Los Angeles Metro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Los Angeles Metro Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles Metro

2.8

Senior Sw Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Reston, VA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

phone interview discuss past projects skill sets tools no c questions asked . Some discrepancy between what was on req and what they were looking for. Did not really have position for my experience level

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro.

Interview

It took awhile for them to get back to me, but once I heard back the interview process was fairly straightforward. Once I got to Metro, I interviewed with the two people that were primarily in charge of the department I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a stressful situation in the workplace and how you were able to address the stressful circumstance?   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I submitted my resume and the writing samples they requested. Two months later I got a phone call asking if I was available for an in-person interview in two days. Luckily I was. I asked whom I'd be interviewing with, and how much time to set aside for the interview, but the person on the phone said she didn't have that information. When I arrived at Metro I checked in at security and waited until 15 minutes after the start of my interview time before someone came to fetch me. Without any warning, I was ushered into a conference room that had five people sitting across from me at a long table. It was like a congressional hearing. Most of them were on the marketing team, with one person from HR. Each person took turns introducing themselves and asking me one question. Everyone took copious notes and it seemed as though they were all filling out the same form. Despite the nebulous-yet-rigid experience of the interview, I really enjoyed speaking with them. It was clear that they had good camaraderie and that they loved their jobs. After a while the interview felt more like a conversation and less like a hearing. I was told I would hear back from them within the next week and a half. I never heard anything.

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Took about four weeks from date that I applied. Easy process and easy interview. They hire anyone for this position. They ask simple questions, they want to know that you will act in a professional matter when dealt with difficult situations.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

My interview with Metro was several years ago and, although I have no desire to work here coupled with the fact that I am leaving California for good, I felt compelled to share my experience with everyone on here so that they understand just how one-sided Metro can really be.

The interview itself consisted of an in-person interview in front of a panel of two people. They treated me like a robot who was only there to "run their programs" and nothing more. Metro is not afraid to shove their bureaucracy down your throat and this interview just confirmed that. At the end of the interview I had some questions regarding the position and they acted like it was illegal for me to do that.

They need to treat prospective employees with more respect and gratitude instead of being more concerned about throwing their politics in your face. This will only drive good candidates away and increase turnover for the ones you already have.

Director, Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Panel of three interviewers for about 45 minutes asking a series of questions from a listed prepared by the Human Resources department. Very few follow up questions were asked. Nothing asked was at all surprising -- basic corporate stuff.

Interview Questions

• Philosophy toward social media and what agency should and should not say   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. 1st a writing test, then a panel interview, then a second panel interview. The interview was a structured interview in that there was an established set of questions being asked. Got the feeling the interviewers really didn't want to be there and was hard to figure out what their connection to the position was. Interviews were very employer centric. There was no time for met to ask questions, in fact, panelists were surprised when I said I had questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks and responsibilities?   2 Answers

Principal Talent Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online in mid-September, got called into an in-person written exam mid-November. The written exam was quite difficult- two essays based on scenarios describing Talent Development needs. Used up nearly all of the 1.5 hours alotted. A month later (mid-December), heard I passed and got called in for an in-person interview a few days later. 1-on-3 panel interview- VERY robotic and impersonal. The three interviewers rotated through their questions (maybe 9 total?), no responses, no smiles, nothing. Hard to tell how I did, and figured it wasn't good, but then a month later I got called back in for the final round of interview. Sat across from four interviewers who were apparently the hiring managers who would be making the decisions. MUCH warmer, MUCH friendlier, MUCH more engaging interview. They also rotated through the questions but the questions felt deeper and the overall experience was so much better. Two weeks later, got an email saying that I had done well and was put into the "Qualified Candidate Pool" which would last 18 months. After about 3 weeks of consistently trying to get a hold of someone to get an update, I finally got a call telling me that they had hired someone else (the internal employee one level below the PTDS got moved up one position). I really enjoyed all of the HR/Talent Acq people I interacted with, and the people who proctored the written exam, and the people who did the final round interview. My only negative experience was with the first panel of interviewers, plus an overall frustration with how long they took to communicate, how little they communicated about timelines, and how impossible they were to get a hold of.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines. How did you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Entry Level Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application for the Entry Level Trainee Program and about a year later, was invited to interview for a position with their Long Range Planning Program. The interview was with a panel of two staff, including a manager, and consisted of many of your basic "what is your background" type questions but they asked for specificity in my community outreach experience and work with people of diverse backgrounds. It is a trainee position so they were mostly interested in my basic experience and technical competence (i.e. Excel). I thought the interview went well as I had much of the community engagement skills and experience they were looking for. At the end of the interview, they said they would get back to me with the results within two weeks, after consulting with their manager. However, they never called back with any updates. I can understand when prospective employees don't do follow-ups to the initial application submittal but find it unprofessional and inconsiderate when they don't follow through with a specific plan to get back to interviewees with results.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with people of diverse backgrounds? Can you multi-task?   Answer Question

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

After reviewing your application, the company does a testing process. Next, in person interview with two people. If you pass, you are put on a list for the different departments who will call for an interview when they have openings

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.