Loblaw Companies Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 26 Apr, 2019

1.7

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted for an interview the next day. Interview was very easy. Recruiter went over my experience and asked briefly what I did in certain roles. I was offered a job in the grocery department in the interview. I got on to the paperwork and am now awaiting background check and orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
  • Have you ever encountered a safety concern/hazard on the job? What did you do in the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw Companies

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

Interview process was good, timely, and efficient. Company contacted me after applying online where I had a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. Interview was done with managers of store, and asked questions from each

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON) in April-2015.

Interview

very easy. asked what you know about the role itself basic cashier questions. asked that your favourite PC product is. this was super easy for me because i had beeen a cashier for 8 years. nothing too difficult. they go easy on you because it's all students

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Phone call after handing in resume in-store to come in to meet up with HR. Interview was about 20-30 minutes asking basic questions to understand your personality. Nothing technical, and if you search basic interview questions online, it were very similar to those.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Richmond Hill, ON) in July-2016.

Interview

One on one interview straightforward. Come prephared with background knowledge of the company and answers for scenario type questions. They don't do reference check which I think is positive. other than that is was pretty good. .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?
      What do you about the company and its products?
      How to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Windsor, ON) in January-2014.

Interview

Fair interview process, most concerned about hours that you could work and whether weekend shifts were an option. They also looked for previous cashier experience and a backround check.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has one banana priced at 2.30 and decides to add a second what is the total price before tax?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

its just behavioral questions and it had given me a positive experience. I just applied through online without reference and they have called me for the telephony interview followed by one to one interview, finally, I landed my job offer.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle disagreement?
      how would you handle the issue with your colleagues?
      did you experienced any annoying conversation with the customers in the past and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON) in September-2016.

Interview

Very casual. There were two managers there and asked me very typical interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, when I could start, hours. I would say the interview was very short. About fifteen minutes in length and I walked away being told that it was very likely I'd get the position

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

Was easy going, hiring manager was very friendly. I was given paperwork and was told that I would hear back from them in a week after the background check was completed. So far, its been 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Loblaws?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON) in February-2014.

Interview

The interview was very short and also very casual. The questions were very easy to answer. They called back the next day to say that I got the job and when my first day would be

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.