Magna International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Magna International Interview Questions

Updated 7 Jun, 2018

2.7

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International.

Interview

About two hours before a scheduled phone interview, I received an email from the recruiter stating that she was called into a meeting and wouldn't be available for our appointment. There was no official cancellation, yet no offer to reschedule, either. After reaching out to her two times, expressing continued interest, and offering to reschedule, I still have not received a response. This is a poor way to treat applicants to management/supervisory positions.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (Shelby Township, MI (US)) in May-2018.

Interview

The Quality Manager was 15 minutes late to the interview, When she arrived she introduced herself and then asked the HR rep to start the interview while she looked over my resume as she stated that she didn’t review it yet. It was extremely frustrating and nerve wracking for me during the interview because she also kept constantly texting while “trying” to conduct an interview with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the product is not meeting requirements,   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had and disagreement with another coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magna International (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

One on site interview with hiring manager and HR specialist and offer after that. The interview was mostly around trying to understand how much I know about my work. Good package offered. But turned down due to very broad non compete clause which seemed like their standard HR practice.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle general work situations specific to the job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Magna International (Toledo, OH (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

Very informal and extremely laid back. It was just one guy I met at the career fair so and he was very friendly. Honestly we just talked about a mutual friend we both knew and they only asked questions about my previous co-op.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piedmont, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Piedmont, SC (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few weeks was contacted by HR staff. I was then brought in to the plant and given a quick tour of the plant. I was then interviewed by 2 engineers. The whole process took around 45 minutes.

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Rockford, IL (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I've ever had! The interviewer could not hold a conversation. She asked very few questions and the questions she did ask were of little relevance to the job. More than once she would rudely interrupt me mid sentence. Her son called her not once, but twice during the interview and she answered both times!!!! The second time her son called, she put her son on speaker phone and continued to conduct the interview and talked to her son at the same time. I should have just got up and walked out the door, but I stayed and finished the interview all while this was happening.

The person interviewing me would have been my manager. No amount of money would be enough for me to work for such a person. She was rude and inconsiderate which also gives Magna a bad name. I think higher up management at the Belvidere plant really needs to look into this. I consider myself highly qualified for this position, but this experience turned me off not just for this position, but from the company in whole.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked were not relevant to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, talked with 1 manager and 1 engineer on the phone. Then got the onsite interview notice within 1 hour. Then scheduled the onsite interview within 1 week.

Warranty Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Holly, MI (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Contacted by head hunter; 2 weeks later arranged in-person interview. I was interviewed by an individual identified by the head-hunter as the "hiring manager", however this individual was apparently a "new" manager and clearly had a difficult time conducting a "flowing" interview; I was doubtful this person was truly the "hiring manager". Fortunately, a counter-part employee joined the interview half way through, and asked a few more legitimate questions pertaining to the position. Overall it was very relaxed, (almost too relaxed) and borderline unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How far away from the facility do you live?   1 Answer

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

The hiring process was laid back, I was mostly told exactly what I would be doing on the job. Packaging is a smaller field so I doubt all Intern position interviews were like this.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (Carrollton, GA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

I am going to leave out which department I interviewed for but it was not a plant floor position. It was in the front offices. I had 2 phone interviews that were within 7 days of each other, so pretty fast. It took 2 weeks before the manager got in touch with me and scheduled my first onsite. I was then called back for a second onsite (my 4th interview) 2 weeks after my first onsite. My second onsite was with the plant GM and AGM. It has now been 3 weeks since that interview and I have not heard from anyone. I have reached out to the manager twice and no one has responded. Very disappointed in the fact that no one can even say if I am still in the running or not. It would have been nice to at least get a rejection letter since this is a higher position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions in the second onsite interview.   1 Answer