Magna International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Magna International Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in January-2012.

Interview

face to face. The HR representative came and ask few questions in the beginning, then the engineering manager showed up, he was nice, he asked all kind of technical questions, interview went fine. I got an offer next day.

low salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magna International (Lansing, MI (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

Very brief and easy going. Basic questions about yourself and on the job skills. They walked me around the facility and asked if I was ready to work hands on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Novi, MI (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview was conducted. They asked simple questions regarding my resume and some basic questions to gauge my understanding of the company. I was interviewed by 3 different employees for the total of one hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

Good. Techincal Questions. Questions were mostly based on my resume. After that the interviers asked me about my projects and technical skills. Some techincal coursework based questions were also asked

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magna International (Greenville, SC (US)) in January-2016.

Interview

Time from application to interview was quick and feedback was provided at a quicker pace than other companies. Asked questions relevant to the position along with flexibility in hours possible

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magna International (Highland Park, MI (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

There are two rounds of interview. Telephonic round and one to one round. The first round was taken by HR and second round with the IT Manager. They both are so cool. They informed me the interview result within two days that I was selected and I got my offer letter very soon.

Interview Questions

• Experience in .NET, Sharepoint and few other basic questions   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magna International (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

One on site interview with hiring manager and HR specialist and offer after that. The interview was mostly around trying to understand how much I know about my work. Good package offered. But turned down due to very broad non compete clause which seemed like their standard HR practice.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle general work situations specific to the job.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magna International (Northwood, OH (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

I met with Purchasing Manager on site for about forty five minutes. I didn't get to talk much about myself or my skills. She went on and on about the great things she was doing. Then she told me she'd get back to me if I was a fit. Big waste of time for me. I'm not sure why she called me in other then maybe hit an interview quota for the day.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I knew about injection molding?   1 Answer

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (Bowling Green, KY (US)) in February-2016.

Interview

There were a lot of questions asked. I wrote everything down prior to going to the interview. It was easier that way. the interview lasted about 45 minutes and three people were in the the room with me. it was one question after another. Just be honest and truthful when you respond.

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Rockford, IL (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I've ever had! The interviewer could not hold a conversation. She asked very few questions and the questions she did ask were of little relevance to the job. More than once she would rudely interrupt me mid sentence. Her son called her not once, but twice during the interview and she answered both times!!!! The second time her son called, she put her son on speaker phone and continued to conduct the interview and talked to her son at the same time. I should have just got up and walked out the door, but I stayed and finished the interview all while this was happening.

The person interviewing me would have been my manager. No amount of money would be enough for me to work for such a person. She was rude and inconsiderate which also gives Magna a bad name. I think higher up management at the Belvidere plant really needs to look into this. I consider myself highly qualified for this position, but this experience turned me off not just for this position, but from the company in whole.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked were not relevant to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.