MNP LLP Senior Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

MNP LLP Senior Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at MNP LLP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Saskatoon, SK) in November 2012.

Interview

Human Resource staff conducts the interviews, interview questions were pretty basic, and typical, like where do you see yourself in five years, case based questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult situation and give an example?   Answer Question

Found a better opportunity

Other Interview Reviews for MNP LLP

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Edmonton, AB) in July 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions. Work Experience Question. Fairly straight forward. Nothing out of the usual. The partners wants to get a feel of what you are and do you fit in the with the culture at the firm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC) in January 2012.

Interview

behaviour questions and scenario based questions. There are also some but not too many technical questions. The whole process is very similar to other accounting firms. Nothing would come as a surprise.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC) in January 2011.

Interview

the whole process is similar to the other public accounting firms. Nothing came as a surprise. They asked behavior questions and scenario based questions. Few technical questions were asked as well but those were not hard ones.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you ran into a conflict with a team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is structured in a professional manner with the opportunity to interview with different-level managers and partners. 360 degree questions - expect more than 1 interview. Expect a delay in response time.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on MNP's website, two weeks later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two staffs from HR department. Later in the week, I had a one on one interview with the managing partner. The next day, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses? What are your greatest strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why MNP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview took over an hour. I was first interviewed by the HR manager alone for the first 30 mins and then the manager and partner came for another 30 mins. The questions were not unexpected, and mostly focused on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about your current job. Why MNP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Dartmouth, NS) in March 2018.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me because they were interested in my LinkedIn profile. They asked me to submit a resume and inquired about my interest in the position.

A week later, I was contacted by the HR regional representative who asked me more behavioural questions and went over my resume.

A week after that I was contacted by the training manager to get more details on my skills and experience. Emphasis was on my audit experience, when I was going to complete the CPA CFE, and whether or not I had lead any staff on engagements. I have neither completed the CFE nor lead juniors on engagements, which disqualified me from the position.

At the end of the week, they were going to offer me an Accounting position for 36,000 at a more senior level with a 3-month probationary period with no benefits during that time, and no RRSP pension eligibility for a year. I expressed concern about the compensation as I already work a similar position with benefits. They got back to me a week later and said they could waive the health/dental benefits probationary period, but the pension and compensation were firm.

They wanted time to touch base with my references, and in the end they decided they did not need to move forward with this offer at this time, as it wasn't the right time of year for training and they were going to re-evaluate their need for an accountant later.

Recruiters were friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• When are you writing your CFE for CPA   1 Answer
    • Have you lead any juniors on audit engagements   1 Answer
    • What percentage of time at your current employer have you spent working on audit engagements   1 Answer
    • What were the largest engagements you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • What industry experience do you have? For-profit vs. NFPO   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Markham, ON).

Interview

Referred by alumni. Received email for interview soon and scheduled up an interview a few days later. Easy going atmosphere interview with senior manager and regional leader. Received offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.