Magna International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Magna International Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb, 2018

2.8

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Rockford, IL (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I've ever had! The interviewer could not hold a conversation. She asked very few questions and the questions she did ask were of little relevance to the job. More than once she would rudely interrupt me mid sentence. Her son called her not once, but twice during the interview and she answered both times!!!! The second time her son called, she put her son on speaker phone and continued to conduct the interview and talked to her son at the same time. I should have just got up and walked out the door, but I stayed and finished the interview all while this was happening.

The person interviewing me would have been my manager. No amount of money would be enough for me to work for such a person. She was rude and inconsiderate which also gives Magna a bad name. I think higher up management at the Belvidere plant really needs to look into this. I consider myself highly qualified for this position, but this experience turned me off not just for this position, but from the company in whole.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked were not relevant to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, talked with 1 manager and 1 engineer on the phone. Then got the onsite interview notice within 1 hour. Then scheduled the onsite interview within 1 week.

Warranty Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Holly, MI (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Contacted by head hunter; 2 weeks later arranged in-person interview. I was interviewed by an individual identified by the head-hunter as the "hiring manager", however this individual was apparently a "new" manager and clearly had a difficult time conducting a "flowing" interview; I was doubtful this person was truly the "hiring manager". Fortunately, a counter-part employee joined the interview half way through, and asked a few more legitimate questions pertaining to the position. Overall it was very relaxed, (almost too relaxed) and borderline unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How far away from the facility do you live?   1 Answer

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

The hiring process was laid back, I was mostly told exactly what I would be doing on the job. Packaging is a smaller field so I doubt all Intern position interviews were like this.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (Carrollton, GA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

I am going to leave out which department I interviewed for but it was not a plant floor position. It was in the front offices. I had 2 phone interviews that were within 7 days of each other, so pretty fast. It took 2 weeks before the manager got in touch with me and scheduled my first onsite. I was then called back for a second onsite (my 4th interview) 2 weeks after my first onsite. My second onsite was with the plant GM and AGM. It has now been 3 weeks since that interview and I have not heard from anyone. I have reached out to the manager twice and no one has responded. Very disappointed in the fact that no one can even say if I am still in the running or not. It would have been nice to at least get a rejection letter since this is a higher position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions in the second onsite interview.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

The process lasted for 1 hr involving 2 hiring managers,the interview started with a brief introduction about their company and till end it was fully concentrated on the technical knowledge of education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me bout yourself?
      What were your projects?
      Tell me about .inp file in ABAQUS CAE?
      What is under-relaxation factor ?
      What do you mean by Mass scaling in LSDYNA?
      How do you implement a time step?
      What are the type of dummies and injuries related to them?
      FMVSS and NHTSA norms?
      why composites are useful in overcoming crash effects on dummies?
      Can you draw SF-BM diagram for the following figure ?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Stanard interview, generic questions. I lived nearby so there wasn't a phone interview and there were two in-person interviews. If you do an online search for interview questions and you can answer those, you should do fine. At least at the subsidiary I interviewed at. They called me the day after the second interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What did you do at your last job to help them make more money?   Answer Question

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magna International (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

Talk about past internship experience, talk about leadership experience, there was a tour around the plant and the roles and responsibilities of the environmental team and the position. They then let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

Question for processes, the different stages, when you receive requirements, how to handle them, requirements analysis, tools used, roadbloacks for requirements, and customer face to face experience, explain the real situations you had in the past

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (New Hudson, MI (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Was questioned thoroughly about my capabilities, after the interview they offered me a better position better suited to my experience. They seem to want to keep good talent and use them in areas that are good. This would be at this particular division that I experienced this which is a Cosma Body Assembly which has a different atmosphere than a more corporate division.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work within the scope of your position with definitive guidelines to your job?   1 Answer