Magna International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Magna International Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2017

2.9

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Rockford, IL (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I've ever had! The interviewer could not hold a conversation. She asked very few questions and the questions she did ask were of little relevance to the job. More than once she would rudely interrupt me mid sentence. Her son called her not once, but twice during the interview and she answered both times!!!! The second time her son called, she put her son on speaker phone and continued to conduct the interview and talked to her son at the same time. I should have just got up and walked out the door, but I stayed and finished the interview all while this was happening.

The person interviewing me would have been my manager. No amount of money would be enough for me to work for such a person. She was rude and inconsiderate which also gives Magna a bad name. I think higher up management at the Belvidere plant really needs to look into this. I consider myself highly qualified for this position, but this experience turned me off not just for this position, but from the company in whole.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked were not relevant to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Warranty Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Holly, MI (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Contacted by head hunter; 2 weeks later arranged in-person interview. I was interviewed by an individual identified by the head-hunter as the "hiring manager", however this individual was apparently a "new" manager and clearly had a difficult time conducting a "flowing" interview; I was doubtful this person was truly the "hiring manager". Fortunately, a counter-part employee joined the interview half way through, and asked a few more legitimate questions pertaining to the position. Overall it was very relaxed, (almost too relaxed) and borderline unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How far away from the facility do you live?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (Carrollton, GA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

I am going to leave out which department I interviewed for but it was not a plant floor position. It was in the front offices. I had 2 phone interviews that were within 7 days of each other, so pretty fast. It took 2 weeks before the manager got in touch with me and scheduled my first onsite. I was then called back for a second onsite (my 4th interview) 2 weeks after my first onsite. My second onsite was with the plant GM and AGM. It has now been 3 weeks since that interview and I have not heard from anyone. I have reached out to the manager twice and no one has responded. Very disappointed in the fact that no one can even say if I am still in the running or not. It would have been nice to at least get a rejection letter since this is a higher position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions in the second onsite interview.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

The process lasted for 1 hr involving 2 hiring managers,the interview started with a brief introduction about their company and till end it was fully concentrated on the technical knowledge of education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me bout yourself?
      What were your projects?
      Tell me about .inp file in ABAQUS CAE?
      What is under-relaxation factor ?
      What do you mean by Mass scaling in LSDYNA?
      How do you implement a time step?
      What are the type of dummies and injuries related to them?
      FMVSS and NHTSA norms?
      why composites are useful in overcoming crash effects on dummies?
      Can you draw SF-BM diagram for the following figure ?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Stanard interview, generic questions. I lived nearby so there wasn't a phone interview and there were two in-person interviews. If you do an online search for interview questions and you can answer those, you should do fine. At least at the subsidiary I interviewed at. They called me the day after the second interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What did you do at your last job to help them make more money?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

Question for processes, the different stages, when you receive requirements, how to handle them, requirements analysis, tools used, roadbloacks for requirements, and customer face to face experience, explain the real situations you had in the past

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magna International (New Hudson, MI (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Was questioned thoroughly about my capabilities, after the interview they offered me a better position better suited to my experience. They seem to want to keep good talent and use them in areas that are good. This would be at this particular division that I experienced this which is a Cosma Body Assembly which has a different atmosphere than a more corporate division.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work within the scope of your position with definitive guidelines to your job?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magna International (Battle Creek, MI (US)) in August-2016.

Interview

They put a job posting up, but already know who they want for the job. Will give jobs to people who haven't submitted interest form. Will ask that person to submit interest form after the fact.

Interview Questions

• What do the 5s's stand for?   1 Answer

CAE Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magna International (Detroit, MI (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone and an on-site interview, with 4 company officials. Both interviews were mostly about my technical experience and management experience. The second interview also included some what-if types of questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical experience and management experience.   Answer Question

Lead Robotic Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

I actually meant to apply for an internship role at this company, but I also decided to apply to this on a whim. The company liked my resume, and thought I had graduated college, when in reality I was a student looking for an internship! It went very well, we spoke about the project that the R&D Director was working on and I provided my ideas. He asked me to create a proposal for his project, and he was very satisfied with this during the 2nd interview, upon which I got the job a few days later as an intern in the R&D department.

Interview Questions

• How would you have a robot identify a black object on a black background?   Answer Question