Long & McQuade Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Long & McQuade Interview Questions

Interviews at Long & McQuade

2.3

Interview

Two in-person interviews. Pretty standard behavioural questions in a calm atmosphere. If you do your prep practice questions and are personable and very friendly, you will do will. This is a family run friendly business who wants professional, friendly workers.

Guitar Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Calgary, AB) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and online application and received an email within minutes to come in for an interview. First interview was very basic questions and mostly a way to meet them. Was invited back for a second interview to ask more detailed questions about product knowledge. I was disappointed to discover that they basically don't offer any training and rely on you to train yourself on your own time off the clock. Considering the pay is quite low, I didn't really consider this to be a real position to even consider. Their three day training in Ontario was basically designed to train you on their POS system.

It's dissapointing that this company wouldn't even email me back after two group interviews. They basically handled it like a high school breakup in which they simply stopped talking to the other person. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What kind of electric guitars types are there?
      What is the difference between single foil and humbuckers?
      What's the difference an amp and a head?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with the store mamager was about 20-25 minutes and was quite relaxed. It was more like talking to an old friend. Spoke about my music background and how I would fit with the team.

Lesson Centre Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Long & McQuade in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was called to schedule an interview and was told it would be with one person. Show up and they surprise me by having it with two. Basic interview questions. Nice people. Was called the next day to be told they found someone more qualified.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being told to do something on the sales floor that you strongly disagree with?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Toronto, ON).

Interview

My interview process was pretty great. It was one on one with the store manager. I was asked a bunch of questions. We chatted about gear and instruments. As well as the hours/days that were required and scheduling. After that I was offered a job and then enrolled in their three day training program.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working Saturdays?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Fredericton, NB).

Interview

Be prepared for at least 3 interviews. Be sure you are attractive as they initially rate you on appearance. Chances are if are older, obese, ugly, they will not hire you. Dress sharp and if you are a woman, you better wear a dress with pantyhose and shoulders covered and closed-toe shoes, no matter how hot the day is. They are very picky on their dress code. Guys, be sure to have short hair neatly styled, wear a suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• What is one fault that you have?   1 Answer

Customs Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Pickering, ON) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was more a skills test on Excel which they indicated when scheduling. However, they never phoned or emailed after to say I wasn't moving forward. Rude!

Interview Questions

• Almost no questions. More of a chat about job expectations and next steps. It was friendly.   Answer Question

Sales and Rentals Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Calgary, AB) in January 2016.

Interview

You get a couple of interviews, one with the assistant manager, and one with the actual manager. Questions are fairly straightforward and pertain to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• How many days off of work are acceptable to you?   1 Answer

Retail Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Vancouver, BC) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed the manager of the department with my resumé in response to a posting, was brought in for a conversation with the departmental manager; was brought in for a second "interview" which was with the manager of the store, but was more about firming up the details of my hiring.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation (can't remember if it was in reference to coworkers or customers)   Answer Question

Lesson Centre Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Stratford, ON) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with the store manager, and if they like you, you do a second one with the Store Manager and the Regional Lesson Coordinator. Both interviews were in person. We talked about musical experience, running the recitals, some of the daily tasks. In store training.

Interview Questions

• What instruments do you play?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.