Long & McQuade Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Long & McQuade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Richmond, BC) in May 2021

Interview

There were two interviews. There was an initial prescreening with the regional manager, where she asked to hear more about my background/experience and asked a few situational questions. Then there was a follow-up interview with the regional manager that was more casual and conversational, and we talked more in specifics regarding wages, scheduling, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Long and McQuade?
    Answer Question

Long & McQuade

Application

I interviewed at Long & McQuade

Interview

Pretty standard process. There was an initial prescreening where an interview with store managers was scheduled after that another interview with department manager. An offer was made a couple days after the second interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Long & McQuade

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long & McQuade

Interview

There was an initial interview upon receiving my application, but there will be a second interview if I were to pass the first one. The only thing I would mention is they will only contact you if you go through.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of my strengths that I think will benefit the work environment.

Long & McQuade

Application

I interviewed at Long & McQuade

Interview

There are 2 in-person interviews. The questions they will ask you are very standard and easy to prepare for - pretty much any question you can find if you google "common job interview questions" will be asked. Of course they will ask about your musical background as well. I would strongly recommend spending time in the store and getting to know the employees before finishing your interview process if you haven't already. I would argue that the bigger part of the interview is to gage your personality to see if you're going to fit in and work well with your potential coworkers. You can be qualified as can be, but if the interviewers has any reasonable doubt that you may not mesh well with the group, nothing else really matters.

Interview Questions
  • A customer comes in with a broken guitar amplifier that is a few months out of warranty. They are upset and demanding that we fix their amp for free, and your managers are not in the building to help you out. What do you do?

Long & McQuade

Application

I interviewed at Long & McQuade

Interview

Two in-person interviews. Pretty standard behavioural questions in a calm atmosphere. If you do your prep practice questions and are personable and very friendly, you will do will. This is a family run friendly business who wants professional, friendly workers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Calgary, AB) in Jun 2017

Interview

Submitted resume and online application and received an email within minutes to come in for an interview. First interview was very basic questions and mostly a way to meet them. Was invited back for a second interview to ask more detailed questions about product knowledge. I was disappointed to discover that they basically don't offer any training and rely on you to train yourself on your own time off the clock. Considering the pay is quite low, I didn't really consider this to be a real position to even consider. Their three day training in Ontario was basically designed to train you on their POS system. It's dissapointing that this company wouldn't even email me back after two group interviews. They basically handled it like a high school breakup in which they simply stopped talking to the other person. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of electric guitars types are there? What is the difference between single foil and humbuckers? What's the difference an amp and a head?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2017

Interview

Interview with the store mamager was about 20-25 minutes and was quite relaxed. It was more like talking to an old friend. Spoke about my music background and how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Long & McQuade

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Long & McQuade in Nov 2016

Interview

Applied online. Was called to schedule an interview and was told it would be with one person. Show up and they surprise me by having it with two. Basic interview questions. Nice people. Was called the next day to be told they found someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle being told to do something on the sales floor that you strongly disagree with?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Toronto, ON)

Interview

My interview process was pretty great. It was one on one with the store manager. I was asked a bunch of questions. We chatted about gear and instruments. As well as the hours/days that were required and scheduling. After that I was offered a job and then enrolled in their three day training program.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working Saturdays?

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Long & McQuade (Fredericton, NB)

Interview

Be prepared for at least 3 interviews. Be sure you are attractive as they initially rate you on appearance. Chances are if are older, obese, ugly, they will not hire you. Dress sharp and if you are a woman, you better wear a dress with pantyhose and shoulders covered and closed-toe shoes, no matter how hot the day is. They are very picky on their dress code. Guys, be sure to have short hair neatly styled, wear a suit and tie.

Interview Questions
  • What is one fault that you have?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews