Lowes Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lowes Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowes Canada

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowes Canada.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, online Excel test, in person interview with 2 managers, and a 2nd in person interview with the director. After they made an offer, they run background and reference checks before they lift the conditions.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were all pretty standard, e.g. strengths, weaknesses, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then did a 15 minute survey to test on customer service scenarios and personality traits and then a Phone interview on availability and long term career goals then in person interview which was essentially competence and customer service based scenario questions

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • tell me a time when you an a co-worker had a disagreement?   Answer Question
    • What positive traits can you take from past experience to add value to the role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you provided a high quality customer that made a customers day, and how?   Answer Question

Plumbing Pro Interview

Interview

Asked about customer service skills and skills for department (plumbing). Asked about what kind of culture I would contribute to. Spoke with HR Manager and Store Manager. I tried to bargain for higher wages or first day benefits but it seems they had not too much freedom on those fronts. This only served to delay the start date.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture will you bring to this position   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward. Initially, you are interviewed by an HR Manager. Then, after his positive impression of you, he schedules an interview with the Assistant Store Manager. You are then interviewed in turn by two Assistant Store Managers. The interview with each of them is pretty short, about 10 minutes. They want to know about your experience and about why you are willing to work at Lowe's. They also want to know about what you about Lowe's and about the

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your experience and goals   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Hamilton, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to the Job fair applying for Department Manager.I had registered my name and advised them accordingly,after avcouple of minutes a manager approached to interview me ,went with him to inform me that their vacancies are part time seasonal,I answered him that I have come for the department manager ,then he transferred me to another concerned manager. after he had conducted the interview,I asked anything else is required and when shall I hear from you? he answered ''in 7 to 10 days we'll reply to you ,this was your interview ,you do not need something else to do''.
    After 2 days I sent a thank you email to the HR attaching even my resume ,followed up after 12 days to hear the HR saying'' I do not have you on the follow up nor do I have your application''. after 3 emails with no apology or rectification she insisted to'' apply online ,take the assessment and if I pass they will call me for an interview'' take into consideration that the position was filled.
    This antipathy irresponsible business with total misinformation and misleading coming from higher management with lack of professionalism,had cost me the job and the stress of waiting.
    I wish to mention the employees name but my reputation deters.
    I shall never consider Lowes neither as a customer nor as an employee.
    (Glassdor prevents the title of the managers to be mentioned).

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would like to see in your department?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Etobicoke, ON) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited over the phone to meet with the hiring manager from the store's human resource department. I was then interviewed by the hiring manager who felt that I "would get bored" as a cashier and referred my application to another manager in order to be interviewed for a position as a customer service associate. I was interviewed by that manager and given a tour of the store. Questions asked were fairly standard.

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON) in December 2016.

Interview

Average interview questions. Typical HR requirements. Review past and present projects. Discussed future of the role that had yet to be established and determined what was needed in order to make the role successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON) in October 2016.

Interview

The application with cover letter and resume is very easy and straight forward to complete plus it goes direct to the hiring manager rather than getting lost in a massive HR dept.

My interview was very well structured with both interviewers asking succinct and pre-determined questions and also asking probing questions where they needed clarification.

An opportunity was given at the end to ask questions about the organisation and the answers received were open and in-depth.

Interview Questions

• Identifying current or relevant transferable experience seemed to be the emphasis of the interview.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON) in September 2016.

Interview

It was quick and efficient - submitted resume (through an internal referral), then they reached about regarding an HR screening call. This was followed by two in-person interviews, one with two managers, and one with a director and another manager. All of this happened within 3 weeks, and my assigned HR rep kept me in the loop the entire time. Well done, Lowe's!

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions, behavioral and experience based questions, etc.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Calgary, AB) in August 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair. I was interviewed by the Store Front end manager. The position available was for peak cashier. The interview was in a small room and it was informal.The timings of the peak cashier was explained as peak hours but the specific hours were not mentioned so I was still confused about the peak hours. I was told that no benefits are associated with peak position and there was no certainty when I could get benefits if I opted for the position. Most of the questions asked were - What is your availability? Have you helped a customer? Have you visited a Lowe's store? What are your salary expectations?
    The front end manager mentioned that few things that are discouraged in the store are: no gossiping about co-workers, frequent time-offs, too many sick leaves in a month. Also I had to be available to work 3 nights every week.
    I was invited to the next round to be interviewed by store manager. I was surprised that there are 2 rounds of interview for a part time peak cahier position. I called and declined to appear for the next round as they were not offering benefits which was my main motivation to pursue this position. I had mentioned about the benefits requirement to the HR manager in the career fair yet I was called for an interview for a position with no benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Lowe's?   2 Answers