. Then Q&A

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

There have been several instances where I have gone for a personal interview, and an instance where I applied for Call Center position. The recruiting office is a separate company that does the hiring for Mass Mutual. It is usually a recruiter emailing or calling you to set up a day and time to meet with the hiring manager for the department you applied for. I have met with a few hiring managers that SEEM friendly, but also make the interview process intimidating. I don't understand how Mass Mutual can be a company that wants you to excel but doesn't give people to opportunity to show what they are worth. Mass Mutual makes you feel very discouraged in the job seeking process. You don't feel qualified for much after your interview, and the emails they send out "although your resume is impressive we have chosen a candidate that better suits the position" What did I do wrong in the interview? Did I not answer their questions the way they wanted?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and deadlines on a time crunch?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.