MDA Junior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 83 interviews

Campus Recruiting17%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC) in Oct 2018

Interview

Started out with a basic phone interview. Was invited for an interview the next week. It consisted of 3 people asking questions, mostly about past experience, schooling, and some skills testing.

Interview Questions
  • Describe/explain one of your past projects.
    1 Answer
  • Write a factorial function (both recursive and iterative)
  • Count the number of bits that are set to '1' in an int, using bitwise operators.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2018

Interview

Got a phone call by Hr, then scheduled a face to face interview. 3 interviewers in total, all of them are nice and friendly. Questions are pretty straight forward,no tricks. Sadly didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MDA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MDA

Interview

It was pretty relaxed; only discussed the previous projects I worked on (both academic and personal). They also asked if I had any knowledge or interest about the space industry in general.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about how you implemented the security authorization in your last project.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC)

Interview

Overall, this was a very upsetting and unprofessional experience. After a phone screening with HR, they invited me for an in-house interview which lasted 3 hours. I had a panel of 3 interviewers. They will analyze your basic understanding of C++ or Java. They ask about your projects and question the choices you made in them. I typically have no problem with this. However, the panel of interviewers were very unprofessional. When I asked what were some improvements they could suggest the answer one of the panelists gave me was "It's too late now".

Interview Questions
  • Given object oriented code: what are some issues/ problems / improvements you can find in this?
  • I was shown a function declaration and ask how I would test it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC) in Apr 2016

Interview

onsite interview for 1 and half hours, the first hour is with technical ppl and half an hour with HR. When i got in, the was sitting in the lobby, and waited for 10 minutes, and then i was called in and the ppl there are very friendly, basically you have know you projects not he resume and talk about it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDA (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2016

Interview

It took 1 hour and 15 mins overall. In the first part I was interviewed by two technical persons from the team i would be working with. They mostly asked stuff on my resume, and also basic concepts of specific languages. The second part was with the HR, and took only 15 mins. Keep asking things off the resume and normal behavioral questions. The HR was really nice. The atmosphere encouraged you to say more. They did not accept me. The reason was I did not pass the security clearance, which requires candidates not having stayed outside Canada over six months in the past five years, while I just came here for study.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

MDA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDA

Interview

Had my resume reviewed and a short interview with HR personnel. Was asked to disclose if i was interviewing with other companies and told if I was I would not be considered for this job. Interview structure was ordered as follows. - Talk about your projects and experience, starting from today and working backwards - Linux knowledge wasn't particularly stressed in the posting but was asked basic linux questions - Discuss design concepts and strategies used in previous projects. - No previous work experience is fine so long as you have projects to talk about from school or on your own. Interview with the engineering row / group leader. This is to attempt to find out if you would be a good fit for the company. Questions can be seen below.

Interview Questions
  • - Will ask you about your projects - Will ask you about previous work experience, including in unrelated fields. - Will ask you about your long-term goals in the company. They are looking for people who want to challenge themselves, improve their abilities and will stick around for a couple years. - Will ask you about previous leadership experience. will want specifics here (project background, how you led, the result) - Expect a series of simple questions around C/C++. very basic heap / stack questions. May have questions on C++14 only material but getting these right are not particularly critical - May ask questions specific to your background as well.
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC)

Interview

Three senior engineers interviewed me. One hour technical interview and half an hour HR interview. Asked about my courses, school projects, and work experience. Then they gave a piece of paper with 5 questions, all related to programming. Needed to know some java.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between a stack and a heap

MDA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MDA

Interview

Skype interview with the engineering team, followed by an interview with the engineering manager and then an HR advisor. First thing I noticed was how poor the quality is. Given that they deal with satellite communication and so on, you'd imagine they'd at least have a good video conference call set up.. The interview questions were normal, stuff about Java and software development in general. The thing is, it felt like it was like an oral exam you'd have at a university... they had a paper of questions, they asked one question at a time and wrote feedback.. with not much interaction on their side, and it felt like they were rushing to just finish. What really annoyed me is that they asked for references from the first interview, and then didn't get an offer. A tip to HR, you don't ask for references until you hear back from the engineering team... Negative experience. Not sure how's it like to work at MDA, I even asked this question and I didn't get a very clear answer, but I've heard they've had a lot of people leaving just after gaining some experience.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MDA (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2015

Interview

15 minute HR interview with standard HR questions ("Why do you want to work at MDA?" "I notice your resume says x, can you give an example?" "Do you have any questions for me?". I passed this round and went on to a series of three 45-minute interviews with different teams at MDA, all evaluating me for their own projects. This is where all the technical questions came up.

Interview Questions
  • Technical interviewers combed through all the details of my resume and got me to talk about everything. There was a C++ bug hunt and small algorithm challenge. There were lots of point blank technical questions about databases, various C++ data structures, stuff like that. Overall it was challenging but I felt they took it easy on me because the position is intended for people fresh out of school.
3 people found this interview helpful