LoveToKnow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

LoveToKnow Interview Questions

Interviews at LoveToKnow

2.3

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LoveToKnow.

Interview

One of the worst interviewers I have ever met.

To begin with, I was expecting at least a "hello, how are you?" but not even close.
    The interviewer started immediately shooting direct questions, taking notes while I was answering and then was moving to the next question. His manners and his way made the interview feel like an interrogation. I felt like he was having a very bad day and I was paying for it. I have no idea if this a interviewing method (as I read here in other reviews) but if it is, I find it pretty pathetic. I started asking questions in order to try to understand a bit better the business, the position, etc, and he seemed like I was wasting his time. I would never collaborate with a person that provokes me this kind of feelings even if I would be paid a fortune. I am very sorry for the people that work there and have to face this situation everyday.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions,.. tell me about you, your strengths and weaknesses, etc   Answer Question

UI-UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LoveToKnow in February 2018.

Interview

Asked me to do a quick phone interview, then asked to have a second interview with the PM.
    Then they wanted me to do a third interview but had me on hold for a week with no date confirmation until they discarded me without doing the last interview.

User Experience Researcher/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LoveToKnow (Barcelona (Spain)) in December 2018.

Interview

First I had a Google Hangouts interview with a secretary/assistant who in the same time was responsible for all the communications between me and the company. The interview went smooth although I was the only one with video switched on (not a big issue).

Next step was with one of the 2 CEO's (David). The interview was pretty constructive and I had to explain my UX knowledge a little bit deeper as well as he explained me how they work and who they are. Shortly after David sent me an a little task. One question was to analyse how would I approach and analyse an issue if there is a sudden revenue drop. 2nd question was about developing a new idea that would fit their current products. Total took around 2 to 3 hours.

Next interview was with a CTO/Scrum master in house. This was more like a conversational interview to find out more about my personality and see if I am accepting their terms and flexible enough to fit not only in their team but also in the whole process. The interview was constructive with a positive outcome although we spoke for 2 hours.

Step no.4 was with the main CEO Howard also in house. Just before the interview david explained me that they are updating company's focus and my position would be taking care of the current products and improving them instead applying the UX research and development of new ideas and projects what initially was the attracting me to this position. I said it's ok for now but when the company comes back to the initial idea I would like to take care of this side of things as stated on the job offer. Next I had interview with Howard and this interview also was good. He gave me a signed book and said good-bye on a positive tone.

I got out and was pretty sure that the job is nearly in my pocket. Everybody were nice and had a good connection with all of them.

However, the step no.5 included to meet the team. UX designer, UI designer and a PO. I got in early in the morning some people had the morning rush and the office was empty. Literally there were no developers in the office which I found a bit strange. But who knows, maybe they want to interview candidates the whole day and they don't want to be disturbed so they work remotely. So I sat by the table and the UI designer started with very direct questions with egocentric and concerned attitude when analysing my previous projects. I must admit that I didn't expect this kind of attitude at the beginning but after seeing her contradicting in her analysis I thought that she is just very emotional or doesn't have enough experience to speak to people and discuss design solutions. UX designer and PO were more laid back and I had a positive connection with them. They also asked me some direct questions but they didn't have any bias in them. UI designer tried to jump in and take my word away from time to time.

Well, only later I found out about an interviewing technique called "stress interviews". Was this a stress interview? Was it good executed? Is this kind of interview respecting a person? Is it ethical? Why would anybody have a stress interview for an UX designer's position? Is the job or atmosphere that stressful there? Is the C-level bullying their employees? Or maybe did they get rid of me in a bad way because I asked for a salary above Barcelona's average? Did they just want to gather new ideas for their current products?

- These are the questions I have after the whole process and time invested and the questions are still unanswered.

I asked for a feedback twice now. The first time the assistant answered that she hasn't got the feedback yet. Then I wrote in one week and got a reply that they want to interview more people and David will get back to me the next month. I am not really believing in this. Why? There is a new job offer online from them with the same old initial UX Researcher/UX Designer positions to develop and validate new business ideas. Watch out people, hopefully they are not simply gathering new ideas for their products and mistreating applicants..

TBH not sure what to think, it all seems a "little bit" hectic and badly communicated.

Interview Questions

• - How do you decide which features should be developed next?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.