MNP LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

MNP LLP Interview Questions

Updated 29 Mar, 2018

2.6

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

In and out in under an hour. Basic questions. Nothing extensive. MNP only interviews people who know people at the firm, so get a contact within the firm who can push your resume to the top.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Dartmouth, NS) in March-2018.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me because they were interested in my LinkedIn profile. They asked me to submit a resume and inquired about my interest in the position.

A week later, I was contacted by the HR regional representative who asked me more behavioural questions and went over my resume.

A week after that I was contacted by the training manager to get more details on my skills and experience. Emphasis was on my audit experience, when I was going to complete the CPA CFE, and whether or not I had lead any staff on engagements. I have neither completed the CFE nor lead juniors on engagements, which disqualified me from the position.

At the end of the week, they were going to offer me an Accounting position for 36,000 at a more senior level with a 3-month probationary period with no benefits during that time, and no RRSP pension eligibility for a year. I expressed concern about the compensation as I already work a similar position with benefits. They got back to me a week later and said they could waive the health/dental benefits probationary period, but the pension and compensation were firm.

They wanted time to touch base with my references, and in the end they decided they did not need to move forward with this offer at this time, as it wasn't the right time of year for training and they were going to re-evaluate their need for an accountant later.

Recruiters were friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• When are you writing your CFE for CPA   1 Answer
    • Have you lead any juniors on audit engagements   1 Answer
    • What percentage of time at your current employer have you spent working on audit engagements   1 Answer
    • What were the largest engagements you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • What industry experience do you have? For-profit vs. NFPO   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Victoria, BC) in December-2017.

Interview

Submitted resume; contacted principal via LinkedIn; contacted HR director via LinkedIn. Got referred to HR Director and scheduled a phone interview with the HR director, which lasted about 1/2 hr.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide an oversight of my background, and how it fits with the job.   1 Answer
    • They asked for my salary expectations.   1 Answer

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON) in December-2017.

Interview

HR called just to speak briefly, asked a few questions about myself and why I wanted to work at MNP and set up an interview. Second Interview was with an HR Coordinator, we discussed my resume, my how far into the CPA process I was and basic behavioural questions.

CPA Articling Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON).

Interview

MNP places a lot of weight on their networking events. You need to connect with as many MNP people as you can at multiple events to increase your chances of getting an interview. Get to know the HR recruiter too!!! After applying online I got a call for an interview a week later. I was attending school out of town so my first interview was through Skype. They asked standard behavioural and get to know me-type questions. A partner and HR recruiter conducted the interview. MNP’s “second interview” is a social mixer.... it’s casual and there’s no pressure. Just be friendly and not weird.

Articling Student - Audit Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Hamilton, ON).

Interview

Was interviewed through my school and was only scheduled for 30 minutes. Overall it was a positive experience, very friendly and professional. Really just looking for buzz words, try and tie as many skills into each behaviour question even if it seems they are only fishing for one.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

The interview took over an hour. I was first interviewed by the HR manager alone for the first 30 mins and then the manager and partner came for another 30 mins. The questions were not unexpected, and mostly focused on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about your current job. Why MNP?   Answer Question

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Mississauga, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

Apply online and receive the interview invitation after a week. HR and one manager. Very friendly interview. All behavioral questions. Just google the MNP interview and you can find almost every question. Not a very hard one.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself why MNP how do you maintain a good business relationship one time go beyond duty hard coworker solve a tough problem   Answer Question

CPA Articling Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Hamilton, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

There was one interview. I was interviewed by two people. One of them was the recruitment manager and the other was an Accountant. They were very friendly. The interview was purely behaviour question based. There was nothing technical

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult project and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Are there any other skills you have that we haven’t talked about that you think we should know, that will help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How would you get to work?   1 Answer
    • Why MNP?   Answer Question

CPA Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Winnipeg, MB) in September-2017.

Interview

-Interview on campus with 2 recruiters was very relaxed and mostly just chatting. They wanted me to ask them lots of questions

-Second interview at the office with two partners was again, mostly just chatting. They didn't ask me any specific questions